Teething and calpol

fi123

Reaction score
LO is teething quite badly at the moment, nights seem to be the worst. Only way I can seem to settle him at around 3/4 am is with calpol. I am not keen on giving him this and seem to have done this for the last week most nights, just the once. Is this too much? What other ways can you settle them, I have tried dummy, gel etc nothing else works.

Have you tried ashton and parson teething powder???

With my LO when the teething is bad I give this to him EVERY hour from about 3pm till bedtime and it seems to settle him down then when he has his bedtime bottle I give him 1 dose of calpol.

The calpol will NOT hurt your LO

xx

when Pixie is bothered with her teeth i give her some calpol and some dentinox teething gel - she seems to settle after that. i have however invested in an Amber anklet (wasn't too keen on the idea of a necklace)

If LO is in a lot of pain then i give him baby ibrubrofen (sp) otherwise i give him 2.5ml of calpol,

I'd recommend Nelsons Teetha, it works really well for Maya. And you can give some every two hours if needed.

they have stoped making the nelsons teething poweders and i dnt find the others work am having the same prob xxx

You cant get ashton powders anywhere they stoped making any powders like this, they where a godsend but there must be a reason they have stoped them.

Calpol once a night will not do your LO any harm.

You cant get ashton powders anywhere they stoped making any powders like this, they where a godsend but there must be a reason they have stoped them.

they sell ashton and parsons powder in boots well at least in my boots they do x

You can still get Teetha at Boots, Holland & Barrett and Waitrose, at least where I live. I couldn't find anything about it being discontinued. I know there was something about the Ashton and Parsons powder and how their packaging was supposedly unsafe but I dunno how much that actually has to do with it not being available as I also heard it was just a shortage in supply as demand for it had been higher.

thanks for all your replies, could not get the teething powders also. Will go to boots today and see if they have anything else.

Just do not like giving him calpol to settle him all the time but I supose if he needs it, he also needs his sleep like myself and dh:sleep:

Have you got a Bodycare?
They sell them there.
I have also got them from Boots and Asda :)

I dont see a prob with giving him calpol when he wakes in the night. Wont do him any harm at all and if he needs it. I wouldnt want to suffer with tooth ache at 3 in the morning. x

my thoughts have been that if i was in pain, i'd like to be able to take some painkillers, so i figure giving bella a little calpol if she's got toothache is no different.
xx

I can still get them where I live

xx

Tesco sell nelsons teetha - they really worked for us ashton and parsons didnt seem to have any affect I also use baby nurofen it seems to work much faster in calpol for us anyway when rosalie was getting her front teeth in she had to have it every night (once) for about a week x

ps i for the last part of that week i gave her it before she went down and it seemed to let her sleep she wouldnt wake at 3am screaming x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shanicehhhhh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->