Teen Pregnancy Support

Godisamazing

Reaction score
Hey Ladies so im a teenager and just found out that i am pregnant. I know this is frowned upon but there is no going back plus God loves this baby so so shall I. Anyway i am keeping the baby but i was wondering if anyone had advice or knew of any groups that could help me out. Im in the San Diego area.

I'm 19 so also a teen! Only advice is enjoy every day your body is changing, I always say morning to my bloated belly and goodnight xxx

Dont listen to adults who think they have the right to tell you their "opinion" because they are older than you and want to put you down.

I had a baby when I was 16...all adults can be this way, no matter their position. The dr (man) who delivered the baby yelled at me to stop being a baby because it does not hurt that bad. Obviously did not like a 16 year old having a child. My mom ended up filing a formal complaint and he was put on suspension without pay for 30 days...

Anyways - my main advice - DO NOT listen to adult "opinion".

;) Good Luck!

Congrats on your pregnancy, life doesn't always work out by the book. Enjoy your little baby and I hope u get lots of support xx

...all adults can be this way, no matter their position.

- DO NOT listen to adult "opinion".

;) Good Luck!

Hey hey, don't paint us all with the same brush a lot of us 'adults' aren't so bad. Besides the OP has to get her advice on pregnancy from somewhere and since a lot of women who have gone through pregnancy HAPPEN to be adults, it's not such a bad idea to listen to some of them, if their advice works for you and your family.

To the OP, congratulations! :happydance: I'm sorry you feel frowned upon. I think it's great that you're seeking support and while I'm not in your area and can't help I wanted to wish you all the best in finding the network that you need to help you have a happy and healthy pregnancy. :thumbup:

Congrats and good luck. I like the positivity you have :)
I'm in Australia so can't really help lol but online forums can be good. Do you know how far along you are? Have you told anyone yet?

Good luck x

Congrats :) I'm 19 and pregnant with my first! Glad you're feeling positive about it. Have you found the teen pregnancy section of the forum? It's designed for young mums to be to support each other!

there is a teen pregnancy forum available on the website

Thank you everyone for the support :) I am about 5 weeks along and im scared and excited. I will go check out that forum :)

Adults have that opinion because we are older and have more life experiences. You will feel the same way when you are older. Do you younger ppl feel like we were never teens. I have a 16 yr old and a 15 yr old. If either of them had a baby on the way I would be devastated and furious. Why would I be happy or overjoyed that their life is going to be more difficult than it has to be or deal with an adult situation before it's time. That being said I agree things happen and I know u will be OK. Having a baby as a teen is not the end all. I just want you to understand that at 16 you cannot know everything that a person double your age knows. And also that we are not always right but it's mostly because we've been there done that you know? I really hope you have or get good support. I don't mean to lecture you and I'm not judging u. I was pregnant with my 1st son at 19..had him just after my 20th bday and had a daughter the yr after. But it was rough. I had no support no family no money. But I don't regret them. I would do it again. I just hope my kids would try to wait just so they don't have the struggle I did. So no judgements just try to understand adults are never going to be super excited or happy because we know the hardship. *BIG HUGS* to u.

Sorry let me re-phrase - the negative opinions. I'm 33 now.

But when I was 16 and pregnant I got so many negative comments from adults. I gave her up for adoption (I didn't feel I was ready to have a child but like you didn't agree with other options) and the hardest part of my pregnancy was dealing with the negative comments and doubts from adults - and people putting me down.

In fact it was so bad I distincly remember the only good comment I received. After I delivered a nurse came in the room and said, you gave someone the greatest gift anyone could ever give someone.

Good luck ;)

Yes there is. At 16 you can probably be ok. 12 13 14 even 15 yrs is really young to make good decisions. Just because you get your period and can have sex doesn't mean u will be a good parent. That's the main reason I wouldn't be happy if my teens were having a baby. Why not be a child while u can we have our whole lives to be adults. I wish I was allowed to be a child. That being said not all adults are good parents I just think there is such a thing as too young. Even at 16 there are levels of maturity. You have to take it case by case.

I know people who had children at 15 & have been fan parents, can't tar all young parents with the same brush same as we can't tar all adults with the same brush but no one on this post is 12, 13 ect

I have my opinion and your entitled to yours. I agree it is possible. Anything is possible. My 15 yr old daughter is an athlete and in a performing arts school. She is extremely responsible and smart. Having a baby at this point would be a terrible decision and she would not make a good parent. She is too busy being a TEEN instead of trying to be an adult.

Congratz on your pregnancy :)

Age is but a number, ive seen a 15 year old have a baby and became a wonderful mother, shes now married with 3 kids and a decent job :) Ive seen a 40 year old lose her kids due to neglect! Babies make life harder, what ever the age! ofc they do, they are mini terrors at times, but worth every second of it :)

Listen to adults, listen to kids, listen to grannys and listen to the bus man, smile at them and be polite, no one can judge you after all they dont know your story! and if they try to judge you smile at them and carry on about your day, its there problem what they think, not yours :)

it sounds like you know what your doing so i wish you luck :)

Age is but a number, ive seen a 15 year old have a baby and became a wonderful mother, shes now married with 3 kids and a decent job :) Ive seen a 40 year old lose her kids due to neglect! Babies make life harder, what ever the age! ofc they do, they are mini terrors at times, but worth every second of it :)

Listen to adults, listen to kids, listen to grannys and listen to the bus man, smile at them and be polite, no one can judge you after all they dont know your story! and if they try to judge you smile at them and carry on about your day, its there problem what they think, not yours :)

Perfect advice!

Perfect advice!

I agree! I'd suggest The OP check out the teen pregnancy forum on this website :)

Perfect advice!

I agree! I'd suggest The OP check out the teen pregnancy forum on this website :)

I'm over there so come join me :D no one to judge as we are all in the same boat over in teen pregnancy xx

I wasn't judging op. It happens and she will do just fine. Voicing my opinion about why adults might come across as negative is allowed just as anyone else can. I too had a different opinion when I was 16 and up...I probably would have argued with myself lol. That's just life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->