Tax credits going?

nicole_

Aidy's Mummy
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is true? I might have my head buried under a rock but I never heard anything :haha:
Sorting out mortgage forms out today and they've said they won't take into account our tax credits as income because they'll be going soon
This isbthebfirst I'd heard of anything and has panicked me slightly as I wanted to be a sahm :shrug:

I think its all being replaced with a 'universal benefit' which is basically all benefits rolled into one? I think? lol

I dont really know any details but someone mentioned to me the other day that they might be stopping in 2012. I really hope not.

omg 1st ive heard and im on tax credits, wander wen we'll find out prob a month b4 they stop xxxx

Yup, it's all stopping. There won't even be any income support, jobseekers allowance, tax credits. etc. It will all be one universal benefit where it always pays to work, they plan on making people better off even if they are only working 10hours per week.

Great idea IMO, puts an end to people on benefits for life!

Surely they cant just stop them thousands of families depend on them, i need that money it just about keeps us from sinking x

They won't be stopped just like that. They will keep on reducing the limits and from October 2013 the first batch of people who have been using them long-term will be moved on to "Universal Credit" instead. It's said it will take around 4 years to completely phase out all benefits. x

They are changing the thresholds next year and faffing around with iti think

I hope not! The amount of tax me & DH have paid into the system over the years, we should be getting something back!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11735673

"The government has also confirmed plans to implement a £50 immediate fine for "errors that could have reasonably been prevented" on benefit claims."

Why fine people that are trying to claim for benefits.... Fair enough if they are trying to be fraudulent, but for making a mistake? ffs.

I wont comment on the rest, making me angry and my opinions are one sided so might heat up others! lol :)

Oh no - my husband is self employed on an erratic wage and I am a SAHM so we rely on tax credits to make ends meet. If I had to go back to work, the amount I would need to claim for nursery fees for 3 pre schoolers would far exceed the amount I am claiming in tax credits now.

they cant leave u with nothing cuz by the time u get ure wages the amount u pay towards childcare its unbelievable, ive got 2 lots to pay for wen i go back to work...its got to the point where theres no point in me working so they cant just stop helping families that are willing and do pay into the system, am all for stopping scroungers but ffs give us a break!!!xxxxx

I doubt theyd get away with it tbh, the amount of people that rely on tax credits and enables them to work wont just stand back and let it happen even if it is britain lol

I hate tories!

Just think what the Tories did to the ship building industries and the mining communities and allowing the EU to destroy fishing and farming communities. The Tories will do anything they like.
I have no idea what the new levels will be when universal credits come in but I do think they will be substantially less than they are now.

and i hope by 2012 they just bring the Recession down if can't completely finish it:wacko:
Truely bad and what is the Universal benefit ????? what about the housing benefit and stuff?????:nope:that's not good at all:growlmad:

Housing benefit has already been reduced. I have a very good friend already going through hell and back because of the housing benefit drop. She's desperately trying to move out of a house she will soon not be able to afford and unable to do so.

I haven't heard of anything about them being removed completely, but I can understand why your mortgage provider won't take your tax credits as part of your earnings. The current climate, the recent cuts etc, they are bound to be cut again soon. Even if they stay the same now for a few years, it's still very unreliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->