Team Baby for 2012 - over 35's

Missed you ladies, but I've been really busy! I attacked 2 HUGE japanese yews and fought hard to get them out of the ground! They ripped at my arms, but I managed to get them down to little bity numbs without drawing to much blood! LOL! Now I have a nice garden planted out in front that includes climbing roses, salvia, dwarf azaleas, geraniums, mums, and coneflowers. Can't wait to see them grow and spread during the summer months!

I've been temping, but not at consistent times. I thought it might go this way since my schedule is all over the place with OH bouncing back and forth on different shifts. I'll do my best to temp at the same time this week so I can grab some clue from my chart as whether or not I am ovulating.

Just a quick question or two, ok, maybe three! Is it better to chart the temp I get when I wake up or to subtract .05 from the temp if I wake up later? Anyone notice a huge difference in their chart if they changed their temps? Could this cause FF not to put crosshairs on my chart?

Any input would be appreciated!

Missed you ladies, but I've been really busy! I attacked 2 HUGE japanese yews and fought hard to get them out of the ground! They ripped at my arms, but I managed to get them down to little bity numbs without drawing to much blood! LOL! Now I have a nice garden planted out in front that includes climbing roses, salvia, dwarf azaleas, geraniums, mums, and coneflowers. Can't wait to see them grow and spread during the summer months!

I've been temping, but not at consistent times. I thought it might go this way since my schedule is all over the place with OH bouncing back and forth on different shifts. I'll do my best to temp at the same time this week so I can grab some clue from my chart as whether or not I am ovulating.

Just a quick question or two, ok, maybe three! Is it better to chart the temp I get when I wake up or to subtract .05 from the temp if I wake up later? Anyone notice a huge difference in their chart if they changed their temps? Could this cause FF not to put crosshairs on my chart?

I just use the same time for a block of sleep. I never adjust my temp.

Welcome Deb m,hi Graceface we missed u too,your garden sounds lovely,sorry I know nothing about the temps but wud love to know how to do it,maybe it's too late?am on cd4 xxx:hugs:

I dont adjust my temp either. Just the time. FF gives an open circle if its taken at a different time. As long as you still see a biphasic pattern, its all good.

Desperado167. Temping is easy. Use Fertilityfriend.com . It has easy step by step lessons.

I'm just studying the course on FF with DH's help as I have a mental block with charts and numbers :dohh: but it looks fairly ok to follow :)

And I'm sure the lovely ladies on here won't mind the odd question from me :thumbup:

Not all of it made sense to me, until I started temping. You can also send messages through 'charting support' if you need help.

Thanks so much, ladies. I will not change the temp then. Just heard that TCOYF said not to change and FF has you change it and I wanted your opinions.

Macwoolly, FF also has a PDF that goes into greater detail about charting that I found very helpful to go along with the chart course.

Well it's the dreaded 2WW for me now. :wacko: Had a lap and dye at CD 3. We've DTD every other day from CD13 to CD21 (I usually OV around day 17) and this is my last month of Clomid so I'm on tenter hooks. It all feels a bit last chance saloon as no help with OV from next month and then we look at starting IVF in July... Wouldn't it be perfect to get BFP now?! Tried to take a more relaxed approach this cycle and did no OPKs and have heard that Lap and Dye can sometimes promote fertility, so hoping this has helped this month. One way or another I WILL have a :baby: for 2012!
:hugs: xx

I love your PMA MumtooneTTC :dust: Keeping all crossed this is your BFP month :dust:

Well I have the worst AF cramps ever but AF still not started but I expect it by tomorrow. I'm taking the positives that a heavy AF which I expect this to be from the cramps means a good uterine lining which is positive for future months. And AF means a new cycle and another chance for a BFP :)

Loads of PMA and :dust: to all :dust:

Well it's the dreaded 2WW for me now. :wacko: Had a lap and dye at CD 3. We've DTD every other day from CD13 to CD21 (I usually OV around day 17) and this is my last month of Clomid so I'm on tenter hooks. It all feels a bit last chance saloon as no help with OV from next month and then we look at starting IVF in July... Wouldn't it be perfect to get BFP now?! Tried to take a more relaxed approach this cycle and did no OPKs and have heard that Lap and Dye can sometimes promote fertility, so hoping this has helped this month. One way or another I WILL have a :baby: for 2012!

:dust:[-o<:bfp:

Yes you will!
:dust:

I do adjust +\- . 05 for every 30 minutes, and I mark it as such. I do this because I experimented with my temps a few mornings and found this to be more accurate for up to a 1.5 hour differential. If I am more than 1.5 hours off my normal time, I mark my wake up temp and skip the graph line on that day.

Thanks so much, ladies. I will not change the temp then. Just heard that TCOYF said not to change and FF has you change it and I wanted your opinions.

Macwoolly, FF also has a PDF that goes into greater detail about charting that I found very helpful to go along with the chart course.

Sorry...I am so behind already!

No worries! I've missed so much of the conversation for several days I have no idea where to start!

What I decided to do was not change the temp if it was within an hour and a half, either way, of normal temp taking time. More than that then I will adjust, but only .05 and no more. I think more than that would leave more room for misinterpretation.

I like your idea of logging the temp, but not including it in the chart if waking is much, much later than normal. This week I'm going to be very careful to wake up around the same time so I can catch a nice dip and rise with ovulation whenever that may be! Funny how excited I am!

Oh, and OH asked me outright when was the best time to have a a DTD marathon and mark it on the calender! LOL! That's a nice change I tell you!:happydance:

Oh, and OH asked me outright when was the best time to have a a DTD marathon and mark it on the calender! LOL! That's a nice change I tell you!:happydance:

Mine likes it on the calendar, as well...which surprises me because it seems as if most men do not like that at all. He said he likes taking the guess-work out of wondering if / when he'll get lucky and it that it also helps him manage his time and energy level.

Mine likes it on the calendar, as well...which surprises me because it seems as if most men do not like that at all. He said he likes taking the guess-work out of wondering if / when he'll get lucky and it that it also helps him manage his time and energy level.

I too was afraid if I let him in on the time frame he would have trouble like so many stories I've read, but if the man says put it on the calender, then I'm definitely going to every month!

It's funny, but the other night we finished and he said that just HAD to be a good baby making session. So I had to inform the poor man that it wasn't the right time and do some explaining. Lordy, I thought he knew this stuff because his ex-wife was big into all the boards, hip propping, and the works with their first. I guess maybe she didn't get so technical with him.

Haha! It's certainly a mystery to me how these educated, intelligent men remain so clueless....Perhaps they are clinging to the 'ignorance is bliss' routine in order to keep the mystery and romance alive....If their ignorance is by design, then I can understand....

Haha! It's certainly a mystery to me how these educated, intelligent men remain so clueless....Perhaps they are clinging to the 'ignorance is bliss' routine in order to keep the mystery and romance alive....If their ignorance is by design, then I can understand....

All I can say is he has his masters degree and is an engineer. He's a leader and loves to be in charge. Maybe marking the calender is the best thing that could EVER happen on this journey!:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->