• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tax Credits - Doesn't sound right to me!

Mamoosca

Reaction score
I've just called tax credits helpline and asked for an estimate for the coming year since our new baby is due next week. I explained the calculators online all had different answers and the lady explained she would use their own for me.

She took my details and income.

£4104 - my income for last year due to being on mat leave
£15,100 income for OH

and then took my income for this year which is going to be around the same if not slightly less since it's Maternity Allowance and not declarable.

She seems to think we will be receiving £208 per week in tax credits. This seems awfully high to me. Does anyone with a similar income get anything like this!?

Have you tried going to entitledto.co.uk, you put in ur details and tells ya roughly what ur entitled to and breaks it down for you.

wow yer, that does sound alot. I was like you last year (last tax year) most of the year i was on mat leave and hubby is self-employed and had a bad year and after expenses etc he was about £8k and mine was £6k roughly and we got £606 per month child tax and working tax credit combined. Im not sure what ill be getting this year as im back at work and hubbys work has finally picked up. :shrug: be interesting to see, get my payment in afew weeks. X

That sounds about right I think.

Ive done it for OH and I. Last year it works out at about 13k for him an 9.8 for me before tax and after vouchers.........I have #2 due in may and it says we can get £71.83 a week. But it confuses me as when is asks if you get any benefits etc......it doest say if that was for LAST year or this year, so I had to put in yes, but then no for the wages bit as im not for last year.

is it me or is it all very confusing?:wacko: i always find I have to allow an evening (with a glass of wine of course) to sit and fill out the forms....takes ages, maybe coz Im so worried Ill get something wrong then end up with a great big bill! :dohh:

Just use the HMRC tax credits calculator, that is usually right for me, just remember it works out for the amount of weeks left in the financial year, so if it says you are entitled to £8000, that means you are entitled to that from now until April 5th 2014, so divide it by the remaining weeks of the year, 50?

Thanks guys. I tried the calculators before I phoned and they all gave different amounts which is why i asked them for their estimate but it still sounds wrong to me. I guess i'll find out when I send my forms off in a few weeks x

me and my hubby had the same amount last year roughly £19000 combined and for me hubby, and two kids its £320 every four weeks

It sounds loads to me. Just a guess but if there is no childcare involved 800+ a month sounds awfully high BUT thats me assuming you have no other kids. If you have other children then maybe its right

Not sure... Seems alot, i used to get 212 a week as a single mum earning 7200 a year but that was no childcare. If you get childcare it could be right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->