Teaching courses to help my daughter????

smurff

Mummy to Emily and Harry
Reaction score
Hi. My daughter is globally delayed, she is 4yrs old but at some points she is at an 8mths old stage. It's pretty obvious she is Autistic and her peadeatrition and lots of other health care professionals have told us she is but they won't test her for another year. We are going through the forms to claim extra benefits so she can either attend special school or get her own teacher at the school she's currently down to attend next year. I know funding for this has recently been cut and there are serverly disabled children being turned down so I'm not hopeful of my daughter getting the funding. There is no way she could ever attend a normal school so if I absolutely have to I'll have to home school. I was just wondering if there is any teaching courses to help Autistic children or not Autistic that I could do from home.

No wxperience but didn't want to read and run.

I found this https://www.autismeducationtrust.or...ocal-authorities/la home-based provision.aspx which may be useful.

I work for a training provider, in terms of general teaching quals you can do from home there is the award or certificate in education and training (AET or CET) which would provide a qual you would be able to use in the future for potential career opportunities and would also give a foundation understanding of teaching and learning cycles, assessment strategies, developing a scheme of work, differentiating your teaching material to learner needs and so on.

That's great help thankyou, home schooling my dd doesn't seem so scary now :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->