Teeth Grinding

Raggydoll

Reaction score
For the past couple of months I haven't been able to stop grinding my teeth. I suffer from anxiety and I'm taking medication for it so I'm guessing it's related to this. Has anyone any tips how stop, I'm only doing it during the day but it's making my jaw and head ache. :nope:

sorry i have no helpful advice, but i have also found myself doing this lately! also just gritting my teeth. the only thing i do is just try and be aware of it and dont do it lol. easy in theory hey?!

but im with u, i will be watching this thread :)

I do that often and got a mouthguard for when I'm sleeping or am really freaked out. My enamel has already been worn down. It does serious damage, so I'd recommend wearing one!

As futuremommy91 says, the best thing is to get a mouthguard from your dentist. When I was on paroxetine (and also when I was on other s.s.r.i's) I use to grind my teeth really badly and a mouthguard was recommended to me by my dentist, because she said it was wearing the enamel on my back teeth down.

Thanks for the replies. I'll try a mouthguard as I'm probably doing it in my sleep and not realising it.

Just to add, you can get one at the drugstore for much less money than if you had it done at dentist (unless it's covered w/ healthcare) but it's also MUCH more uncomfortable and impossible to go to sleep with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->