Talking about pregnancy too much

PocoHR

Reaction score
Anyone else worry that they talk about being pregnant too much? I worry that I'm going to wear out the people in my life because really, I feel like I could talk about the baby all the time :blush: I love being pregnant and I already LOVE this baby so much, but I don't want to lose sight of other important things in my life either. I think I might try an exercise where I only talk about the baby when asked for the next few days, and try to talk/think about other things.

ME!!!! when im pregnant I can't think of anything else!! and I always think to myself Im talking to much about baby/pregnancy! even with my husband! because he's not as connected as I am with all of this! he doesn't feel much of a change yet and im sure it gets old hearing about all the changes and things happening in my body! every day I think to myself I need to stop talking about this unless asked.. then I forget hahaha
I'm so happy we have B&B to talk about stuff

I think I whine about pregnancy too much! I will admit that I am not enjoying being pregnant, I am very happy that we are going to have this baby, but I can't wait for the pregnancy part to be over. I worry that people are sick of my whining!

ME ME ME! It seems like any conversation I have with someone outside of my home is about my pregnancy. Whether I bring it up or they do. Then I feel self conscious wondering if people think I don't have a brain because all they want to talk about is babies. I have other things going on in my head too! Then I try and go a day without talking pregnancy with my hubby and that never happens.

I think I whine about pregnancy too much! I will admit that I am not enjoying being pregnant, I am very happy that we are going to have this baby, but I can't wait for the pregnancy part to be over. I worry that people are sick of my whining!

I am so with you on this one. Can't we just fast forward to after the delivery? It's just been one scare after another. It feels like I am always waiting for the next ultrasound to hear that everything is ok. I am now waiting for the 36 week u/s to see if lo is breach.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. I tried to stop talking about the pregnancy just for this afternoon and I did not succeed :haha:. But we were stroller shopping, so you can't do that without talking about baby! :) I'll try again tomorrow I guess.

It's just tough because the baby is always on my mind. I don't want to overload my DH though, he is so happy and excited about the baby, but I'm afraid if I keep going on and on, eventually it will be too much. It's just not the same when its not happening INSIDE your body :) I'm SO glad to have BnB though, at least we're all equally focused on babies here :)

I'm totally guilty of talking about it ALL THE TIME. I think it's driving hubby crazy!

Haha me too, constantly feel like it's all I talk about or think about, yesterday morning I nearly put the dog biscuits in the frying pan with my bacon instead of the dog bowl cos I was thinking about baby kicks! Dh would not have enjoyed that sarnie lol

Me, I was determined not to become one of them pregnant women who just talk about themselves and pregnancy but after my 13 week scan when I could tell people it's all I want to talk about. I keep apologising to people for going on and they say it's ok they understand I'm excited but feel like secretly their going shut up haha

Yes, me, I can hear people around me growing bored with me. I try to limit baby talk at work but at home it's no holds barred - my husband wanted a baby just as much as I do, and he doesn't seem to mind talking about it. The only time he wants to stop talking about it is when I start reminding him of all the things that need to get done around the house before baby comes......

I enjoy talking about it, even though it's my second. I constantly get told by my parents to stop talking about it cause they aren't happy about it (they were the same way with my DD) which annoys me. Everytime I want to ask my mom something regarding baby or just want to talk about it in general, she get's super annoyed, and it's kind of hurtful. Granted, yes, the day I had my daughter they were overjoyed and love her more than anything. But, I don't see why they have to be so rude about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->