Tea in baby bottles?

So I've been following this thread for awhile now and am still genuinely confused - obviously this isn't a popular concept in the US (unless I'm totally missing something?)

But wherever this practice of putting tea in baby bottles exists - what exactly is the reason or purpose? why do people do this? Convenience? To spice up baby's drink? This isn't a judgemental question at all - I've just never heard of it before.... Is it similar to how people use apple juice or orange juice as a substitute to water here in US? I'm curious :flower:

I allow DD a sip here and there because she asks for it.

How can she ask for it at 8 months old? I honestly don't mean that nasty, but can't you just pacify her with something else? X

My LO asks for a cup of tea (and started about 2/3 weeks ago). But she's 16m with the language of a 2+ year old. Most of the time I say no, but an after nap treat I say yes and we sit together once or twice a week.

I can't answer why people put it in bottles....laziness perhaps? Who knows.

I actually let my son try tea after this thread, he spat it out though!

I have never heard or seen it, but when I see a parent pour soda or juice into a baby bottle I cringe. I also think it is weird when parents give their elementary school kids coffee. But in my experience that tends to happen in families that are heavy coffee drinkers, and neither my husband nor I can bear the stuff. :)

I dont understand why anyone would want to give their baby caffeine with it being an addictive stimulant x

My little girl is active enough without caffeine. I think I'd be screwed of she got hopped up on tea and started getting more hyper :D

Neither me or OH drink tea, so she won't be getting any from is but me and my brothers all had tea in our bottles and grew up OK so I don't think it's damaging.

I've always seen tea as an adult drink, I don't drink it anyway and my oh only has a cuppa every now and then. Family members have never suggested we let DD have some of their tea either. Just don't see the need personally, I've read that the tannin in tea can hamper iron absorption but I guess that's probably only a problem if your kid drinks a lot of the stuff.

What about staining their wee milk teeth? That would worry me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->