Tassimo for formula!!!!!!!!!!

i dont think at all formula feeding is easier option, regardless of any gadgets the bring out... so much hassle...

i think women that bf or have bf will always know that bf is a lot more easier than formula, and will only turn to formula under special circumstances...

i have been told to introdce hypoallergenic formula to my lo.... and to be honest the thought of sterilizing, washing bottles etc i end up just sticking her on...

bt when i had my first lo, i had severe mastitis, which turned into abscess, and none of the surgeons had seen such a sever case of it, was in and out of hospital for 11 weeks, and they would have to drain my breast with syringe, but i still persisted to carry on bf but only from one side and had to top up, i wold have really appreciated a gadget like this under that situation, as i was soo ill as well and my hubby useless at making formula...

I think most of the formula companies have done the same thing in developing companies. Unfortunately there will always be money to be made from baby formula, and there is a very limited market for breast feeding products. You only need to go into the supermarket to see that.
Maybe the OP should take some of her passion and use it towards positively promoting Breast Feeding by joining LaLeche League, or donating time or money to a breastfeeding charity/support group.
In New Zealand we have awesome breast feeding support, it's advertised on Television and widely promoted as the best for baby. However parents still turn to formula. If parents wish to buy something that makes their lives easier, who are you to judge??? Yes, I find Breast Feeding easier, I also think many people quit becasue they are given the wrong advice rather than having issues which could be resolved with the right support in place (no offence to people who really can't breast feed). But the answer is in the education of health professionals and parents, not by demonising FF and slating products on a forum.
Yes...you are entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to think that you are wrong!! I am a bit nicer about it though and am not calling you ignorant!

I fail to see how spending several hundred dollars on a gadget is going to make anyone not BF if they weren't already that way inclined. Seriously the hassle with FF IMO is the bottle washing, water sterilizing etc, not the powder dispensing and mixing!
Hardly vile, all Nestle shenanigans aside. Gimmicky and unnecessary, yes.
I guarantee any mother with $300 to spend who is having breastfeeding problems is going to buy a breast pump before she buys one of those.

I think that's really cool. I had to combo feed and the price is enough to put me off, but I can totally see the appeal.

Maybe the person banging their head against the wall is ignorant :rofl:

I fail to see how spending several hundred dollars on a gadget is going to make anyone not BF if they weren't already that way inclined. Seriously the hassle with FF IMO is the bottle washing, water sterilizing etc, not the powder dispensing and mixing!
Hardly vile, all Nestle shenanigans aside. Gimmicky and unnecessary, yes.
I guarantee any mother with $300 to spend who is having breastfeeding problems is going to buy a breast pump before she buys one of those.

This!

I'm not going to suddenly stop breastfeeding because of some fancy bottle making gizmo.

In my opinion if something like this could sway someone that easily, then they are likely not going to stick to breastfeeding past the first 2 weeks anyway - and are obviously a bit too easily influenced and have bigger issues to worry about.

I don't like this product for this reason..........
Its is crucially important, IMO, for babies to discover for themselves, how much they need. How much sleep, how many cuddles, how much attention, and how much milk and subsequently food they need. A baby who is truely demand fed, whether by breast or bottle, will develop this skill and will become self limiting in their consumption - ie they will know from a very very early age how much is enough, because they have been allowed to learn, naturally. If more babies were allowed to develop this skill and more parents trusted their babies to eat the correct amount for themselves, the huge problem of childhood obesity would not be around to the extent that it is at the moment, and the need to consume more than is enough of other substances and foods as an adult would not occur......I am talking about over eating, over drinking, over indulging in other recreational habits..........
This product does not promote demand feeding at all. It uses pre measured pouches. The baby is encouraged to consume what the manufacturers want it to consume therefore not developing these vital skills for themselves.

surely though if offered one sized feed the baby would have the opportunity to decide how much to take

i demand fed my son i offered an ounce more than he was regularly drinking and he took what he wanted, if he was regularly draining a 5 ounce bottle then id offer 6, if id have offered 9 he would still only take the 5- 51/2 he needed surely if i just made up a bottle of 5 then i wouldnt be demand feeding iyswim

i wouldnt buy this to be fair its easy enough to wash and prep a bottle however i did find bfing easier and would have continued had i been able

surely though if offered one sized feed the baby would have the opportunity to decide how much to take

i demand fed my son i offered an ounce more than he was regularly drinking and he took what he wanted, if he was regularly draining a 5 ounce bottle then id offer 6, if id have offered 9 he would still only take the 5- 51/2 he needed surely if i just made up a bottle of 5 then i wouldnt be demand feeding iyswim

i wouldnt buy this to be fair its easy enough to wash and prep a bottle however i did find bfing easier and would have continued had i been able

Agree completely with this!

I don't think it's that bad. Apart from it being made by nestle.

I have got to move onto formula in the next 3 month as my new job won't allow me to pump or carry on breastfeeding. This seems to me a fantastic innovation and I love the idea. If the pods aren't more than twice the price of say the cartons, I may just consider it.... But then ima big gadget freak lol

OT but it's the law that your employer provides you with somewhere to express, store milk and the time to do it :flower:

Sorry, i didnt say that It's not the employer just the nature of the job. Being a police officer I could never guarantee a set time to pump and the rotating shifts will mean I'm awake at completely opposite times of the day. But if anyone has managed it, I would really love to know! X :flower:

Awww :( I work for the RCMP here in Canada and we have a pumping room at our department, and some of the girls bring portable pumps with them and use them in their cars, usually after night shift they go for the 3-4am pump with the most milk and sometimes wake during the day to pump (although I don't know many night shift women with little kids that sleep more than 2-3 hours in the day!!!!).

It's hard but I've seen it done. If you are on a call then yeah, that's impossible, but I think they should give you a break to pump when report writing.

Seriously, i am a gadget freak, after FF DD1 nothings going to convince me that FF is easier than breastfeeding. The idea of sterilising bottles and preparing formula fills me with dread.

Washing, steralising, boiling the kettle, letting it cool for 30 mins, make the bottle, get it to the right temperature

OR

Whip your boob out and latch.

FF is hardly easy choice, well unless you have a daughter like mine lol

FF is, IMO, easier in the beginning. It's far easier to get a baby to take a bottle right away then to get them to latch/BF. As time goes on, and the baby takes to BF well, it's a lot easier to pull down your shirt and feed. With FF, it's a constant sterlizing, washing, prepping, etc.

Which is why exclusive expressing sucks so bad, LOL.

I think if i was ff it would be a good idea but not sure i'd shell out on it - quite pricey... i also didn't buy the wipes warmer or a nappy wrapper.

Don't see a problem with a gadget to make mummies' lives easier - even better if they could include bottle cleaning/sterilisation and a tea/coffee maker on the side!

It wouldn't convince me to ff, ease of use isn't a motivating factor for me - and essentially all it does is measure the formula and pop in warm water - then you'll still need to fill it and clean it as well as sorting the bottles....

hx

Asides from the problem of demand feeding I think it is a clever idea and would particularly help parents who could afford it for the night time feeds as I imagine that is hard work when FF. Having started giving formula just in the afternoon over the last 2 weeks it is such a phaff and don't see why FF mums should be punished for not BF by being made to feel like they shouldn't have any assistance in the way they feed. It's like saying formula ready made cartons are 'vile' because the mum doesn't need to measure out etc. Maybe we shouldn't be allowed nursing bras because that makes feeding a little easier......I just don't get your point really? But I understand how passionate you are about BF I am too and agree it would be money well spent if more awareness could be raised, but I don't think those who can't or don't want to BF should be punished. But I also wouldn't by formula from Nestle.x

sorry this has probly already been said but isnt the problem with this that it doesnt heat it up to the proper sterile temperature therefore aside from being expensive and yet another gadget to clog up the environment its not safe for FF ... ?
i hate nestle anyway so i wouldnt touch it with a barge pole even if i used formula lol
having said that my mum has a tassimo and lovces it so she'd probably use it :haha:

sorry this has probly already been said but isnt the problem with this that it doesnt heat it up to the proper sterile temperature therefore aside from being expensive and yet another gadget to clog up the environment its not safe for FF ... ?
i hate nestle anyway so i wouldnt touch it with a barge pole even if i used formula lol
having said that my mum has a tassimo and lovces it so she'd probably use it :haha:

It does heat up to the right temperature, plus all the mixing gets done in the capsule and doesnt come into contact with the machine so is probably more safe. You just need to sterilise the bottles...

I still love the idea though

https://info.babymilkaction.org/news/campaignblog270511

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"