teenage pregnancy - by accident or by design

How old were you when you first became pregnant? 19

2) Was your pregnancy planned? no

3) How did you feel when you found out you were pregnant? shocked but happy

4) Do you feel your pregnancy was due to: other i was on the pill didnt miss one and it still managed to happen

* Lack of sex education
* Felt ready to have a baby
* Pressured to have sex
* Lack of knowledge about contraception
* Alcohol related
* Drug related
* None of these, other reason (please state)

5) Who was the first person you told? my OH

6) How did they support you? He was over the moon

7) Did you get support from anywhere else? OH Family abd mine

What other support did you feel you needed? none

9) Did you have any friends in the same situation as you at the same time? If yes, how did they help? nope

10) What did you find hard about your pregnancy? getting biggerits hard to get used to being bigger

11) Did you look after your baby on your own or did you have support? she/he is not here yet

12) Were you able to continue with your education?

13) What advice would you give to other young girls? even if you are on the pill they are only 99% safe and that 1% could be you like it was me

1) How old were you when you first became pregnant? 17

2) Was your pregnancy planned? Nope

3) How did you feel when you found out you were pregnant? Really upset, i burst out crying

4) Do you feel your pregnancy was due to:

* Lack of sex education
* Pressured to have sex
* Alcohol related
* Drug related
I think i kinda wanted one, i was waiting to go back on the pill and forgot to use a condom

5) Who was the first person you told? The dad

6) How did they support you? Umm not very well to begin with, he was very quiet

7) Did you get support from anywhere else? Yeah my mum was very supportive

What other support did you feel you needed?

9) Did you have any friends in the same situation as you at the same time? If yes, how did they help? Nope i was the only pregnant person out of all my mates. I think i still am

10) What did you find hard about your pregnancy? Im still pregnant, but the fact that noone wud employ me to work and bein bored alot of the time i found hard. the pregnancy itself is very hard, ive bin in hospital alot etc

11) Did you look after your baby on your own or did you have support? Shes not out yet, wen shes born ill still be living at home but after a few weeks i will b moving out

12) Were you able to continue with your education? Nope

13) What advice would you give to other young girls? Be careful, i wudnt change the fact im pregnant for the world, but its not something tht i wud have chosen to happen, and its really changed my life and not all in a good way atm

1) How old were you when you first became pregnant? 16 but found out at 17

2) Was your pregnancy planned? No

3) How did you feel when you found out you were pregnant? Upset & Scared

4) Do you feel your pregnancy was due to: Other - Was on the pill and condom broke..but cuz I was on the pill didnt think I could get caught..(how wrong was I)

* Lack of sex education
* Pressured to have sex
* Alcohol related
* Drug related

5) Who was the first person you told? My then boyfrend

6) How did they support you? He didnt

7) Did you get support from anywhere else? My Mum, Dad and the rest of my family - They were amazing..and I didnt hesitate in telling my Mum, I told her after I told the father but my Dad I waited 2 days and then told him

What other support did you feel you needed? None..but it would have been nice if my sons father didn't give me 11 months of hell

9) Did you have any friends in the same situation as you at the same time? If yes, how did they help? I knew girls that were in the same position, but I wasn't friends with them anymore at that point but later on in my pregnancy became friends

10) What did you find hard about your pregnancy? I suffered the whole way through my pregnancy, had loads of complications, was in and out of hospital, suffered from severe hyperemesis and they didnt expect me to carry him (either miscarry or have him prem) and the labour was really hard. He had his cord wrapped around his neck and everytime I moved or had a contraction his heartrate was dipping, and had to have emergency forceps and an episiotomy and ova 90 stitches that were a mess and I suffered really bad after the birth and still suffering now (8 weeks later)

11) Did you look after your baby on your own or did you have support? I live at home with my Mum and Dad so Iv got loads of support, I look after him but the supports there if i need it.

12) Were you able to continue with your education? Yes, I was doing my 1st year of a forensic science course but being so ill I couldn't go back to do my second, so they held my creditations and I go back to finish my 2nd year in sept

13) What advice would you give to other young girls? Always wear protection, and even if u think ur safe and it splits, take the morning after pill anyway! Better to be safe than sorry, and it's free anyway. Yes babys are cute and cuddly but they are such hard work! I love my son to bits and I wouldn't change him for the world..but I defo wudnt have planned it.

3) How did you feel when you found out you were pregnant? Scared, upset, worried about how my life would turn out.

4) Do you feel your pregnancy was due to: Lack of knowlegde of contraception. fell pregnant on the pill

5) Who was the first person you told? my boyfriend and mum.

6) How did they support you? i got a lot of support from family.

7) Did you get support from anywhere else? No

What other support did you feel you needed? Maybe more info on teenage pregnancy groups.

9) Did you have any friends in the same situation as you at the same time? If yes, how did they help? no

10) What did you find hard about your pregnancy? towards the end carrying my son. possibly the loss of friendship due to none of my friends in the same situation.

11) Did you look after your baby on your own or did you have support?
i have a lot of support of both sides of family.

12) Were you able to continue with your education?
yes.. i am university at the minute studying early childhood studies.

13) What advice would you give to other young girls? Definately talk to your parents they will support you. stick by your decisions don't let anyone force you into something you don't want to do. WAIT UNTIL YOUR READY. it's not all fun fun fun, there are definately some hard times.

1) How old were you when you first became pregnant? 15

3) How did you feel when you found out you were pregnant? Terrified

4) Do you feel your pregnancy was due to: Me wanting to prove to people that I was ''Cool''

5) Who was the first person you told? The dad

6) How did they support you? At first, really well.

7) Did you get support from anywhere else? Not until I was 4 months gone and my mum found out

What other support did you feel you needed? My sister!!

9) Did you have any friends in the same situation as you at the same time? If yes, how did they help?No

10) What did you find hard about your pregnancy? Facing my peers

11) Did you look after your baby on your own or did you have support? I'll manage

12) Were you able to continue with your education? I do yes

13) What advice would you give to other young girls? Safe sex, don't feel pressured!! Wait until you are ready. If anything, you want it to be with someone special! who deserves you!. your all worth more

1) How old were you when you first became pregnant? 16 but turned 17 while pregnant

2) Was your pregnancy planned? Nope

3) How did you feel when you found out you were pregnant? Happy and Excited

* Lack of sex education
* Pressured to have sex
* Alcohol related
* Drug related
* None of these, other reason (please state) Like Sex and in a longterm relationship

5) Who was the first person you told? My partner

6) How did they support you? With everything

7) Did you get support from anywhere else? Family members

What other support did you feel you needed? None

9) Did you have any friends in the same situation as you at the same time? If yes, how did they help? Nope

10) What did you find hard about your pregnancy? Nothing yet

11) Did you look after your baby on your own or did you have support? Not here but i live with my partner

12) Were you able to continue with your education? Already left school

13) What advice would you give to other young girls?

thanks again for answering the questionnaires, uve all been brilliant xxx

1) How old were you when you first became pregnant?15

2) Was your pregnancy planned?no

3) How did you feel when you found out you were pregnant?dissappointed, lost but happy at the same time

* Lack of sex education
* Pressured to have sex
* Alcohol related
* Drug related

5) Who was the first person you told?knowone me an my mum found out together at the doctors

6) How did they support you?she supported me and told me she would be there for me no matter what

7) Did you get support from anywhere else?this website

What other support did you feel you needed?support from other people in the community

9) Did you have any friends in the same situation as you at the same time? If yes, how did they help?my friends all left me once they found out i was pregnant

10) What did you find hard about your pregnancy?how people looked at you strange and never accepted you

11) Did you look after your baby on your own or did you have support?i have support from my parents

12) Were you able to continue with your education?yes i went back to high school 3 months after having my daughter

13) What advice would you give to other young girls?think before you act, you think that it could not possiable happen to you but it can happen to anyone

1) How old were you when you first became pregnant? 15

2) Was your pregnancy planned? no

3) How did you feel when you found out you were pregnant? worried scared

4) Do you feel your pregnancy was due to: Lack of knowledge about contraception

* Lack of sex education
* Pressured to have sex
* Alcohol related
* Drug related

5) Who was the first person you told? my best friend

6) How did they support you? told me everything would be alright

7) Did you get support from anywhere else? A support centre (care and criss)

What other support did you feel you needed?

9) Did you have any friends in the same situation as you at the same time? If yes, how did they help? nope

10) What did you find hard about your pregnancy? tell my mum and dad and people judging

11) Did you look after your baby on your own or did you have support? my mum and dad helped me.

12) Were you able to continue with your education? yes

13) What advice would you give to other young girls? I dont regreat having my baby but i would tell other teens to wait a bit longer

3) How did you feel when you found out you were pregnant? Terrified!

4) Do you feel your pregnancy was due to: Other - I just thought it wouldnt happen to me - very silly really.

* Lack of sex education
* Pressured to have sex
* Alcohol related
* Drug related

5) Who was the first person you told? My friend was with me when I took the test.

6) How did they support you? Helped me talk to other people.

7) Did you get support from anywhere else? A childrens centre and a home visitor from there.

8) What other support did you feel you needed? None.

9) Did you have any friends in the same situation as you at the same time? If yes, how did they help? No

10) What did you find hard about your pregnancy? Managing hormones, and judgement from people in the public.

11) Did you look after your baby on your own or did you have support? Family supported me but my partner and I looked after the baby ourselves.

12) Were you able to continue with your education? I finished sixth form while I was pregnant.

13) What advice would you give to other young girls? If you dont want a baby just use contraception. Its not the end of the world if you do get pregnant and it can be done, but if you know you're not ready to be a Mum be careful! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->