Tea in baby bottles?

I'm not a fan of anything other than breast milk or formula in bottles. We're teaching DS2 how to drink from sippy cups with juice and water.

Tea? Probably not until he's closer to 2, about the time we started with DS1. That's just my personal preference.

Bottles are milk only!! Everything else should be in a sippy or open cup IMO.

My LO likes a cup of decaff tea, it's our afternoon treat with a small cake usually after nap time, but only in an open cup. She wouldn't want it in anything else as then it's too different from mine!

We love a cuppa!

Haven't heard of this? Not sure if it's a popular custom in the US? Although I once heard a lady in the grocery complaining on her phone about how hyper and "naughty" her kids were - I look over and she's pouring Pepsi into one of their bottles :dohh: hurt my brain

I have heard of this but I'd never give my young children tea, not even in a cup. My 2.5 year old just had his first hot chocolate last night but he doesn't care to try my tea (knows it's hot) so I don't know why you'd introduce it like that?

My 2.5 yr old occasionally has tea, she asks for it and would have tasted it around the 1.5 yr mark. She has it in a sippy cup or normal cup, nothing was ever put in her bottle except formula. One of my cousins still had tea in his bottle at 12!! One of Most disturbing thing I've ever seen!

Must be a cultural thing as I had never heard of it before.

I think I had my first cup of tea at 7 or 8 years of age and was very disappointed with how boring it was!

Oh no, I wouldn't do that. DD won't have tea until she's a teenager at the earliest. I put breast milk and formula in her bottles, nothing else.

I saw a couple put coffee in their toddler's sippy cup once on a train, and then they moaned at her the whole remainder of the journey because she wouldn't calm down :dohh:

I didn't have tea til I was a teenager, hated it, and didn't actually develop the taste for it until my early 20s. I couldn't survive without it now though :haha: I had friends at primary school who drank it though.

Are you sure it was tea and not some type of juice? DD has been constipated before and I had to give her juice in a bottle

But then again, it was only an oz, and not a full bottle. Maybe this parent doesn't use sippy cups?

One of friends has given her child Mountain Dew since he was a couple months old thinking it was "cute." His teeth are so damn rotten at 26 months.

I know of someone who's little girl went off milk around 3 months because of a sickness bug & was fussing over it after so they decide she didn't like milk anymore & she just has tea in every bottle......
Horrific!

tea gives me a headache, i probably wouldn't offer it to lo

Its pretty common in South Africa. My LO won't touch bottles with anything in it, even extressed milk but she has had the occasional sip of tea from my cup. I don't think much goes in but she likes to play with it. I figure she survived 16 days of high dose ICU drugs, a sip of tea twice a month ain't gonna kill her ;)

My mum took me off formula at 6 months after realising I had an intolerance. Changed me to weak tea in a beaker. I personally wouldn't do it though. My lo has a formula and cows milk intolerance but I changed to almond milk once he reached 1.

I've seen it done but never would myself, to me it seems like a bit of a 'blast from the past' when there wasn't as much if any research done on baby nutrition! My nearly 3 year old loves hot chocolate but I wouldn't give her tea yet, I remember first having it when I was in juniors at primary school so 9 or 10 maybe.

I stand corrected on my previous comment! My mom says I had it occasionally from about 4-5 months old with meals when I started solids but always out of a cup never a bottle.

i gave my dd chamomile & fennel tea when she was colicky - it was literally the only thing which helped and i tried it all! so, i would do it again.

Is this a British thing? I have never heard of it and the thought would never cross my mind.

I honestly don't think I had tea till I was a teenager. Why would you (as a kid) when hot chocolate exists?!

I hate it :haha: I think it looks horrible seeing a tiny baby drinking tea, why would you? But Elodie rarely has juice because I don't see why you need to give them that either (unless they point blank refuse water or milk).

I actually think I'd sooner give my baby tea rather than juice :shrug:

I'm surprised babies like the taste of tea really, which makes me think the tea must be sweetened with sugar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->