• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Team Yellow Buddies ***18 boys / 16 girls

Cut baby girls cat and greenlady!

It's getting easier and harder at the same time... easier because she sleeps so much better, will self settle now, drinks more milk etc but harder because I'm struggling to entertain now she's awake so much!

We play on her playgym, sing, dance, read books - twice a week we go to clubs and once a week we see my brothers. I'm struggling to keep her entertained without completely boring myself!!

Mrs Raggle - that picture is hilarious :haha: It doesn't seem that long ago that we were anticipating your little ones arrival.... albeit a little late :haha:

Chele - Did you try and message me? i've deleted messages.

Yeah I was sending out a group email to all of you about moving the thread but it wouldn't send to you as your inbox is full. But you've found it so all is ok

I completely agree with Mrsraggle. Sometimes I feel like a performing clown.
The best thing for us is baby club as Max is mesmerised by other people. He's such a nosey parker.

Loving the photos ladies. Here's a few recent ones of my cherub on holiday last week
https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk232/chele80/Max/IMG_0606.jpg
https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk232/chele80/Max/IMG_0590.jpg
https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk232/chele80/Max/IMG_0596.jpg

And a video too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBK0RWAmEts

Haha Chele love the video! that's really cute. And sweet pics I'm jealous that you can feed him while you're in the pool that's excellent. Flora is a nosy parker too - I have started baby massage and she just was gazing around at all the other babies it was so cute.

very cute pics, I'll have to download some more of Emma, I love showing her off! She's starting to smile a lot now, and has a bit of a personality. She's sleeping really well, and will take a bottle of EBM, so I would definitely say things are getting easier! At the moment she is ridiculously easy to entertain- wonder how long that will last!

How is everyone? I've been down today- got an infection in my stitches, so lots of pain. Honestly, no matter how hard I try not to, I am taking my frustration out on Emma, and that makes me feel worse. I feel trapped in this cycle, and am hoping that some sleep will help!

Hi ladies, I've just logged on - haven't been online for a while. Its great our team yellow thread is now a group! :happydance: Thanks Chele. :flower: Jessica and I are doing well. She is 9 weeks and 4 days old, time going fast! I would be interested to hear how any of you ladies get/got your babies into some form of sleep routine. Jessica is awake usually till 10.30pm at night :wacko:, and usually wakes up anytime between 4.30am and 6.30am for a bottle, she will then go back down (self settling which I am very pleased with) for another few hours. I want her to go to bed earlier as to me it doesn't seem right that a baby her age is awake that late. Any ideas how I can go about it????

Your babies are all gorgeous. I love the photos. I need to upload some of Jessica at some point, she's changing so much from when she was a teeny newborn! Cat, hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Hi all! Cat 0 sorry about you infection and feeling down. Its a serious rollercoaster this motherhood thing! I hope you're feeling OK now? Don't worry about getting upset with LO, I have to sometimes remind myself that its not her fault, she's not doing it on purpose...

Sparkledust! Hello, can't believe Jessica is already 9 weeks old! Yes please post pics!!
As for bedtime, does she have a late nap i.e. 7/8 ish? If she does, where does she have it? If you start doing that nap in the bedroom/nursery with curtains drawn, soft light and add in like singing or a story or something, she might get the idea that you mean business and its bed time. I did this from early on when I realised F was having a long nap in the evening. I also added in a bath to the routine before bed time so she kind of knows the jig now. Dunno if that helps but persistence is key really!

Good luck and remember to bring pics with you next time OK?? xx

Turns out that my episiotomy isn't healed, I've been given some antibiotics to take, and will probably have to be restitched. :cry: So depressed, I feel like I still have a never ending road ahead of me until I get back to myself again.

Hi ladies, Cat not good about your stitches not being healed properly. I'm not surprised that you feel lousy. Big hugs to you :hugs::hugs: Things will get better, I am sorry you feel so bad. :-( How are you today though?

Greenlady - wow looking at your avatar, hasn't Flora changed! She is like a proper little person. Can't believe how much babies change in the early stages, its amazing. She is lovely!

We have started trying to get a bath into Jessica's night time routine, she has her bath every night at about 8-8.30pm, we then give her a bottle and put her to bed. This has worked for the last 2 nights :happydance: She lays awake for a while, we can hear her cooing on the monitor, but she has been asleep by about 9-9.30pm. My husband then gave her a dreamfeed when he came to bed, so she has slept right through till morning the past couple of nights. Its great. The problem I have with her is that she doesn't tend to nap in the day really :wacko: so she is awake all day. She has a couple of cat naps, lasting up to about half an hour but apart from that she's awake. She'll have a few days of this, then she'll have a sleepy day, where she sleeps for hours. I try to keep her entertained when she's awake, we go to a baby group, I take her for walks, I talk to her, sing to her and dance with her. I sometimes lay her on her play mat so she can look at all the dangly things. Having said that about her being awake, she has just conked out on my bed! Have attached a photo I just took, bless her!

Attachments

• P1010791 (2).jpg
    P1010791 (2).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 5
Aww Jessica's gorgeous. Ellie's the same with her napping really. She has a good nap in the mornings but then we're lucky if she gets 20 minutes in an afternoon. She has a sleepy day twice a week too.

Hi all
Sorry been MIA again, our internet is playing up. God I can't wait to get proper connection when we move
Yes we're moving again. Jeez feels weird to say that, we only moved in 7 or so weeks ago. It's gone so quickly. We're hoping to complete end of August and move in once I've done a bit of work on the decorating - the hall has anaglypta and it's hoooorrrrible. So got to work out how to get that off successfully.

Cat - hope you heal soon, total bummer but I hope it all gets sorted. Then you can begin to move on as well. My stitch nightmate (although CS and not episiotomy) went on for 13 weeks so it's nice to finally feel normal in that respect.

Sparkledust - we only got into a routine with Max from about 10 weeks old. Bath,bottle and bed is key to us and as soon as we started doing that, everything changed and became a lot easier and a lot more relaxed.

Max has come on in leaps and bounds recently and finally laughed properly for the first time today (and not just in his sleep which he's done since he was 14 weeks old :rofl:)
I'm missing all the baby clubs though due to summer shut down. bleugh. But finding loads of other stuff to do so far.

Ah how cute Max laughing. Can't wait for Jessica to do that! Hope everything proceeds quickly with your move Chele!

Well we started a bath, bottle, bed routine with Jessica, she is bathed at about 8.30, given a bottle, and then put into her moses basket,sometimes wide awake. She will fall asleep on her own and it means me and hubby get our evening, well from about 9.15pm onwards! :happydance: We had three great nights of this, with us giving her a dream feed at about 10.30pm-11pm and she would sleep through and wake at about 6am. Well its all gone tits up these past three nights, with her waking up at around 3am wanting a bottle, which we give her, she then goes down for a few more hours and wakes up about half six. She is spending a lot of the day asleep also, which is unlike her. :shrug: She is waking up every so often and having 'snack feeds' of a few oz, when usually she is taking about 5oz every three hours, she will then sleep again. She woke up at 6.50am today, I got her up, dressed, gave her a 5oz bottle, I took her to a baby group at 9am which she fell asleep at, she stayed asleep till midday, she awoke, drunk a few oz of milk, went to sleep again, woke up about half an hour ago, has drunk a small amount of milk and now she's gone back to zzzzzzz. I am completely confused. I am absolutely exhausted as I have planned busy days for us both, as she likes to be kept occupied. She is like a different baby. Anyway I may try and get some shut eye as you can guarantee I will be awake tonight when madam decides she is hungry xx

take care ladies xx

Aw hun, if she's like Max she'll just keep you guessing. Even now at 4 months Max can still wake at any time during the night. Normally he goes 11 hours straight 6 days a week, but on the 7th day he can wake any time from 1am. But it's not for food though so that's what's confusing me

Hello EVERYONE!!

Sorry, I have been MIA.
Where do I start? I've basically had family over ever since we got home from the hospital. Now my mom is around and things are less chaotic! Phew!

Anjy is growing! She got her first set of shots on Tuesday and she didn't even cry much. She slept the entire day and was cranky for a few hours.
So much to share :)
Will try and catch up with the thread first! :coffee:

So great to be back :happydance:
How is everyone doing? Chele, Sparkledust, Catfromus, MrsRaggle, Widger, Kerrie, Greenlady? :hugs:

Hi to all the ladies I have not gotten to know yet :)

Hey nesSAH! Glad you're well and things are a little less hectic now.

Me and Ellie are fine. Just toddling along and letting her grow up! She touched and grabbed her little toes yesterday which was lovely - the things we get weepy over eh!

Would love to see a recent picture of Anjy!!

Hi all,

Well, things aren't going any better with me- stitches are still a mess. They don't want to restitch because of the risk of infection, so it is pretty much just wait and see if they heal themselves. It is so frustrating, I just want to feel like myself again!

Emma is doing so well, 4kg now :) She's growing out of her newborn clothes, and I'm really enjoying my time with her, she's more alert and awake. You still have to work real hard to get a smile out of her, but it is so worth it!

We don't have a routine, she sleeps when she wants to sleep, but I'm not tired at all, she usually does at least one 4 hour stretch at night, which is great :) she likes to be held though, and during the day, she'll sleep in her swing, but if she is really tired she won't let me put her down. Makes for some fun days, when DH comes home and has no idea what I do with all my 'free' time!

Hi All

Cat so sorry to hear you're still having problems with the stitches. Make sure you take it easy - don't do too much while they're healing. Good excuse to get your OH running around after you! And yay for 4kg - how much was she when she was born again? I know what you mean - the guys think that its all just time at home doing nothing but when LO wants to be held ALL the time you can't get a thing else done.

Flora is now 5.88 kgs well she was on Wednesday so she's probably tipped over 13lbs now. She has very nearly doubled her birthweight!. I have had to buy some 3-6 month stuff, esp sleepsuits because the legs are too short on the 0-3 although she still fits 0-3 in the body mostly.

We have a bedtime routine and the day roughly pans out in a similar fashion but not really through any specific plan of my own. She's sleeping from 7 until somewhere between 3 and 5 most nights, which is really good, then is squawking in her cot around 6:30 for the day to begin. She's normally back down for a nap by 8:30 anyway! So its all going good and every day she's doing new things and its amazing watching her grow.

Here she is on her bumbo :cloud9::
DSC_0273.jpg

ETA: Hi Nessah! Please add some pics of Anjy we haven't seen her in ages
x

Hey nesSAH! Glad you're well and things are a little less hectic now.

Me and Ellie are fine. Just toddling along and letting her grow up! She touched and grabbed her little toes yesterday which was lovely - the things we get weepy over eh!

Would love to see a recent picture of Anjy!!

Hello Mrsraggle!
Sounds like Ellie is growing fast! She is gorgeous.
Aww...did u take a pic of her grabbing her toes? I would totally weep over that :hugs:

She's changing her pattern everyday. She's been acting sleepy since 9 p.m and crying, wanting you to rock her. Right now, she's been laying in her cot/bassinet cooing and fighting sleep. It's now almost 12 a.m.

Dear Cat!
Sorry to hear about the slow healing. I can relate! I also suffered from a bad stitch. I busted an external stitch and it's was so painful. For weeks, I could not sit, and using the loo hurt soooooooooo bad.

My 6 week appointment was painful :cry: My doc put something on the stitch to make it heal faster- but it HURT LIKE HELL! It only took a few weeks and I'm now back to normal, as if nothing happened.

Greenlady!
WOw! Flora is adorable and beautiful! She's sitting all by HERSELF? wow! great job mama!!
Glad to hear everyone is doing well! So awesome to see pictures too!
----------------------

So, my lil' ANJY is growing. And she was just a tiny 2.7 Kg (6lbs 1oz) at birth. I need to compare notes with you ladies.

At 1 month, she was 4.4 Kg (9lbs 13oz)
She is now 5.5 Kg (12lbs 3oz) at 9 weeks :haha: Is this normal? My sister thinks she's a bit too huge for her age:haha:She's also grown about 9 cm since birth!

We do have a bedtime routine down: 8 p.m bath/ breastfeeding at 1 hour intervals and then feed her formula before finally knocking her out at 10 pm. She still wakes up around 12/1 am for another bottle feed which usually keeps her down till 5a.m. Then it's back to bfing.

We are keeping her on formula 3 bottles/day, especially if we are out.
Day time is just feeding, feeding, feeding, short naps....she does wear me out tho' :dohh:

She started smiling at 5 weeks!!! I've got the pics but it won't upload! :(
She definitely has her days when no routine works (like tonight)... She didn't go down at 10 pm. She just did now and it's almost 12:30 am.

So far, we are enjoying her and learning as we go. Still getting used to her crying--can't stand it, it always makes me worry :( But, they say, babies cry all time!

She loves been held and is also getting used to her swing, esp. during the day when she plays by her self.
So great to see her entertain herself. Helps when I need to use the loo or even take a quick shower or fix a meal! :happydance:

Here's a picture from last week :)

Attachments

• SDC1117j0.jpg
    SDC1117j0.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00p036.jpg
    DSC00p036.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 9
Flora is now 5.88 kgs well she was on Wednesday so she's probably tipped over 13lbs now. She has very nearly doubled her birthweight!. I have had to buy some 3-6 month stuff, esp sleepsuits because the legs are too short on the 0-3 although she still fits 0-3 in the body mostly.

ETA: Hi Nessah! Please add some pics of Anjy we haven't seen her in ages
x

adorable!!! Can't get over her :)

My Anjy is already doubled her weight at 2 months :haha:
Can you share Flora's weight gain chart with me? Esp. at 1, 2 and 3 months.
Anjy was 6lbs 1oz at birth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"