(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

This is where I differ from a lot of mom because I'm like a NO PAIN person!!! I want drugs and then I want more drugs and a drug cherry on top of a drug sundae :rofl: I'm actually aiming for a c-section... BUT if for some reason that doesn't happen I WANT DRUGS! And we'll do it inthe hospital! I seriously admire you ladies that do the natural birthings!!! But I've been there and done that and had no gas and no drugs and no nothing and I don't ever ever ever want to do that again!!! Bring on the pain relief!!!

Payson actually means nothing as far as I can tell :| I think its one of those made up names. We heard it on a tv show here (Make it or Break it) which is aimed at like 13 year olds... that my husband and I are shamelessly addicted too!!! and I've always like Peyton... but theres Peyton Manning (the QB for the Indianapolis Colts) and Justin doesn't want the confusion :shurg: But we do both like Payson!

hi ladies, well not long been back from hospital went to see my midwife for routine check up and old her i was still having headaches and had started to have dizzy spells and palpatations but i wasnt worried as that was normal pregnancy symtoms right? and her face changed and I got wrong for not seeing anyone sooner. She took my blood pressure and it was elivated and had +2 protien in my urine and that with the other symtoms and swollen ankles all indicated possible early signs of pre-eclampsia :( so she booked me into hospital and they just monitered my bp and got me to relax in a comfy chair, luckily it started to come down and was allowed home as it went bkn to within normal ranges. I have open access and have to go in if i feel at all light headed ect. They are puttin it down to stress, as dan has been telling me i am a very stressful person and need to learn to chill haha.. urine sent off to the lab but looks like a uti, i was worried for a moment there as im moving tomorrow and thought they might keep me in!

baby is fine tho, heard hb again on doppler :)

So that means I "officially" felt squiggle! :cloud9: Had some feelings today very hig up too! Think Squiggle was upset today because I was stung by a wasp (on my @ss) :haha:
Scared the scrap outta me because I had an anaphylactic shock reaction to a bee sting as a child so just stood there wondering if i was going to keel over and die in a few minutes after being stung. Luckily it was just bloomin painful (and still is)! Guess it is only bees not wasps that affect me....or maybe it was because the first time it was an African bee....or maybe I have just grown out of the allergy. :shrug:

Thanks for voting in my journal poll. Only 3.5 days to go!!!!!!!!! :wohoo:

Tink...I am hoping for a a water birth this time!!! Glad you had a good experience with it! I love the water! lol

Tink - i am going to try out the natural birth on a hospital bed thing.. if I cant handle the pain I want a epidural!!

2016 - owie! your poor bum! haha.. my bro was once stung by a african wasp on his butt too (this is when he was like 6 thou now he is 23) - he cried for hours

GG- oh no.. you poor thing.. you should take LOTS OF REST after the move.. take care of yourself otherwise this whole Pre-E thing is nasty; most of the time, if the levels are high they make you have the baby VERY VERY early.. Lots of rest for you..

I agree with Devi..... GG you need to rest as much as you can hun. Try some relaxation techniques and deep breathing..... It always helps me in times of stress. Imagine you are on a beautiful desserted beach somewhere warm and visualise yourself chillng out there and listening to the sound of the waves and the birds etc....... Massage helps too x

2016..... Poor you! Nasty wasp! Calomine lotion might help relieve the stinging and is safe to use. Hope it's not too sore when you sit down!!

I always find it interesting to see what other people's labour and birth wishes/plans are like..... Guess they are as diverse as we are as individuals. I hope it goes smoothly for us all and without complications.

Claire I think is going to be demanding that morphine pump, I know damn well I am. If I don't get it some one is going to get hurt and it's not going to be me.

Morning ladies!

Yes, nesting makes you ache at the end of the day but it's one of those primal instincts and there is no getting out of it. Feels wonderful waking up to a clean house!

nesting must not be one of my strong points because I'm not cleaning anything :| I do like a load of laundry a day... but other then that my house is kinda wrecked lol

I have a dr. appt in a half hour... so I'm just sitting here waiting :| Up so early for one little appt

Hi All-
Re: birthing options, I'm definitely not opposed to getting an epidural, but I'd prefer that there is no intervention unless absolutely medically necessary.

I'm reading the Hypnobirthing book (anyone else??) and the whole idea is that much of the pain associated with childbirth is fear-induced (or how about the large head coming out of your vagina?? haha). But, anyway, that does make some sense to me. She makes it sound so easy. I've always been scared ot eh idea of childbirth, but as the pregnancy progresses, I have less and less fear, mostly because I'm excited to meet baby and I want my body back! I've been reeaallly uncomfortable this past week. Back hurts, feet hurt, heartburn is out of control, etc.

I'm sure I will get a better idea of our birth plan once we do the classes next month, but I picture squatting or being in a tub, I think. Anything but flat on my back! That seems like it would be the worst for squeezing out a baby.

BTW, 2016--that's so exciting that you're feeling little taps from squiggle! I've been feeling kicks since 14-16 weeks, but they've gotten really strong this past couple weeks. I can see my stomach moving, which is bizarre!

TTYS!!

busy busy busy here!!!

Nesting, shopping local and ordering what else I need for Charlie online. Got almost everything we need, no hurry to get the rest yet. Am expecting all his cloth diapers, covers, and pack and play sometime next week. Kid is getting set up!

33 weeks!!

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/brainlesslittleaurora/ABCD0003-3.jpg

little aurora: love your bump!! You look great!

hibiscus: I've never heard of hypnobirthing but I should read about it, I'm terrible with pain. I think it's good that you know what you'd like but are also open to intervention if necessary. I feel like I'll probably end up getting an epidural again at some point but I'm hoping my labour will progress on its own this time and not take so long. Sorry you've been so uncomfortable. Great that you can see the baby move though, weird and amazing!

gg: hope you're doing well and are able to take it easy. Are you getting settled in your new house? I'm a bit behind in reading journals thanks to my dh's obsession with some online strategy game.

mommymichele: Sounds like you're really on the ball, hope I am as ambitious!!

clairenicole: I've never heard of the name Payson! Is your dr. on board with you having a c-section? I know you don't want to have the pain but if you get the epidural as early as they'll let you you should have a fun labour! I had a fantastic nap after I got mine.

I had my anatomy scan a week ago Tuesday, still a boy! and everything looks good, I have to go back in a few weeks for another ultrasound, the baby wouldn't turn so he could get a good picture of the heart but he doesn't think anything is wrong. Finally feeling regular movement!!! :yipee: I have an anterior placenta and wish they had of told me at my 16 wk ultrasound, I was so worried because I didn't feel the baby very often. We're pretty set on Daniel Stephen as our little guy's name. :) anyone else decided on names?

Nicole..... Glad all went well with your scan. Hope they get a good view of the heart when you go back. Lovely name by the way. :)

Littleaurora.... Beautiful bump hun!!!! I am so curious whether you are having a boy or girl. ;)

hibiscus...... I have a couple of hypnobirthing CDs which I am told can help to boost your self confidence about labour ans birth. I'm willing to give it a go! :)

gg....... Hope the move is going well hun. Try to rest as much as you can.

Mommymichele..... Glad you are feeling so good about being organised. I think I'm just about there now, apart from assembling Moses basket and packing my hospital bag! lol

I am starting to feel sooooooooo darn tired now! Can't seem to muster up the energy to do much! Need to get motivated!! lol

LOL!!!! I have all this stuff for Charlie.... and no where to put it. LOL I'm terrible. The whole lot has taken over my living room but I love looking at all of it, keeps me motivated.

Aurora, you look amazing! All bump/baby and your figure looks great!

Aurora you look amazing!!!
Tink I ditto the tired!!! I'm so tired all the time.. I just woke up and I'm tired...and I slept for a good 9 hours. My grandma is coming today and I can't even find the motovation to get up and wipe off the o****er! Luckily for me that means I haven't been cooking or doing much really... so the house isn't too bad!

Nicole- I've been dead set on a c-secction since I found out I was pregnant. My dr. doesn't love it but she said she was going to try to talk me out of it and if she couldn't then we'd do it... HOWEVER... shes doing an amazing job of talking me out of it and now I'm on the fence... she offered to induce me a week early so that we could plan for the birth (I have a lot of family but they are all 2 hours away) and she offered to give me a spinal tap with a button where when I hurt I just press and more pain meds are poured into my body :| idk about everyone else... but I like the thought of that. So MAYBE I'll change my mind... My first birthing experience was just sooooooo baddddddddd

In other news... I am on the low end of normal when it comes to my amount of amniotic fluid! Which no one is worried about apparently... and I guess it means I'm getting more ultra sounds then normal. I had another one day before yesterday and shes still a girl! YAY. And shes still the most camera shy baby ever!!!!!!!

thanks! I have put on some weight I have lovely love handles now! lol and an extra chin!! lol

I have been predicted a girl by a psychic! lol!!
Fingers cross eh?

aurora!! love the bump & the shirt!! realy nice..

hib - have heard to hypno birthing.. not trying it..

I have been busy busy helping out my super busy SIL with ordering things for my shower in 2 weeks! she is soo sweet asking me exactly how I want it & all.. & my really good friend who is co-hosting my shower just found out she is pregnant yesterday!! YAY!!! so happy for her..
too bad we are moving to India .. otherwise there would have been ALOT of baby friends for my lil Pandu already there is 1 seven month old, 2 two month olds, then Pandu comes in Sept & then one is due in Feb & other in March.. Lots of kiddo in our friend circle.. and the rest are ttc so sure to hear lots of good news soon..

Aurora...great bump and that top is very flattering!

Tink...I have joined some birthing classes which combine Preggo yoga, active labour training and hypno birthing techniques. They start in September and run for 6 weeks with 1.5 hours per weekly session. Can't wait to start! At the end there is a 2 session add-on which includes partners so they understand and can help with breathing etc. techniques. I am amazed but DH really wants to go! :happydance:

Nicole...yay for getting extra scans! That is a great name for a boy :thumbup:

Will catch up with the rest of you fab ladies later but I am knackered and must go to bed! Gender scan tomorrow!!!!!! :yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->