Tea in baby bottles?

mummytobe_93

Reaction score
I see so many people give their baby tea in a bottle. Seriously? Am I the only one that finds this quite wrong?

I'd never do it ... but I had tea in a bottle, and rusks/baby rice in my milk from about 6 weeks etc etc. :-(

Xx

I just wouldn't even think about it... I think my kids probably tasted tea for the first time when they were 2. I don't think it would be advisable for a baby. So no you are not alone!

No but when I was a baby my mom gave me lots of rooibos tea (it's caffeine free) it was very much the done thing and I've never suffered because of it. I have no teeth problems, I'm 33 and don't even have one filling. Only work I've needed on my teeth was getting my wisdom teeth removed.

I thought before opening this thread you were going to ask if it's ok and I was thinking oh boy here we go :rofl:

Eta - I'm actually 34 come to think of it! :haha:

Oh actually I forgot back in the colic days I tried to give my LO fennel tea but with a spoon, he wasn't having it though

Better than soda in the baby bottle, which I've seen people do.

Me and my brothers all had tea in our bottles it was pretty standard at the time. I'm the eldest and 31.

I think I was more shocked when I saw it to be honest. I always think of tea as an adult drink so maybe that's why it's even weirder to see a baby drinking it! X

I've never heard of giving tea in a bottle to be honest and I'm 36. I was breastfed though, but I did drink tea from around 2. Never had any problems. Louis has a cup of tea sometimes but he's almost four and it's more or less milk (which he wouldn't touch otherwise).

I've never heard of putting tea in a bottle and would never do it. In my husbands culture tea is very common and I've seen toddlers drink it in small 3 oz glasses, I thought that was odd enough. I agree with pp, I always thought of tea as an adult drink.

Tea? Like builders tea? Why?? Never heard of this, I'm intrigued - I'm guessing it's older children?

X

I have NEVER heard of that!! :wacko:

Bumphope yes builders tea and no I'm talking more 5 months old!!

My mum did it with us but when we were toddlers. Not something I'd do. Millie at 4 isn't interested x

I don't know the purpose? Maybe same reason give juice? Their babies won't drink water and its the only way to get liquids into them other than milk.

Not that babies need water ... I'm just wondering if that's the reason people do it.

I've sent my mom a message asking why she gave me tea as a baby ... she's not answered :haha:

I never had it as my mum put me straight on cows milk in a beaker when she stopped BF around 6 months so I never even had a bottle, but my brother was given a bottle as she returned to work a bit earlier (and she didn't get him off them till he was 3/4!) and yeah he had tea in it, quite surprising really when my parents were pretty strict with food etc growing up. My eldest is 4 and he's never tasted tea nor has he asked for it, I don't drink it but DH does, I just don't see the need in giving kids tea but there are worse things, but I don't believe in putting anything other than formula in bottles. I squirm when I see squash in a bottle.

I don't get it. Why on earth would anyone in their right mind want to give their baby a drink with caffeine in? My baby drinks only milk and water and is up like a million times a night, the last thing he needs is caffeine :haha:

I see it as a grown up drink. What kids need caffine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->