Team Tick Tock~35+ TTC~Racing to Beat the Clock!

this is a copy and paste from my journal just incase some of you follow there but its an update

I just got the results from my Quad screen. there is a 1 in 34 chance that my baby is Downs. He said my risk was "elevated"
Our choice now, is an amino now which can tell us for certain or wait till Jan after my anatomy scan and fetal echo and see if it changes my odds if so then we would still be given the option of an amino.
TBH the thought of an amino scares me.
But is it better to do it and know or just worry (which the doc said he didn't want me to do lol) I know God won't bring me to anything he won't see me through. I also know he only picks special people for special children.
I still hope that the baby doesn't have downs.
Anyhow I Am praying and dh and I are talking about the next step

I am praying for you as well. :hugs:

this is a copy and paste from my journal just incase some of you follow there but its an update

I just got the results from my Quad screen. there is a 1 in 34 chance that my baby is Downs. He said my risk was "elevated"
Our choice now, is an amino now which can tell us for certain or wait till Jan after my anatomy scan and fetal echo and see if it changes my odds if so then we would still be given the option of an amino.
TBH the thought of an amino scares me.
But is it better to do it and know or just worry (which the doc said he didn't want me to do lol) I know God won't bring me to anything he won't see me through. I also know he only picks special people for special children.
I still hope that the baby doesn't have downs.
Anyhow I Am praying and dh and I are talking about the next step

:hugs: I choose not to do any testing because I beleive the lord knows what he is doing.. I am praying for you:hugs:

thank you ladies. DH and I have talked about it Right now we have decided to wait on the ultrasounds we have decided we do want to know so we can be prepared.
I agree God knows what he is doing. But I also believe he gave me the possibility to know so that I can give this child the best life possible.
In the mean time, TRY not to worry lol easier said than done.
Thank you for the prayers.

I am glad you and DH made a decision and I feel God will take care of the rest. You will have in healthy baby and we will all be thanking God for him/her.:hugs:

How would you ladies feel about me starting a forum in the pregnancy section..

say.. TEAM TICK TOC 35 + GRADUATES ..

I feel so old on the other forums with the ladies complianing that 30 is coming up:dohh:

How would you ladies feel about me starting a forum in the pregnancy section..

say.. TEAM TICK TOC 35 + GRADUATES ..

I feel so old on the other forums with the ladies complianing that 30 is coming up:dohh:

I love it. Complianing about 30? OMG I almost 40. :haha: They would think I am a granny.

Ty Ready, I know it will all work out like its supppsed to!!

No problem. Just know we are praying for you.

I have started our own group in the pregnancy forums where we older can get together and share our journey

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-groups/801772-35-granduates-we-finally-did.html#post14029643

I think that's the link..

I have started our own group in the pregnancy forums where we older can get together and share our journey

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-groups/801772-35-granduates-we-finally-did.html#post14029643

I think that's the link..

Thanks.

Hi ladies! I was tickled pink to see all the chatter going on over here!

Sweet_Alida--Congrats, again, on your new addition. Where's the pics???

Future_Numan--I love how your pregnancy has defied the odds! This is God at work! I love it.

ready--I love your ultrasound pic!! It's great to get a sneak peek at the little ones!

flibbrtygibbt--I love your attitude about the Quad screen test. And my prediction is that your child will be healthy. Of course I can't say that for sure, and I do realize that we have a higher chance for a Down Syndrome baby, but I've had some experience with the false positive results that makes me less apt to accept the result. I used to counsel women (through the internet) who were considering abortion because of the Quad Screen results. Although the test is touted as having a 5% false positive result, I believe it much higher than that. Also, the 5% false positive rate is when the test is performed between 15-20 weeks gestation. At other times its false positive rate is higher. I was given a false positive with my first pregnancy and he did not have Downs. Anyway, be sure to keep us updated. :flower:

Now ladies, regarding the new thread for you graduates: as long as you promise to still post here, I'll allow it. :haha: I used to belong to a team that I loved dearly, but more and more of them became pregnant...so they made a pregnancy thread. And at first they'd still come to the old thread and check up with us slow-pokes. But they eventually stopped visiting the thread. It got down to just 2 non-pregger ladies....and with the others gone, it was over with. I've recently started posting on their graduate thread because many of them are TRYING TO CONCEIVE AGAIN. :blush: So it has become our new TTC thread. But anyway, I get your need for a pregnancy thread....but don't leave me here all ALONE!!!! Promise?

AFM--I had the day 21 test yesterday. I'm looking forward to hearing the results for that. And tomorrow, hubby will be having an SA done. I had to go through a lot of trouble to get the lab to agree to let us retrieve the sample through intercourse. I told them we had a special condom made specifically for this purpose...and at first they wouldn't budge. Eventually, they agreed to let us do it our way. Why do people have to be so difficult?? But at least I feel like we're making progress because we are taking some sort of action. Once we get the results we can make a plan of action. I am determined to get a BFP!!!

How are all of you doing? Where's LLbean run off to?

I want leave you!! :hugs: I know all to well how it feels to be left behind.

I totally agree with the Quad test be fales positive. My friend in the medical field told most often it comes back higher because you are over 35. I have another friend who is an nurse and they told her that her daughter was going to be downs but she is a healthy and prissy 10 year old.

Hey Ladies, I've not logged on to this site for over a month, how bad is that? I have a new tablet PC and don't tend to use my main one much and thats where I prefer to see this forum.

No update for me I'm afraid, still ttc, but still hopeful that it'll happen soon.

Hi TerriLou! :wave:

Are you going to test soon? Thanks for checking in. You should stop by more often. :haha:

Well ladies,

I got my Day 21 Progesterone result: 23. The nurse said that's really good. Hubby's SA result:

Sperm count: 91 million
Motility: 95%
Morphology: 20%

When my GYN gave me the results she said the morphology was "abnormal" and should be at least 30%. However, I'm finding different information online. In fact, depending on what website you visit, there are many different opinions from the medical community. This is soooo confusing! But it seems that even 14 and 15% are considered normal morphology. What do you ladies think?

So here I am, even after I was told that I had a "very good and strong ovulation", on CD4. I started Soy Isoflavones last night. Not sure if I should...as I don't want to mess up anything if it's all okay, but I feel desperate. I feel like I need to do SOMETHING.

How are the rest of you ladies? Did you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving? I hope so! I'm still living off the yummy leftovers. Pie for breakfast! Yum!

Hey Terri, good to hear from you.

Tae, I am not sure. Try not to worry about it to much. I will keep you in my prayers.

I would never leave you:hugs: I know what it feels like to be left behind:hugs:

Tae, :hugs:

I don't know if this can help but these are the numbers from DH test before the recommended IUI because they told us we would NEVER conceive on our own.

Sperm count: 7 million
Motility: 75%
Morphology: 30%

When we conceived Emily, we did IUI 2x and the count with the first was 7.2 mill. and 40,000 with the 2nd 24 hrs later.. plus with the help of fertility drugs we had 7 large follicals... which was conceivd Emily..

This time we did it all on our own ..

I don't have alot of faith with their numbers..

I would never leave you:hugs: I know what it feels like to be left behind:hugs:

Tae, :hugs:

I don't know if this can help but these are the numbers from DH test before the recommended IUI because they told us we would NEVER conceive on our own.

Sperm count: 7 million
Motility: 75%
Morphology: 30%

When we conceived Emily, we did IUI 2x and the count with the first was 7.2 mill. and 40,000 with the 2nd 24 hrs later.. plus with the help of fertility drugs we had 7 large follicals... which was conceivd Emily..

This time we did it all on our own ..

I don't have alot of faith with their numbers..

future_neuman--Thanks for the encouragement and info! How's the pregnancy going? I see you have a gender scan in 5 days. I hope you'll jump on here and let us know the news!!

I hope the rest of you ladies are doing well! :flower:

Hi TerriLou! :wave:

Are you going to test soon? Thanks for checking in. You should stop by more often. :haha:

Well ladies,

I got my Day 21 Progesterone result: 23. The nurse said that's really good. Hubby's SA result:

Sperm count: 91 million
Motility: 95%
Morphology: 20%

When my GYN gave me the results she said the morphology was "abnormal" and should be at least 30%. However, I'm finding different information online. In fact, depending on what website you visit, there are many different opinions from the medical community. This is soooo confusing! But it seems that even 14 and 15% are considered normal morphology. What do you ladies think?

So here I am, even after I was told that I had a "very good and strong ovulation", on CD4. I started Soy Isoflavones last night. Not sure if I should...as I don't want to mess up anything if it's all okay, but I feel desperate. I feel like I need to do SOMETHING.

How are the rest of you ladies? Did you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving? I hope so! I'm still living off the yummy leftovers. Pie for breakfast! Yum!

Hey, I'll be testing on 11th December. I o'd on cd30, then at 5dpo, had a big temp drop, then this morning it went way up again. I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but hey, I can't help it.

Its great to see how many pregnancies there are on this board, it really does give encouragement to the rest of us. Good luck with all your pregnancies and births as well as to those TTC.

I'll try to get back on here more often, I think I had become a bit disheartened after the MC, but that was 5 months ago, so need to try to get more positive.

Terri,

Trust me I truly understand needing a break. But I am glad you are back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->