Teeth Brushing Woes

missbabes

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Anyone else having their gag reflex react when brushing teeth?

I get it each and every time, and about 8 out of 10 times it results in me vomiting. Had a similar reaction with DS but wasn't sick as much as this time round. It's at the point where I feel like just cutting it out completely and just using mouthwash.

I haven't vomited yet but but gagging bad. I'm 4wk 6 days x

Oh I feel your pain missbabes. I gag every time I brush my teeth, and throw up about 80% of the time afterwards. And every time I have that weird thought where I wonder if I should brush my teeth AGAIN after throwing up, or if that will just make me throw up again.

I have this problem in pregnancy, someone told me to run my wrist under cold water while I brush my teeth.. maybe try that!?

This has just started for me at 6.5 weeks. Had it bad whilst pregnant with my daughter so I just didn't brush for a while. Gross but I didn't see the point if I was just going to throw up!

Think I may have to resort to chewing gum, as even using just mouthwash resulted in me gagging badly :dohh:

I haven't had it yet (knock on wood) with this pregnancy, but with my last I did. So sorry you are experiencing this. I hope it subsides as you get further along.

I have this bad too...it's awful. Last time I found switching toothpastes to cinnamon tooth paste or just baking soda helped. The minty flavour made it worse. Also standing up straight and not bending over while brushing seemed to help....iduno it's the worst!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->