Tantrums!!!!

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
OMG......Noah has started having tantrums & I really dunno what to do with him!!

We got up this morning, and had breakfast etc. Thought I'd get his bag ready & we'd go out to matalan :happydance: Eveything is ready, Noah is stood in the living room trying to stick his fingers in a plug socket :dohh: I told him no and moved him away from the plug and he throws this mega tantrum, throwing himself on the floor, stomping away from me, tears every where!!

Was just like - - WTF DO I DO!!!! I didn't want to pick him up because then I'd just be giving in when he throws a paddy!

I decided on a bottle and a trip to bed at 12pm :dohh: He luckily went off to sleep - but what do I do next time!!!

Eeeekkk, I'm sure he turns in to a diff baby as soon as his dad walks thru the door!

As far as I have read and what I think I'd do you did the right thing!

"I didn't want to pick him up because then I'd just be giving in when he throws a paddy!"

I'd still have gone out or at least try ...kinda like you can't put your plans on hold because LO has a tantrum ...if Mummy goes out baby does too (nap in pram).
:muaha:

I dread tantrums and my son pulls one on me once a week. I don't like picking him up as he's strong and heavy for me and I end up accidentally hurting him.

But he's 5 1/2.

I think you did the right thing. :hugs:

Putting him in the car when throwing a tantrum is like....aaaahhhh!!! He end up going all rigid and won't bend to sit in the seat......I'm like 'bend, bend' :dohh:

I opted for a cuppa tea! :muaha:

You did right hun, I reckon he was tired as well thats why he went straight to sleep

I know Jack is older but i tend to leave him to it and just get on with whatever I am doing, ignoring seems to bring them back a lot quicker than trying to reason

You did right hun, I reckon he was tired as well thats why he went straight to sleep

I know Jack is older but i tend to leave him to it and just get on with whatever I am doing, ignoring seems to bring them back a lot quicker than trying to reason

I agree about the ignoring too. It works.

Yep ignoring always brings the tantrum to a end sooner, i always ignore but OH will put up with his crying for so long and then turn around and shout for kieran to stop crying which always starts him off again...we're having alot f practice at the moment in our house...kieran has turned into the devil child!! lol x

You're lucky that he's only starting them now, Kaya's been throwing tantrums for the last 6 months lol. Ignoring or distraction works for me. Usually Kaya throws them because she's tired, so I try to avoid the situations that lead to one (usually letting her walk - she want's to go this way, I want to go that way :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->