Tearing naturally Vs Episiotomy

I was cut because my son had started getting distressed and I'd had a really long labour with him the wrong way around, and i'm quite glad I was cut....
I'd rather be snipped then sewn back up than end up with a stretched saggy foof! :haha:

i have actually read up on this in a midwifery text book i have and it talks about massaging the perinium to help it stretch so if you are tottaly no about being cut then insist that your midwife assistes you with massage to help it stretch but the benifits of being cut is its easier to stitch it back together because its a clean cut which does help with the healing process in my opinion with haveing had quite a few stitches because iam accident prone haha but i would tottaly talk to your midwife see what she suggests you might be able to just get away with abit of massage and that be that

I spoke to my midwife and she said it was really important to push baby out slowly.
I asked her about episiotomys and she said they rarely give them nowadays and only really give them when they're necessary (especially at homebirths) she said lots of studies have been done to say they're not that great so newly trained midwives are not even trained to give them!

x

i had an episiotomy with ds1 it was a ventouse delivery and he was still quite high. i tore 3rd degree with ds2 due to the speed of his delivery wound up with 50+ stitches ( i didnt have the control lol ) and had a small ( like 1cm ) external tear and a 3-4 cm internal tear with ds3 that i didnt let them stitch,
im not even 2wks post birth with ds3 and cant feel the tear at all 99% of the time it hasnt pulled or bled or needed painkillers with both ds1 and ds2 then i wasnt sitting comfy for 3-4 wks post birth and it was still pulling etc.. till my 6wks check both times and i was defo taking painkillers longer than 2wks for the healing.

so IMO id rather tear naturally and not have stiches than be cut or have stitches lol

Intact perineum, please :)

But between the two options: a tear, every time!

That's so weird, over here, natural tearing is not even an option.
An episiotomy is pretty standard.

Ooooo I Replied to this Before lo was born. So I was cut first time for forceps, this time I tore ( down and up both sides!!!) both hurt during recovery but the tear was nowhere near as painful (no rubber ring needed and wasn't taking as many pain killers, only really hurn when weeing!) and is heeling quicker. So now I can say I'd tear any day over episiotomy!

With my first I had an epi done, but with the other 3 kids I had natural tearing. I would rather tear than be cut any day! This time around (baby #4), I didn't even feel any pain down there. I had to have 2 stitches on an internal tear, and had a urethral tear as well, which didn't require stitches. When my babies come, they come fast! lol

Wahayy! well my worries were for nothing as I neither tore or needed an episiotomy. I would really reccomend giving birth in a squatting position it worked brilliantly with my 9 pound 7 baby :)

I'd rather be snipped then sewn back up than end up with a stretched saggy foof! :haha:

I see it's a joke (from a month ago). But still. It's depressing how many people actually BELIEVE that bull crap, some of them medical professionals.

Having a baby does not leave you with a stretched saggy foof, anymore than having an erection "ruins" the male genitals.

Now sure, if you grab your man down there and YANK on it, to try to make it as long and thick as it would be if you [CENSORED].... that might do some permanent damage. The key is engorgement. Set up the environment right, treat him nice ( ;) ) and allow it to "grow" on its own as blood rushes to the area. What people do do women in labour is pretty much like yanking n a bloke to make him have an erection. Nuts, eh?

I see it's a joke (from a month ago). But still. It's depressing how many people actually BELIEVE that bull crap, some of them medical professionals.

I get that some people might think that, but med profs?? Really!? lol, i shouldn't be surprised actually :D

I had an episiotomy. I didnt want it, and it took weeks to heal. I had barely torn it was just slightly, the dr came in and cut me without so much as telling me ahead of time. I would rather tear naturally

I get that some people might think that, but med profs?? Really!? lol, i shouldn't be surprised actually :D

When having my first I was wrongly cut by a midwife, so there's still a lot of them out there who think it should be done when there's no actual reason

I had an episiotomy. I didnt want it, and it took weeks to heal. I had barely torn it was just slightly, the dr came in and cut me without so much as telling me ahead of time. I would rather tear naturally

That is assault :(

edit - ugh, just seen where you are - it's possible you "gave consent" by signing sme forms or something... still, morally and ethically wrong wrng wrong. Would adult men stand for it if a doctr came in and and just started getting knifey down there without warning, consent or good reason?! Not likely! This is ubiquitous and we've got to demand better :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->