• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Team Yellow Buddies ***18 boys / 16 girls

Hello Ladies!

Happy to hear from you Widger :hugs:

Exciting news Cat...give Emma bug hugs from me.
Anjy is also a chatterbox and she's got some attitude- throws a fit when woken up or when she needs attention and we keep ignoring her-lol
She loves Kiddie TV Shows and we try to keep up with out 30 min/day reading time.

She is 3 months too!! Wow...time flies. Going for our 3 month check in a few days. Would love to get her stats and she how much she's grown.

Anjy loves TV? I wish Emma was interested. The only thing she's really interested in is me, lol! She has a very short attention span for anything else!
Got to go now, baby crying!

Hey ladies
Hope the summer was good and you're looking forward to winter and dressing up bubs in silly xmas outfits

Max is starting to wean which is an interesting process to say the least

And on cue he's just woken up
Will be back on later to update more
xx

I'm looking forward to halloween outfits Chele :haha:

Oh weaning...... god, have not read up on a thing about that and soon enough it will be my turn.

I do have an issue at the moment. Daniel will not take formula at all. Now I'm breastfeeding so technically not a problem but what do I do when I need to move on? Arrghhh stress!!

He also loves the tv Nessah. He found it by chance when my friend was showing me a baby einstein DVD :haha:

Chele - What a great profile pic xx

Widger- I babysat my niece and tried giving her formula for the first time, it was a nightmare, and I had her for 12 hours! She would not eat at all. It took her about a week to get used to it, so I'd advise starting to try before you *need* to. It might be better if someone else tries to give him formula at first. Maybe try regularly, even if he just takes a few sips, he might get used to the taste.
Good luck!
Starting to think about how we plan to wean, but haven't made any decisions yet. Don't think Emma is anywhere near ready. She is getting so big though, and is so cute with her blonde hair and massive blue eyes. Looks nothing like her mother!

Cat
xxx

Hello Ladies!!

Anjy just got her 4 month shots today, and she did great. She's watching Zaboomafoo right now on TV-lol

Widger, Anjy is the same. the past month she'd started to spit up her formula or just ends up playing with the feeding bottle nipple. Of course, I'm the one hurting after nursing 24/7. I do try to get at least one bottle feed in, and if I'm lucky, I'd get two feeds in.

I'm sure everyone is doing great with their little ones!

Hugs from Anjy and myself! :hugs:

Cat- hehehe.... my girl also looks nothing like me,,, she is daddy's girl.
Not to worry, babies change all the time :)

Hi ladies haven't posted here for ages, hope you and your babies are all well. Jessica is now nearly 4 and a half months old and we are going to be thinking about starting her on solids next month, so far she is fine on just milk and gaining weight well, she is 14lb 1oz now and on the 50th centile. She is still sleeping through the night for 12 hours without a wake up, I am loving it. Like some of you others said about your LOs, she is changing loads, I have really dark hair but her hair is coming through dark blonde - my husband has blonde hair so that'd be why! I am not quite sure what colour her eyes are, they are kind of non descript, still kind of blue-ish but I really cannot think of a colour to describe them. I guess they are mid colour change or something.

anyway my little miss is just waking up from her nap so I am going to get her out of bed, feed her and then off shopping! speak soon ladies xxx

Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA here! I can't believe all your little babies are 3 months plus now, it doesn't seem that long ago we were all pregnant!

Flora is on solids now and its mostly going well but she's a little constipated, boy the poos just change overnight its so weird! Anyway she eats reasonably well but some things she will flat out refuse to open her mouth for. I am also letting her have some finger foods and she really likes feeding herself, although not much goes down that way just yet.

We've been a bit up and down with sleep, the only consistent thing is the inconsistency! She's never done 12 hours. She's done 10 but only like 3 or 4 times and not for a while. She's sitting up well now and really banging things arounds and stuff, and I don't know when she'll crawl but she making some hints that it wont be too long. She does look a bit like me but everyone who meets her says a different thing. She has blonde hair (not much of it!) and bright blue eyes. Her ears stick out a bit too bless her!

Here's a couple of piccys, I can't help but share because I have hundreds on my laptop!

xxx Hope you're all well ladies.

DSC_0408.jpg

DSC_0454.jpg

DSC_0492.jpg

Flora's gorgeous, beautiful eyes!

Ellie's a little over 5 months now and her sleep (day and night) has gone potty. I'm knackered! So I'm implementing a naptime routine today (similar to bedtime but without the bath) and hoping that will work. So far she's had 20 minutes sleep and is still upstairs with me popping up whenever she gets a bit ratty to calm her down and then put her back in her cot. I'm hoping she'll learn that she doesn't get brought downstairs straight away when she wakes and that she'll just think "oh well, I may as well sleep!". I can dream anyway.

Some photos from yesterday of her having some porridge!
https://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/rachelwestlake/37130_10150301021510537_750200536_15108709_2422220_n.jpg
https://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/rachelwestlake/39515_10150301021770537_750200536_15108719_4547877_n.jpg
https://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/rachelwestlake/72094_10150301022205537_750200536_15108737_8335071_n.jpg

Greenlady and Mrsraggle, you sure have pretty babies! Will update with a piccie of Emma soon, she is getting bigger now.
Solids scare me. Emma just seems so little! The change in poo doesn't sound pleasant. Anyway, got another 2 months to worry about that, although time goes so quickly, doesn't it?
Emma is an appalling sleeper. Terrible. We are still co sleeping, although will be putting her in a cot in a months time.
On another note, next week Emma and I are off to the UK to visit my family! Can't wait, although I am nervous about the plane trip.
I meant to write more, but Emma is awake and fussing now, so will finish later!

Cat
xxx

Oh wow Cat, that's going to be one long journey. But she's at a great age for flying. How long are you over for?

Cute photos posted recently.

Weaning is interesting Cat. Unfortunately it's something that has to be done or I'd have given up and just stuck to milk :rofl:. We're getting there and Max is finally making progress and can now eat a whole Petits Filous yoghurt which we would never have seen a week ago. His coordination is amazing now and he gets his toast in his mouth now straight away. He hates pittas and scotch pancakes but loves toast, crumpets, carrots, stuffing, rice cakes, yoghurts, pretty much anything sweeter in taste -haha like mummy!

Hi!

Well, the little holiday was fantastic. Visited all of my family, my sister got to meet Emma for the first time, and overall, it just made me appreciate my girl even more. She is incredible, changing so fast. At the moment, she is going through a shrieking phase- any time she is excited. It is the cutest thing! And when she is whinging, it so sounds like she is saying "Mum..." almost as if she is asking me to rescue her from whoever is annoying her at that moment. Loving it!
My Grandparents live in north London (Watford) and in Bury St Edmunds, so Emma has travelled a little bit of the country now. We also squeezed in a mini break to Rome, and I completely recommend going to Italy with a baby- I got so many compliments, nearly everyone would stop to say how beautiful Emma was.
She is 5 months old now, can't believe how fast it has gone! Haven't started weaning yet- still something that intimidates me! Will ask the health nurse about it tomorrow, not real sure how I want to do weaning. If it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't even have known there were options.
Is anyone still breastfeeding after 6 months? I think Emma is getting teeth, and I'm worried that will change things. I've heard it can hurt them to feed- is this right? I'm hoping to continue breastfeeding a little while longer.
Anyhow, I'm writing this while severely jetlagged, hope it makes sense. I've attached my favourite picture of Emma as well.
Hope everyone and their babies are well!

Cat
xxx

Attachments

• rome.jpg
    rome.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1
Cat - glad you had a nice time! I'd love to go to Rome. Our next trip is back home to Oz for xmas so no spare money (or time!) for mini breaks unfortunately. So excited about seeing my family as well. Cute pic of Emma in Rome!

I am BFing still, but Flora hasn't got any teeth, so I can't help on that one. She is very distractable so she doesn't feed very well sometimes, and I'm not sure how much she's getting in the day but I think she's still a healthy weight and I'm happy to keep BFing for a while longer too, probably at least till she's 1, by then she'll probably only be taking morning and bedtime milk anyway. But yeah, still waiting for teeth over here...

How are other team yellowers? Its been a while... Flora has a rotten cold at the moment poor little pickle, and I keep thinking she's teething but who knows. Also waiting for crawling and moment antics to start soon, but actually enjoying the fact that I don't have to chase her around just yet!

Look forward to hearing everyone's news x

Eloïse has had the same horrid cold. She's had it since Tuesday and it's still not cleared up today. I had it for about 24 hours! Poor mite.

Eloïse sounds just like Flora, greenlady, very easily distracted during feeds and takes very little milk each day. However, she gains weight as the HV's expect.

Cat, I love how you just popped over to Rome whilst here! Somewhere I've always wanted to go. Cute photo.

We're doing good. Tonight, Ellie had settled herself off to sleep for the FIRST TIME EVER. I'm ecstatic!

just had the worst night ever. jet lag is bad!! Started trying to get Emma to sleep at 10, finally asleep (in my arms!) at 4am. She has never slept in her cot, and I'm starting to lose hope that she ever will. We have always coslept, and trying to get her out of it will be a nightmare! Any tips?
Also- you should all go to Rome. Best city I have visited.
Greenlady- good luck with the flight, just feed on take off and landing, and try to get a skycot. We flew qantas, and they were fantastic.

Hello Team Yellow Ladies!

Hope everyone is great.
Cat- sounds like you had a great vacation :)

Anjy is doing great. I will post some pics later. She is still BFing and eating 12oz of formula a day. Thinking of starting weaning after 6 months.
She is also teething, so I need to make sure she's off of me before those teeth grow in.
So blessed to have her sleeping through the night- she has been doing this since she hit 3 months!!! Yay!

She take a 30 min naps during the day, usually 3 times a day. This gives me enough time to fix a meal or just nap myself. Otherwise, she wants to be the center of attention. I usually have her lay on her activity gym and watch a couple of TV shows if I need more time to do work or browse the web (like now- lol).

She has been a good baby. The only problem is she is a mama's girl. Unless it's her dad, I can't seem to leave her with other people for more than 30 mins. She starts crying for mama :( :(

Hugs to everyone!!

Oh! Chele, Greenlady & Cat! We have the cold too! grrrrghhhhh!! urrgh!

Poor Anjy is doing well now. Had to keep rubbing balm on her chest and putting saline drops in her nose to keep the nose running. Good thing tho' is she never kept me up at night, even with the cold. She'd sleep through the night and maybe wake up once or twice if she had problem breathing :(

I hate cold!

Anyone gonna get the flu shot? I got mine and Anjy's getting hers next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->