Tantrums

A43

Reaction score
Hi mums n dad's!!
Roughly how many tantrums does your 3 year old have a day?!
Do you ignore the tantrums ?
Thanks

My son is nearly 4, but we still have 1-2 tantrums a day...Usually about eating dinner because he's super picky, getting ready for bed because "he's not tired", having to share toys with his brother, etc. Honestly, its not too bad now though. I think last year at this time it was probably more like 3-5 or so tantrums a day.

Tantrums as in stamping of a foot and flouncing off in a huff? Then a few! Tantrums as in dramatic weeping and flailing around on the floor then probably quite rarely these days!

My LO only has 1 tantrum a day at the moment, from a few minutes after she gets up, till she falls asleep. We have the odd quiet spell in between, usually if the telly on. Feeling pretty miserable about it at the moment :-(

Prob depends on what you consider a "tantrum"- My LO has what I call *moments* she'll get frustrated, but they are quick and painless. :haha: But as for "fits" where she cries or needs me to step in- some days it's a few (or more on a rough day where she's sick or tired etc...), other days none. And how I react depends on the situation. Typically, she doesn't get too upset- so I just try to move along and ask her to do the same... If she is OTT- then I just sit at her level, and give cuddles or try to talk her down and I try to verbalize for her what I think is going on... "it's ok to be frustrated, but you do not throw things" as a simple example. I don't think I ever ignore her per say- the most I would do is ask her to try to calm down- and to tell me when she's ready to move on... which, she does.

if any of that makes sense. IDK- it's just always worked best for her. We are both learning as we go through trial and error ;)

Just noticed you asked about 3yrs- my LO isn't there yet, but I've been told they get worse (before getting better) around 3yrs...so, we shall see ;)

Full blown flailing about on the floor tantrums maybe just once a week if I'm lucky! Little mini tantrums, several times a day. I don't give in to tantrums but I don't ignore them either. I'll stay with LO and hug her until she can calm down or if she doesn't want a hug I'll just sit close to her. I think it would be awful to be left alone with all those big scary emotions.

Alex has a full on on the floor head hanging tantrum 3-4 times a day at the moment over the slightest thing too. We ignore it up to a point, which is until his head banging gets to extreme and then we just give him a hug and he calms down

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->