• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Team Yellow Buddies ***18 boys / 16 girls

Hi ladies. OMG Nessah - Anjy is too cute! She is gaining weight nicely isn't she? Jessica was 9lb 9oz at around one month, and 11lb 11oz at about 2 months.

Greenlady, how cute is Flora in her bumbo. Love it.

cat - hope you feel better soon. :hugs: I had stitches because I had a second degree tear when I had Jessica, but luckily they healed really well. I had to work really hard to get Jessica to smile at first but as she gets older it gets easier and easier. Now I am greeted with a huge beam every morning and loads throughout the day, it melts my heart. I love it because her eyes seem to 'smile' as well.

We seem to be getting Jessica in some form of 'routine' at night. She goes to bed around 7.30pm, after having her nightly bath and her bottle. She is then dreamfed around 10.30pm-11pm and then will wake again at 5am for another bottle. After that she will sleep for a couple more hours then she's up for the day, with maybe 2 naps. We are getting there!

I have attached a recent pic I took of Jessica as a few of you ladies are sharing your babies...

Attachments

• P1010839 (2).jpg
    P1010839 (2).jpg
    30 KB · Views: 5
Awww all the babies are sooooooooo cute.

I wouldn't worry about the weight Nessah. Max doubled his at 12 weeks but was only ickle when he was born. Don't worry about it, each baby is really different. I have no idea what Max is now. Hoping to get him weighed tomorrow - am guessing 15lbs 2oz at least.

He's a photo we had taken of my little man. I adore this photo so much.
https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk232/chele80/Max/proffphoto.jpg
He's doing well, changing every day. I love him soooo much

All the babies are so cute! Here's Emma again too :)
I'm still not healed. Trying not to let it get me down, I love being with Emma, and she is all worth it!

Attachments

• P1010331.jpg
    P1010331.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 4
  • P1010324.jpg
    P1010324.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 4
Aww Cat how cute is she? Lovely!!
And Chele wow Max has really grown! Sweet photo and love his hat!
Sparkle - Jessica is lovely too and it sounds like you have a very nice routine too!
Nessah! Anjy is truly edible, as Chele said don't worry about the weight all babies are different. Flora was 6lbs 10 at birth and went down to 6lbs 2, it took her 2 weeks to put that weight back on. SHe was then placed on teh 25th percentile and has followed the line pretty much bang on ever since. Do you have the percentile line chart? As far as I was told, they don't start the 'percentile' until the baby is back up to birthweight, and I think they start plotting the line at 2 weeks? but if Anjy never lost weight and gained loads in the first 2 weeks then she would have jumped up to a higher percentile that she would have been at birth, and she's now probably following that line correctly. Its not uncommon for them to change percentiles I don't think as long as its not too major. Sounds like she's just growing really well!!

Flora's 'routine' is no more - she is up several times a night again and feeding constantly. I think it is a 4-month growth spurt/sleep regression phase which I keep reading about. LOADS of fun it is too. But despite it all I don't feel too knackered. I am even going to work tomorrow for a half day 'keep in touch' day. Scary!

Cat - fingers crossed you heal soon hun.
xxxx

How was your keep in touch day GL?

I need to hand my notice in. I've got until the end of the month to do it before I have to give 3 months notice but just don't know when to hand it in.

Max is still doing well. He had 4 dodgy nights this week but has been better the past two so am hoping his 4 month growth spurt is over.

You'll heal soon Cat, fingers crossed!
x

It was fine just sat and chatted about what's been happening really, no big hairy! We are allowed up to 10 keep in touch days at full salary but tbh I couldn't just switch on and do a piece of work iykwim? So I don't think I'll be doing many more of those.

I had a slightly better night last night as well, she fed at 1:30 and just before 5. The problem is I fell asleep after feeding her in the bed, then she needed to burp so I sat up and lifted her onto my chest, I promptly fell asleep again. Then when she squirmed I put her in the cot but she need to be soothed a few times before she went back down. So I don't know what time that was but I felt like I woke a few times between the 2 feeds anyway!

So far tonight she has woken once for her dummy since 6:30, so we'll see what tonight holds, but hopefully its coming to an end for me too. (ETA - the 4 month growth spurt that is).

Glad they went well GL

Well blimey, it took me some time to find this thread now they've moved it all around. Max is still well, had his final jabs yesterday and has been asleep for 2 hours this afternoon and slept nearly 12 hours last night so they've knocked him out a bit.

Am looking into highchairs at the mo and thinking about whether to do traditional weaning or baby led. Am fancying a bit of both and am hoping to start weaning on September 13th - day after we get back from Spain and he'll be 5.5 months then so hopng the time will be right. But he's watching me eat constantly and his little face is so puzzled as to what I'm doing. Bless him

Hello Ladies!

Thanks everyone for the advice on weight. I am just so grateful she is happy and healthy.
Greenlady, you are right. Anjy has been consistently in the 70th percentile, so no need to worry.

So, when are you ladies going back to work? I am not familiar with the "Keep in touch day" you guys are talking about.

All the babies are so cute! Here's Emma again too :)
I'm still not healed. Trying not to let it get me down, I love being with Emma, and she is all worth it!

Aww! She is beautiful!!!

How are you feeling these days. Praying you heal soon :hugs:

Glad they went well GL

Well blimey, it took me some time to find this thread now they've moved it all around. Max is still well, had his final jabs yesterday and has been asleep for 2 hours this afternoon and slept nearly 12 hours last night so they've knocked him out a bit.

Am looking into highchairs at the mo and thinking about whether to do traditional weaning or baby led. Am fancying a bit of both and am hoping to start weaning on September 13th - day after we get back from Spain and he'll be 5.5 months then so hopng the time will be right. But he's watching me eat constantly and his little face is so puzzled as to what I'm doing. Bless him

Hehehe--- that is adorable!!

Wow! time flies! Awesome that you are able to go 6 months!
Did you BF exclusively? Did you have any challenging months?
Anjy sometimes refuses the formula and wants to BF....but it's only happened a few times.

I'm also pushing for 6 months for now.
I am not back at work till January, so it will be perfect. Hopefully it won't be a problem since she is already taking 2-3 bottles of formula a day already.

It was fine just sat and chatted about what's been happening really, no big hairy! We are allowed up to 10 keep in touch days at full salary but tbh I couldn't just switch on and do a piece of work iykwim? So I don't think I'll be doing many more of those.

I had a slightly better night last night as well, she fed at 1:30 and just before 5. The problem is I fell asleep after feeding her in the bed, then she needed to burp so I sat up and lifted her onto my chest, I promptly fell asleep again. Then when she squirmed I put her in the cot but she need to be soothed a few times before she went back down. So I don't know what time that was but I felt like I woke a few times between the 2 feeds anyway!

So far tonight she has woken once for her dummy since 6:30, so we'll see what tonight holds, but hopefully its coming to an end for me too. (ETA - the 4 month growth spurt that is).

Heheheh- I am the same. Anjy takes forever to burp, esp. during night feeds. Sometimes, I just lay her down with her head propped up 'cos I keep dozing while rubbing her back

You ladies are so lucky your babies take their dummies/pacifiers/soothers. Till today, Anjy refuses. We've got 6 different ones and she keeps spitting them out :dohh:

Ellie got weighed this morning and is now 12lbs 4oz, a whole 5lb heavier than birth so I'm really pleased.

The weather's so difficult to dress her for atm. It was chilly this morning, then late morning it's gone really warm and now we're going into the afternoon it's going overcast, muggy and is predicted rain. Atm, she's going through 2-3 different outfits everyday just to keep up with the weather!

Ellie never burps at night time. I just can't get anything out of her. She usually ends up waking me up in the morning straining her toots out!!

She's still waking once or twice at night. I've got to a point where it's totally knackering me out. I hope I either get used to it again or she starts sleeping through soon.

Glad everyone's well x

Hi ladies, hope you are well, well the last 2 nights Jessica has slept through all night. She is 3 months old on the 22nd August, so i don't know if this is to stay...hopefully! She has gone to sleep at around 8pm and then not woken till 7am. Me and my husband actually got woken by the alarm rather than her, was so weird!

Over the last couple of weeks or so Jessica's head control has really improved. She holds her head up so well. I can sit her on my lap facing away from me and she will sit up quite happily. She loves watching TV.

Took my car for its MOT today...it failed as both brake lights were not working. Oops! :dohh::dohh::dohh: They fixed it there and then and then it passed, I wasn't expecting it to fail as it's only 4 years old...anyway completely non baby related but Jessica was so well behaved while they MOT'd the car she slept the whole time. Good girl! Speak soon ladies xxx

Emma is nowhere close to sleeping through! She sleeps in our bed, and wakes 2-3 times a night. Will be attempting the big move to her own bed (still in our room) in the next few weeks, will keep you posted on that!
Also decided to start weightwatchers when Emma hits 3 months, I hate my belly and want it gone. Because of my stitch problem, I can't really exercise, and it is driving me mental! I've never dieted in my life, it will be interesting to see how this goes!
Hope everyone is keeping well- congrats on Jessica sleeping through, sparkledust, I'm sure the rest of the yellow babies will get there eventually!

Cat
xxx

I am sure the rest of the yellow babies will get there soon as well. I am really pleased. It has been five nights and she has slept through every night. Although night before last when I got her out of bed she had filled her nappy overnight (she never usually does this, its always in daytime!) and anyway when I cleaned her up and changed her I noticed she had nasty nappy rash! Her bottom was red and the skin was coming off. I guess where she's not waking up, and we don't have to go to her in the night for a feed or anything, she could have done that and been sleeping in it all night :nope: I felt really bad. Where she is in a gro-bag I didn't even smell it or anything, anyway made sure me and hubby checked her before we went to sleep last night as don't want that happening again, have been using metanium cream and giving her nappy off time and today it looks a lot better the poor thing. It didn't seem to bother her which is good.

So you co-sleep Cat? Do you find that ok? We never did that, she went in her moses basket in our room for 10 weeks and then we moved her into her cot bed in her own bedroom. She sleeps really well now, she has two naps a day and sleeps right through night. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it continues.

Good luck with weightwatchers! I really need to diet, pre-baby I was a size 12-14, now I'm a 14-16 and still weigh a stone heavier than I did pre pregnancy. Hate it. I am planning on starting a diet asap!

Take care everyone xxxxx

Yeah, kind of fell into cosleeping as it was so darn hard to move around at first! I love it, but don't want it to continue for too long. Hopefully we can make a smooth transition sometime soon!

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is well.
I can't believe the summer is almost over :(

Anjy and I are doing well. She spends most of the day awake and playing-lol. Running out of playtime ideas already :o
She still wakes up at night to feed, so I am really looking forward to when she starts to sleep through the night.

Hey all
Tell me about the summer! It's so dark this evening and am now panicking about putting Max to bed in the dark. Oh well, here's hoping he's fine

He's been ok but is teething at the minute - we think.- bad cheek rash, sloppy nappies, sucking his hands and anything else in sight. But no idea when any will come through. I was thinking he might get them before Xmas (I was an april baby and had my first tooth mid december so thinking Max might do the same) but no idea.

Ah I just keep telling myself, they'll sleep through hopefully by the time they are 5.
Max is still hit and miss. He's slept through the past two nights but have a sneaky feeling he'll be up tonight - he's been an angel this afternoon and evening so I think I'll pay for it later

:hi: I've finally found you all....

Daniel is now 3 months old and can't believe where the time has gone. I'm gagging to start some courses during the day now so I can fill my days and meet other mums. I do have the NCT girls but good to find more mums in the area.

Daniel sleeps from 11pm (after feed) till 7am (although last 3 mornings have been 5, 5.30 and 6 - growth spurt) so feel really happy about that. I don't take it for granted at all.

I'm just on for flying visit but glad to hear you are all well and your babies too. Will post properly soon xxx

Emma is holding her head up by herself! She's also getting such a personality, a real chatterbox! I'm such a proud Mummy!
Hope all our yellow babies are doing well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->