(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

giving birth is def not as scary as people say! yes it hurts but it wont kill you!

I know thats what I hear too.. It hurts but it wont kill you! so many people have done it! EVERYONE is alive.. lol..

I know I will be a great mummy & Dh a great daddy! Cant wait now.. I WANT MY BABY.. but in 2 months.. baby must stay in there till Sept lol..

omg 2 months??????? THATS TOO SOON! And not soon enough... but seriously! Where does it go??

30 weeks today!! YAY!!!! look at the ticker.. 70 days to go!! EEEEKKK!!!!!

hi ladies!!

Where is everyone?!? I guess we are all having eventless pregnancys - good.
Here are the latest pics of me

Attachments

• collage.jpg
    collage.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN4213.jpg
    DSCN4213.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1
hi ladies!!

Where is everyone?!? I guess we are all having eventless pregnancys - good.
Here are the latest pics of me

Wow! You look much bigger than at 26 weeks. Woot :thumbup:

I've noticed I've had a bit of a belly growth spurt, too. I have no idea how I will stretch out any further!

Yes, things are pretty uneventful at this point. I'm having back and foot pain, and am going to a swim fitness class Wednesday night. I hope it helps. I'm worried about how I will feel in the last trimester if I can barely move right now!
Also, having some crazy heartburn. I woke up Saturday night unable to breathe, coughing and choking. The darn acid actually went into my windpipe! It was really scary. I'm going to have to be vigilant in taking the Zantac everyday.

How about you? How are you feeling??

Here are my latest belly shots. 25 weeks today--yay!

Update: I forgot to say that these pics are from 24w3d (not that I looked much different today!)

Attachments

• belly 24w3d-b.jpg
    belly 24w3d-b.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1
  • belly 24w3d.jpg
    belly 24w3d.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 3
YAY!! Grat pics Hib and Dev! I'll throw my new ones from today up!

Pretty uneventfull here too. I just feel fat lol and hungry. I'm trying sooooo hard not to put on weight.... or at least more then absolutly possible... so I'm alwaysss hungry! I don't care how big this baby is though... she does not need a DOUBLE quarter pounder at 10 O'Clock at night lol.

Been buying stuff! But not a lot of stuff and not a lot of usefull stuff lol Clothes! and Shoes! I'm done with diapers... I have enough to cloth her untill she hits a medium size... so thats done. The inlaws bought us a carseat... and I was given a baby carrier! Which is fun because I totally want to wear my baby lol. But no bottles or wipes or anything like that yet :|

and speaking of... does anyone know the difference between the 500 dollars breast pumps and the 20 dollar breast pumps?? I mean I get the manual vs. electric... but is there a difference between the rest... because I don't mind spending 50ish dollars on one... but 300?!?!? What does it do for me that the 50 dollar one doesn't???

I hope everyone is having a great summer so far!! Not too hot! :hugs:

Woohoo for the bump pics! Devi I always love your side and front progression :thumbup: looks like a :blue: bump to me!
Hibiscus - your bump is so perfectly round and so smooth!

My 16 weeks not-much-of-a-bump pic is in my journal here:
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...st-intrauterine-pregnancy-31.html#post6061161

...and while you are there would you mind guessing Squiggles gender on my poll? Scan in 5 days time! OMG I might just go spare with excitement at seeing my darling again! :cloud9:

Had a mw appointment today which was pretty pointless. My mw does all the things she needs to do technically, but am I wrong in expecting that she might ask me how I am or if I have any concerns. I went with a list of questions and I never got to ask any! Tried to squeeze a couple in as she ushered me out the door! :growlmad:
She also listened to Squiggle on her doppler and said "don't worry if I can't find anything at this stage" and I felt like saying "don't worry lady, I have been finding the HB for 7 weeks now!" She found it pretty quickly and it sounded beautiful as always but, I must say, my doppler is much clearer sound quality than hers! :smug:

horrible midwife imo my mw is wonderful and always asks how I am and if have any concerns

lovely bumps girls, uneventful here, just a boring life atm 2 more days till move!! x

GG - good luck for the move!!

2016 - thanks hun! fantastic bump slowly coming along! one of these days this month u just wait you will POP! so have you started to feel any movements yet? any butterflies / pop corn popping in your belly?? ohh gender scan only 5 days away! YAY.. i got a feeling its a boy for you. but not sure the girl vibes are coming too..

Hib- thanks! wow you got a awesome round bump!! Even I feel sometimes how on earth am I going to grow more... I guess we will see.. Im fine thanks, cant relate to heartburn, havnt had any FX.. try and avoid gassy food in your diet.. and have yoghurt! I am sure you are having lots of kicks and all.. how does it feel..

Claire - dont you starve that baby!! poor lil kiddo! breastpumps.. I am buying the Medela Manual breastpump.. becasue I am not working and I will only want to pump for that occasional time when I am out and about / too tired to wake up and hope to have a few bottles in the freezer/fridge so DH can feed.. I cannot justify spending those BIG bucks on a electric if I am not working..
Medela is the best out there in the manual / electric range.. so you cant go wrong with it.. I would spend the $200-$300 on them if I was working full time and was going to exclusively pump..

I would go on amazon.com and see the reviews of what people have to say about each pump..

I bought the tomee tipee breast pump for £39 reduced from £79 and the manual was £20 so i thought may as well just invest in an electric.

I'm not going to be working at all... One of my husbands friends just said she'd give me her breast pump... she coudn't breast feed... so we'll see what that one is.. but its certainly electric... eeks!

I PROMISE I'm not starving the baby :rofl: I eat A LOT... I just don't over eat! Like we don't keep junk food in the house... so if I want junk food I have to get up and go to the store and buy it! Plus I'm a big girl to start with lol

Gossipgirly..... Good luck with the move hun.... Hope it all goes smoothly.

Great bump pics Devi and Hibiscus! :)

2016.... Good luck for your gender scan..... I can't wait to hear whether you are having a boy or a girl! ;)

As for breast pumps, I bought an Avent manual one before the birth of my first child and although I got on extremely well with breastfeeding, expressing my milk was a different story and I made my nipples very sore on countless occasions just trying to get a couple of ounzes of milk out of them. I got myself very upset by it all as I was determined that my baby would not have any formula milk. However, it meant I couldn't leave him for long as I couldn't express enough milk to sustain him. Consequently he later refused to accept a bottle or formula milk once he decided he did not want my milk anymore and this caused more weeks of fretting until we cracked it. Second time around I was less fussy and gave a bottle of formula milk once a day from
when he was about a week old in the early evening when my milk production was at it's lowest and he was at his hungriest. This meant my DH could give him the bottle whilst I for my other boys ready for bed. My milk had a chance to recover so I could fill him up more before bedtime. So, I would recommend you source which breast pump you woul like to buy by reading reviews etc, but don't buy one until after your baby is born so that you can firstly see if you can manage to breastfeed and secondly are more aware of whether you can express breastmilk and how much you would be expressing. I definitely recommend introducing a bottle of either expressed breastmilk or formula after the first couple of weeks so that baby will happily accept a bottle as well as your breast. Also for sore, cracked nipples I really recommend the Lansinoh Nipple Cream
and the Lansinoh Disposable Breast pads seemed to me to be by far the best breast pads on the Market as they are not bulky and are super absorbent to avoid leakages on your clothes. Be flexible and then you will save yourself unnecessary stress and heartache when things don't go to plan.

Devi...I thought I had a couple of popcorn pops at the weekend but I am not sure. I was told I have an anterior placenta which would muffle any movements until probably gone 20 weeks :(. Squiggle would need to be in the right position to be able to kick above or below the placenta. At the weekend the pops were very low down so maybe just maybe it was her :shrug:
Wierd thing is, even if I can't be certain what I am feeling I definitely get the sense of sometimes there is activity and other times not so much.
Can't wait until Squiggle is kicking the crap outta me!

So I'm up at 6 in the morning AGAIN!!! This baby is an early riser! Everytime I don't eat a big dinner I'm up at 5-6am starving lol and last night we went out for mexican with some friends and It made my tummy a little upset... so I didn't eat a whole lot... but I still had 2 complete tacos!!! Which should have been enough... but I knew I was hungry before I went to bed but my poor tummy was on the brink of :sick: so I didn't eat anything and now here I am can't sleep a wink! So I had a giant bowl of cereal! and I'm thinking of adding some toast... and then going back to sleep hopefully lol

Thanks for all the breast pump advice! I'm really hoping to NOT have to buy one.. but we'll see. Its not so much that I have my heart set on breastfeeding... just my wallet! Bfing is free! I can't think of ANY reason that someone wouldn't bf if they could!!! Formula is so expencive! I'm not sure if that makes me a bad parent lol but if formula was free I don't think it would matter as much! I am however very happy with how good breastfeeding is for bubs! We are totally going to be natural parenting and not even on purpose!!!! I LOVE my cloth diapers... so I'm hoping I still love them when LO is here!!! And I LOVE baby wearing! Its so cute and convienient! and again I hope I still love that after lol. And I totally want to BF! Not big on the co-sleeping though :rofl: more because I'd be so scared to roll over onto bubs!!

OHHHH And we're thinking Payson for her little name! What do ya'll think?

Morning ladies!

Nesting kicked in yesterday, woke up wanting to clean, busted my butt around here for 12 hours! Kitchen clean, laundry done, including 4 loads of new baby clothes. I'm itching to do more cleaning today but this time I'm making a list of set things to do, I over did it yesterday and by the time I went to bed my back and hips were killing me.

10 weeks till Charlie's Birthday! Plenty of time to get it all done... I hope!

MM - the whole nesting thing hasnt kicked in for me yet.. but my apt is small so my weekly cleaning turns out to be like a major spring cleaning.. haha.. I plan to get the merrymaid service come in and super duper clean the place last week of august.. & also thinking of getting the carpet steam cleaned..

claire- when you get the pump from the friend make sure it has not been used & if it has you would want to get the replacement parts kit and replace the parts that came in contact with her bodily fluids..
lovely name (does it have a meaning?) - I know what you mean by early rising baby.. mine wakes up early too, kicking away to eternity.. haha.. oh but this morning I was up at 4am.. becasue lil baba decided to float up and make mummy uncomfortable and I couldnt breathe I tell you, so had to get up and walk around.. its so funny most of the time when I am super uncomfortable I moan in sleep and DH wakes up and asks what happened.. so I say its sore , baby is kicking .. then he says Oh thats all, go back to sleep & quit complaining.. haha.. men!

2016 - yup yup the pops are the baby!! yay!! even I was totally sure of the pops being baby only after 17 weeks.. and then by 20 weeks Dh could feel them too.. :cloud9: it will happen soon..

tink - thanks for the great pump info.. I already bought mine yesterday.. the medela harmony.. it was $30 (what a deal!) so not much money to go down the drain if it doesnt get used. i got the same nipple cream (i was at target & a NEW NEW mom with a 3 day old baby came up to me and said to buy that cream cuz it is much softer) & also to buy this:
https://www.amazon.com/NUK-Warm-Cool-Relief-Pack/dp/B002UXQRFM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1279034308&sr=8-2

so i did.. how nice of her.. & I also bought that very same nursing pads.. I am thinking in a month or so to switch to the washable ones though (because I am going to india and got no clue if the disposi are avalibale there)

how are your boys doing??

Hey Devi.... My boys are all great thanks for asking. Glad you got the Lansinoh products, they are great! I tried the washable breast pads but found I leaked through them within no time as I tended to leak breastmilk from the opposite side I was feeding from. Not everyone is the same though and you'll soon realise if you would be suited to the washable ones. They are cheaper in the long run. I've also heard rave reviews about Lilypadz which are reuseable silicone breast padz which adhere to your skin but I think they are reasonably expensive and only last about 2 to 3 weeks if used continuously. Also they are not well suited to those who leak quite a bit like I do. But they suit some people perfectly.

Clairenicole.... I love the name.... Where does it originate from?

2016.... Sounds like you may have felt squiggle. I have an alterior placenta this time and felt movements later than I did before but when I did feel something it was like a little butterfly and was very low down, beneath my placenta. You should feel it more regularly from now on.

Mommymichele..... I had a few days about a month ago where I also felt the need to nest badly and also overdid things and felt it later on in my pelvis and back. It feels like such a primal urge though doesn't it?! Like you just HAVE to do it!! Lol

I am starting to get to my irritable stage now and it generally goes on until after baby is born. My DH and the kids can't seem to do anything right some days. I lack energy to do things and it's been soooooooo hot and humidity the past month with no rain which hasn't helped at all as I don't do heat or humidity well at all! Today is still a bit humid but the rain has started a bit and I am hoping it will begin to clear the air.

Anyone started to think about birthing options yet? Anyone wanting a water birth, home birth, natural/active birth or wanting whatever drugs are offered?! Lol So many choices and such little time!!!

I had a water birth with my first which was very relaxing and consequently the only pain releif I had in labour was entinox (gas and air) and a tens machine before going into the birthing pool. With my second, I wanted another water birth but they told me my BMI was too high so I had to give birth on a hospital bed in a semi upright squatting position. Again with tens machine and just entinox. It was far more of an intense pain though and so this time I want another water birth as my BMI is much lower. I am hoping to get by on as little pain relief as possible so I am fully aware of what's happening to my body. I aim to use tens and entinox again and to have an active labour at a local birthing centre attached to the hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->