Tax Credits Tax & SMP (thanks to bigbelly)

I was given a lump of £1200 and pence last year and got a lovely letter the other day sayin that Ive been overpaid by £876 and need to pay it back:hissy: :cry::hissy:

i HATE this new way of doing things with a passion was far better the way they used to do it (in 6 month blocks):hissy:

Oh no hope that doesn't happen to me?? x

:wohoo: :wohoo:

I have to say my thank you for bringing this to my attention is MASSIVE ...I've just been given about £1000 back.

We're doing Caitlins room & we've been discussing finances esspec as we've just moved now I can do it :yipee:

I'd never have known about this had you not brought it to my attention.

brilliant news,

glad it worked out well for you!!

h x

so does anyone know what sort of a refund you can expect back when they deduct £1500 pound of your p60 total.

any help would be appreciated

so glad you got a big payment wobbles :)

yup smp is deductable of £100 per week

if you dont mind me adding.. for those of you who are claiming maternity allowance they disregard the entire amount.. this is due to it not being a taxable benefit like IB..
also if your income is going to be less this yr then last tax year (due to smp/MA) get them to reasses your claim on this years income..

for example last tax year our income was my oh annual wage plus 9 months annual wage from me and 11 weeks MA but this year we will only have OH wages and my MA

so mine and oh claim is based entirly on his income this year..

you have to let them asses your claim first for this tax year and then appeal it (i did mine over the phone)

our payments went from £60ish per week to £93

hope this helps

and sorry to hijack the thread just thought it might help :blush:

Yes I am about to update as I am on Maternity leave

i had my tax credits based on this year income as last years income had us just over threshold and this years should have been well under as i went on mat leave in June... however oh got a grid payrise which we weren't expecting and then a surprise promotion when someone left! we now have to pay back £1200... :(

well at least u have more money coming in :) yeah wanna make sure i get it right as i dont wanna be in a position where I have to pay money back xx

Im so confused by all this! I applied for Tax credits around Nov last yr, have been on Maternity leave since May 2011. I got the letter saying im entitled to nothing. I think its because they based it on my earnings from 2011-2012 which were £25000. The really confusing part for me is that theres no way I will have earned that! I got full pay for the first 18 wks and then went on to SMP which runs out in 2 wks. Im taking the full yr off and am due back mid May (alhough I'm thinking of delaying this until Sept as we have issues with childcare but thats another story!) So basically from mid Feb I will have no income, apart from child benefit. My husband gets just under £20000. I wonder if I should apply again. I am not very good with all these figures and am totally confused about how to work out my actual salary for this year.
Any advice appreciated!:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->