Team yellow?

kmac87

Waiting for our lil girl
Reaction score
It was my dh's idea to stay team yellow as I am indifferent either way. It's our last baby and thought sure why not, it'll be a nice surprise to end things. Now I think he wants to find out. What do you guys think? Like I said, it doesn't really matter to me anyway, plus I think my ob may accidently slip on our measurement scan and say he/she as she doesn't get a lot of team yellow patients. Also, fyi, we have 3 boys. He has one, I have one and we have one together, so if we end up having a girl, we'll have nothing. I refuse to buy gender neutral stuff as I want my only girl, whom I've waited so long for to wear pinks and purples so we plan on buying gift cards throughout the pregnancy if we stay team yellow so we can just go do all the clothes shopping after baby gets here. It seems as if it would be easier to find out but it'd be a nice surprise if we wait. What's your input?

what about the babyshower? If you don't want gender neutral things you have to find out what the sex is unless you don't mind it from them, or you are not having one.

My mom begged me to wait also but i cant do it we got appt feb 8th to find out gender. Im like you if i have a girl i want to deck her out in everything girly i can find!! I guess maybe you guys should discuss it one more time and if you def want to stay team yellow make sure doc knows.

what about the babyshower? If you don't want gender neutral things you have to find out what the sex is unless you don't mind it from them, or you are not having one.

I'm not having one as it's baby #3. But I did ask those that insist on getting us anything to get gift cards.

My mom begged me to wait also but i cant do it we got appt feb 8th to find out gender. Im like you if i have a girl i want to deck her out in everything girly i can find!! I guess maybe you guys should discuss it one more time and if you def want to stay team yellow make sure doc knows.

She definitely knows, but I've just got that feeling that she will accidently say he/she at some point. She knows we have all boys and is rooting for team pink so she's just as anxious as we are. She's already calling baby "she" for my benefit.

Lol thats great your so close with your doc well i guess if she accidently slips then you wont have to figure out what you want to do anymore. I feel like if its a girl then you will probaly want to knpw ealry so you can go crazy spoiling her in pink and purple

Lol thats great your so close with your doc well i guess if she accidently slips then you wont have to figure out what you want to do anymore. I feel like if its a girl then you will probaly want to knpw ealry so you can go crazy spoiling her in pink and purple

Exactly! I would definitely want to spoil her but I think if I find out, and it's a boy, I'll be a bit down. Although, I've got a strong feeling it's a girl. And yes, my ob is awesome! We moved kind of far enough away to where getting to her office in inconvenience, but I refuse to go anywhere else. I switched obs when I was 25 wks with my last ds and found her and couldn't be more satisfied.

I def think you guys just need to talk about it again and be totally sure of what you want. Nomatter what you guys will be happy im sure and even if you wait amd its a girl you can still spoil her

I think if you're likely to get gender disappointment I'd find out because you can prepare yourself, get used to the idea before baby is born.
We stayed 100% team yellow and at my 20wk scan I went in and said please don't show me the sex.
At my 36 week presentation scan and my 41 week growth scan I told them I didn't want to see the sex and I didn't look at the screen. I wanted total surprise.
This time I want to stay yellow but there's that little temptation to know. I guess I won't be so anti this time xx

Last baby, we stayed yellow, but we caved in at an additional scan at 30 weeks!

We had already just ordered our pram then, and it was a boring npgender nutreual colour...will definitely try and find out this time, I just have to know...it's a surprise for 20 weeks anyway!

To be honest, I'd find out of I were you!

We stayed team yellow for our first and will for this one as well. We really enjoyed it and only bought the bare minimum vests & babygrows before baby was born. It was really special, dh got to tell me we had a little girl and we went and bought some girlie clothes when she was 2 days old :)

I def think you guys just need to talk about it again and be totally sure of what you want. Nomatter what you guys will be happy im sure and even if you wait amd its a girl you can still spoil her

Yep, we sure will.

I think if you're likely to get gender disappointment I'd find out because you can prepare yourself, get used to the idea before baby is born.
We stayed 100% team yellow and at my 20wk scan I went in and said please don't show me the sex.
At my 36 week presentation scan and my 41 week growth scan I told them I didn't want to see the sex and I didn't look at the screen. I wanted total surprise.
This time I want to stay yellow but there's that little temptation to know. I guess I won't be so anti this time xx

And that's exactly what I don't want to have to do. I feel like if she doesn't slip then we'll probably be able to tell as we're not new to this, but I want to be able to look at the screen.

Last baby, we stayed yellow, but we caved in at an additional scan at 30 weeks!

We had already just ordered our pram then, and it was a boring npgender nutreual colour...will definitely try and find out this time, I just have to know...it's a surprise for 20 weeks anyway!

To be honest, I'd find out of I were you!

I know, I hate gender neutral stuff!

We stayed team yellow for our first and will for this one as well. We really enjoyed it and only bought the bare minimum vests & babygrows before baby was born. It was really special, dh got to tell me we had a little girl and we went and bought some girlie clothes when she was 2 days old :)

This is exactly out plan but I think someone will figure it out.

We are in the same boat but after talking I think we will find out, but rather than find out at the ultrasound have her put it in an envelope and I'm going to give it to my friend and she is going to have a cake made that's either pink or blue inside. We will have close friends and family go to dinnerthen for dessert cut the cake and find out with everyone else :)

We didn't find out with my first and it was so much fun! People were mad about the gender neutral stuff, but I found since it was our first they got us more things we needed like blankets and such. When she arrived we got a bunch of girl stuff given to us and we bought more things. I would start each appointment by reminding the docs we were team yellow and they put a note on my folder so no one would slip.

This time we are finding out, but only because I was the one who wanted to be team yellow last time. This time I let hubby decide and he wanted to find out.

And that's exactly what I don't want to have to do. I feel like if she doesn't slip then we'll probably be able to tell as we're not new to this, but I want to be able to look at the screen.

As they were only extra scans not normally done - you generally only get 2 here on the nhs- I wasn't bothered about looking. It wasn't about my enjoyment they couldn't tell if he was the right way up fit I my home birth and then as I got to 41 weeks they thought the baby would be big. He was but they didn't pick it up so pointless anyway.
Xx

i didnt find out with the last daughter. it was sooo exciting. last time i was pregnant last summer i was carrying twins and was going to definitly find out what genders they were since it would be double everything lol. this time if its twins i will find out but if there is only one im going to stay team yellow. i just love that feeling of finally getting the baby out and asking what gender the baby was:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->