Team Baby for 2012 - over 35's

I don't have a chart to stalk I'm afraid.

What's the hook effect?

Grace....I've looked in my crystal ball and your DH will get the position!
Wooly....Where is your chart....I want to stalk, as well.
Grace & Wooly....Wish we could see photos! Grace, I can't believe you did all thar work yourself! I so admire people that can do those sorts of things! The most we've managed to do on our own is paint...and even then...we should have probably hired a professional...
Numan....wish we could all crash your BBQ....I would bring some lovely wine...
Herbie & Jil....Yay!!! More 2012 team members!
Ready....Glad to see your spirits back up....Fridays rock!
Wooly....When will the renovations end? Messy homes suck! You're doing great! I would probably be in the nut house by now. Hang in there! When will they finish?
Luv....your MIL is horrible...

What's the hook effect?

It's fairly easy to interpret, but it is a report for laboratory clinicians;

https://www.aacc.org/publications/clin_chem/podcast/Documents/072709Gronowski.pdf

Grace & Wooly....Wish we could see photos! Grace, I can't believe you did all thar work yourself! I so admire people that can do those sorts of things! The most we've managed to do on our own is paint...and even then...we should have probably hired a professional...
Wooly....When will the renovations end? Messy homes suck! You're doing great! I would probably be in the nut house by now. Hang in there! When will they finish?

You have a crystal ball??? Guuuuurrrl you better tell me what you see in my future too! :winkwink:

H a p p y M o t h e r s D a y !
https://www.deskwallpapers.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/flower2b.jpg

What's the hook effect?

https://www.aacc.org/publications/clin_chem/podcast/Documents/072709Gronowski.pdf

Goodness I have never heard of the hook effect before and thankfully I understood most of the report - thanks for finding it :thumbup:

My background was that I was a veterinary nurse and have done a degree in Animal Care so fairly good with reading veterinary journals and clinical reports :)

Thankfully I have a very understanding GP so if AF not here next week I will see the doc and ask for further investigations and an ultrasound to rule pregnancy out or in. Hopefully they'll agree to the ultrasound

If GP won't do it there is a place about 40 minutes drive which can do early pregnancy ultrasounds which is about £80 so DH has agreed we'll go there if necessary to get a definite answer on whether I am or am not pregnant.

What's the hook effect?

I was curious too so looked on line

"Essentially, it's when you've got to a point that your HcG is so high that it can show up as light or even negative on a HPT. I read somewhere that if you take one urine sample and test with one test with just urine, and another test, with the same sample, but then diluted with water, that the diluted one will be darker cause the HcG is lower "

"The "hook effect" can happen when the HCG level exceeds 1 000 000 IU/L, causing pregancy tests to come out as a false-negative. There is a 1 in 200 chance it will occur and usually hapens in very young women or women who are almost finnished their reproductive years. Basically the Dr. need to give an ultrasound to find out if the women is actually pregnant or dilute the blood or urine test to give a lower hcg level. "

Indigo, you are a gem! He sent me a text after and said he felt he aced the interview! He knew more about their equipment than they expected and had a ton of ideas that seemed to impress them. I do believe he will get this position as well!

Speaking of a crystal ball, I'm with LL on this one! LOL! Do tell! Or does that take all the fun out of the practice time?

Lovely pic Indigo :thumbup:

With the renovations DH and I got someone in for putting the staircase to the loft and fitting the floor as it has to meet building regulations but other than that we are doing most ourselves except plastering. DH is good with plumbing and electrics (he's a signalling & electrical engineer) but a close friend of his is an electrician so helps us loads in return for DH's help with anything computer related :) My grandfather was a painter & decorator and taught me all he knew before I turned 10 :)

What's the hook effect?

Goodness I have never heard of the hook effect before and thankfully I understood most of the report - thanks for finding it :thumbup:

My background was that I was a veterinary nurse and have done a degree in Animal Care so fairly good with reading veterinary journals and clinical reports :)

Thankfully I have a very understanding GP so if AF not here next week I will see the doc and ask for further investigations and an ultrasound to rule pregnancy out or in. Hopefully they'll agree to the ultrasound

If GP won't do it there is a place about 40 minutes drive which can do early pregnancy ultrasounds which is about £80 so DH has agreed we'll go there if necessary to get a definite answer on whether I am or am not pregnant.

I think investigating much more personal than just handing you a prescrip to start your AF. That is bolony to me, but i hear it said so often. Look first, then act, because there have been women who were told they were not preg or miscarrying who went on to have healthy babies...

What's the hook effect?

I was curious too so looked on line

"Essentially, it's when you've got to a point that your HcG is so high that it can show up as light or even negative on a HPT. I read somewhere that if you take one urine sample and test with one test with just urine, and another test, with the same sample, but then diluted with water, that the diluted one will be darker cause the HcG is lower "

"The "hook effect" can happen when the HCG level exceeds 1 000 000 IU/L, causing pregancy tests to come out as a false-negative. There is a 1 in 200 chance it will occur and usually hapens in very young women or women who are almost finnished their reproductive years. Basically the Dr. need to give an ultrasound to find out if the women is actually pregnant or dilute the blood or urine test to give a lower hcg level. "

Exactly the reason for my post. Although rare, it does happen.

Thankfully my GP is excellent in doing full investigations before just handing out the drugs :thumbup:

When I first registered with them, my GP refused to give me more antidepressants unless I did counselling as well. I had been given antidepressants for 16 years with no support and she pointed out that just giving out tablets doesn't solve depression. Thanks to her I've been off antidepressants for 9 months now :D

Hmm...let me look into my crystal ball...let's see....
A :blue: for Grace in April and a :pink: for LL in May...:baby::baby:

Idego, could you have a peek into that crystal ball for me too:haha:

Thankfully my GP is excellent in doing full investigations before just handing out the drugs :thumbup:

When I first registered with them, my GP refused to give me more antidepressants unless I did counselling as well. I had been given antidepressants for 16 years with no support and she pointed out that just giving out tablets doesn't solve depression. Thanks to her I've been off antidepressants for 9 months now :D

Oh, I love your GP. She knows her stuff! Statistically speaking, that is the gold standard when treat depression. One without the other is just silly. And congrats on the recovery! Been there, did both, and never looked back. I'm healthy and VERY happy for several years now. Even a "checkup" once a year to keep things in perspective is helpful.

Hmm...let me look into my crystal ball...let's see....
A :blue: for Grace in April and a :pink: for LL in May...:baby::baby:

I'm intrigued... Seriously, cause OH said last night in the middle of "fun" this will get us a boy! LOL! Not that relations from last night will pop a boy in April, but there are other rooms in the house where the deed has yet to be done, one of which is our new bedroom! LOL!

P.S. Sorry if TMI >.<

Grace - excellent that you have depression beaten into submission as well :thumbup:

Indigo what does the crystal ball show for me? :D Please say it's not covered in fur :laugh2:

Lovely pic Indigo :thumbup:

With the renovations DH and I got someone in for putting the staircase to the loft and fitting the floor as it has to meet building regulations but other than that we are doing most ourselves except plastering. DH is good with plumbing and electrics (he's a signalling & electrical engineer) but a close friend of his is an electrician so helps us loads in return for DH's help with anything computer related :) My grandfather was a painter & decorator and taught me all he knew before I turned 10 :)

I so envy those with such skill sets...I would love to have a historic home and bring it back to life. I love watching those decorating and renovating tv shows. Unfortunately, my DH and I can barely even paint a room...:(....My FIL is a true renaissance man....he can do it all....my DH takes after his mother, unfortunately. Sooo.....we end up buying new homes that only require a change of paint color and hardware and focus on decorating...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->