Tassimo for formula!!!!!!!!!!

I think its the fact that it is made by nestle, responsible for pushing formula in developing countries to this day; which has resulted in many baby deaths; as well as advertising breaches in many countries, that riles people up.

Thats right.. its the fact that its nestle that have come up with it... although to be honest i am not actually shocked that of all the companies it would be them!

If only the time and money that has already gone into this awful machine were to be put into resources for promoting and educating people on breastfeeding instead!!!!!!

Its awful too because people WILL buy into this for the gimmick and ease of it... what is more convienient than the pre-heated perfectly stored breastmilk the babies should be having??

Then there is the way that nestle are marketing it.... completely unethical as per their usual standards (or lack of)
1. formula is NOT a breastmilk substitute and that is a fact plain and simple it.is.not.
2. to market the product as being the 'first comprehensive nutrition system for babies' is just shocking.... sorry to break it to ya nestle but breasts were, still are and always will be the first (and best) comprehensive nutrition system for babies....... no matter what overpriced, glossy gadget you try and flog to parents!!!!!

I dont see what the big deal is tbh :shrug:

Im a proud BFer but if FF mums want to buy this then thats totally up to them IMHO what is the point in getting riled up about it? x

I guess everyone has things they are incredibly passionate about

Not every one is able to breastfeed though so you can premote the benifits of breastmilk till the cows come home but if your baby wont latch, your baby wont latch, not every one can express so its formula or starve.

I dont think id have got one, im not a gadgety person but it would come in handy for those 3am feeds.

if i was ff i think this would be great:haha: anything that saves time :haha: i ff my other 3, so this would indeed save time:thumbup: but like some say shame its made by nestle :( not cow&gate :) i wouldn't say its vile how could it be? its just something to make life easier that's all:shrug: x

why is this in here? it doesn't really have anything to do with breastfeeding.

not everyone can breastfeed...what if a mother dies and someone else isleft looking after a new baby and any others...surely this could be useful for them? or if you adopt? you can promote bf all you want, and yes it should be, but it just is not possible for some people, so get off your high horse and focus that energy on actually being supportive and helpful to women who WANT that supprt. There is nothing wrong with it (yes the company aren't ethical etc...but it's not about that), it's expensive and everything, but for some people it might work.

the company being un-ethical is EXACTLY what it is about

I look at that gadget the same as I do as a tub of formula - there if you need it but great if you don't. I had a click through their website to see if I could find a price. Although I don't speak fluent French, it was asking me to tick a box to make sure that I understood that breast milk is best under 6 months. I suppose that's all they can do really...

But in your first post you said in invention was vile, not the company that made it. Maybe you need to make yourself more clear.

its a very small effort in the RIGHT direction... which is very much overshadowed by all that they do in the WRONG direction isn't it :)

i find the fact that they have made the product vile.... i do think the product AND the company are vile

What is wrong with this? It says for people who are not breastfeeding, its hygenic and made properly...

I'm sure there is already something out there in the UK that is similar to this i'm sure i saw it when i was pregnant with my last baby. It wasnt made by nestle i think it might have been avent or something like that?

So going on the 'its wrong because of the company that invented it' route is it wrong that there is another company out there in the UK selling a similar product?? No its the same as selling a steraliser or a bottle warmer!!

It really isnt worth arguing over is it?
If people are breastfeeding fine.
If people are formula feeding and they want to spend their money to buy this to make their lives easier,then thats fine too.

The whole nestle thing I dont really know what its about:blush:,I just know that our playgroup boycotted nescafe a while back.Maybe im ignorant :shrug:

I dont understand why it is in the bf section either.

If people are formula feeding and they want to spend their money to buy this to make their lives easier,then thats fine too.

The whole nestle thing I dont really know what its about:blush:,I just know that our playgroup boycotted nescafe a while back.Maybe im ignorant :shrug:

Because you wouldent be able to slate it in the FF section.

Nestle have some less than ethical practices in regards to selling their formula. I try to avoid Nestle for this reason but I don't see why someone else shouldn't. And to be honest that machine looks canny handy. :shrug:

Nestle have some less than ethical practices in regards to selling their formula. I try to avoid Nestle for this reason but I don't see why someone else shouldn't. And to be honest that machine looks canny handy. :shrug:

Oh right,I didnt know that.As soon as you said 'canny' I had to check where you were from lol I thought you have to be from around here.:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->