Fall in Love! September Testing Thread

Thanks all about the tests. This is night and day to every other time I've been pregnant; typically I'm a POAS-addict, peeing on *minimum* two tests a day until I'm 25dpo or so, haha. I don't have that compulsion this time since I'm still in shock! I kicked around the idea of one more a couple years back, but ultimately we decided we were done...but also that if it happens, it happens! You can't really use not barrier or bcp and not also acknowledge a baby is a very real risk. I just didn't think it would happen since it hadn't in 13+ years, but heyo!

@elmum when do you plan on testing??

@cheerios it's funny that you are in a pretty similar situation! Don't be a stranger after baby comes, you'll have to let me know how it all goes.

Who else is symptom spotting? Do share!

Personally I had a little af cramping on around 7 or 8 dpo that I noticed, but otherwise nothing. Now I've got a decrease appetite but I think it's nerves...though that has always been an early symptom for me in the rest of my pregnancies so who knows.

@thencomesbebe what a journey it's been for you! Totally get it -- health is the absolute goal for sure. Nice to see another "older" lady here -- I'm about to be 38 myself and worry about the complications that come along with "advanced maternal age", but also I realize that is a bit more common these days, it seems?

Oh I’m 42… can’t believe it. Definitely makes me worry about whether I’ll be able to have another but here’s hoping <3
Hopefully this isn’t too intrusive of a question but did you ever feel done then change your mind? Or did you always feel you’d have babies until your body says otherwise?

Looking back I’ve been kicking around the idea of a 4th since early 2021, but I’d say this year I decided I was done and very content with that choice. I have to laugh because back when I was on the fence I wrote “I don’t want to have to make the decision, I just want it to happen!” — haha, talk about being careful what you wish for!

Oh my! I’m so excited about this thread already….
Thanks @Jess0685 that does give me hope! Are you testing this month too?
@MrsKatie that’s so exciting! I’m glad you are trying again and testing this month.
@Jules8 Hope AF arrives soon and you can start femara
@HalfricanMa wishing you lots of baby dust. I have a good feeling about this month
@NDH that’s wild. If you turn up pregnant this month, you will know it was meant to be!
@gigglebox thanks for sharing the tests. I love seeing positive outcomes on here! Congratulations!
@thencomesbebe what a beautiful embryo! Congratulations to you and hubby. You both look so happy. I am thrilled for you.
AFM I’m 8 dpo. A little crampy. Haven’t tested yet. Temps are great but that’s not totally different from a non pregnant cycle.

I hope I didn’t miss anyone. I was not expecting so many of us to appear on this thread. But I am so happy to see you all

Sending Baby dust to all
I hope your good feeling is right! That would be amazing. I’m also excited about this thread this month and seeing lots of bfps!!

Congrats on the bfp!!
And @thencomesbebe beautiful embryo, I hope you get a positive pt soon!

I’m 8dpo today and stark white negative. We only have 3 tries, this cycle and the 2 after this one, since if I’m not pregnant by then I’ll start on the pill to prepare for a frozen embryo transfer in December. My SIL just announced her pregnancy and I’d love to join her soon!

Good luck @elencor ! I’m 9dpo today. So, very close in our cycles

@gigglebox I’m not sure when I will test…maybe later today. I’m trying to wait and keep temping. I always say I will do that and then I never do. I hate seeing negatives. But just thinking about testing and seeing a negative puts me in a bad mood. lol

Hi all, I just found out on the 1st that I'm expecting (unexpectedly). I'm here to root everyone on for this month and maybe pick up some due date buddies ^_^ I am probably only about 11dpo today. If anyone wants test pics let me know, I didn't know if they're in bad taste since I wasn't actively trying.

Good luck everyone!!

Congrat!

@Jess0685 how are things with you?
Hi @NDH! Sounds like we have similar situations: breastfeeding without a pp af yet. But I do hope to catch the first eggy though, and at 10 months pp i may still have a little time to wait.

My hubby bought me a soft, over-the-head sweater yesterday since it was on sale. When i tried it on, he said it looked nice and would look even better with a little bump underneath! I love hearing affirmation of him wanting me pregnant again and also I hope that may happen for us this winter!!!

It’s wonderful to hear from you ladies again! It’s been quiet around here. Maybe September will be a more chatty month.

Good luck to you. That's so sweet DH is looking forward to you being pregnant again.

Hi ladies, I'm back! Just had one baby girl transferred via IVF 3 hours ago!! Put me down for September 12th Fx, Fx, Fx and all the baby dust!!! Pic of me and DH on a nature walk today before our transfer, and pic of baby girl ❤️

View attachment 1118840

View attachment 1118841

Aww congrats! So surreal to know the sex of your baby from the moment of conception. So happy to hear you are PUPO and I am sending you all the good vibes for testing day that she sticks.

Hi NDH! Oh wow, that is wild; if it assures you at all, it would be pretty unlikely that those things happened together....but your nerves are understandable! Dizzy/nauseous could be many things, are those pregnancy symptoms for you?

Ok so my brief background story...
Hubby and I have been married for over 13 years. This entire time, and a bit before, we have just been using withdraw as bcp because I have painful and obvious ovulation (confirmed via ultrasound) so I know when it's safe to not pull out. The rule has always been he has "free reign" 3 days after ovulation. We have 3 kids and all were conceived when we tried for them (first kid took immediately, the other two took a few months--as did a confirmed m/c). We had what I Think was a cp (maybe two) in all that time but it was when hubby slipped up during bd.

So this month was totally different, I never got the ov pain I usually get, only pain across my c-section scar (which has happened since my last kid), so that was the only hint I might have ovulated. But since I didn't feel my usual pain, I never felt comfortable letting hubby loose, so he p/o every time this past month...

Fast forward to the 1st. I had recently found an old generic equate test under my sink, and for whatever reason, on a whim I decided to take it. I am not late for my period. If I figure the scar pain as ov day, I would have been 9dpo. To my absolute surprise, I saw a faint line...but the test was a blue dye test and I didn't believe it anyway. I decided to get more tests "just in case". I decided to get some pink dye Clear Blues because they were cheaper that FRER, plus the last couple times I used FRER, they had an obvious indent line that could easily be mistaken for a faint BFP, and I didn't want to waste my energy on decoding that.

I couldn't believe it, the clear blue came up positive. I immediately told hubby and we were both in shock (I still am, haha). I was totally indenial and still went out and picked up a box of FRER because I'd always used those in my pregnancies, so if it was an *obvious* pink positive, I would finally believe it. Well I took it today and I'm finally a believer lol.

We're both totally shocked and confused but it is what it is! This will definitely be our last one though. If things come to fruition with this baby and it's born when it's due (mid may), my kids will be 13, 8, and 6. I'm a little worried about the 6 year age gap but nothing I can do about that!

Anyway I'm typing this because it's easier on my computer. I'll post some pics from my phone in a second.

It would be really wild chances but stranger things have happened. I have never been nauseous outside pregnancy though I have had health issues that have caused dizziness before. I probably wouldn't think anything of it if it hadn't been for the oppsie though.

If it reassures you and @cheerios at all, my twins were 5 when my 8 month old was born and this has been the best gap ever. They're old enough to be a little helpful, and certainly not having to be hyper vigilant as with a toddler and a baby, and my bigger kids (11&12) have been *so* helpful. 6 years will be great. Plus when you don't homeschool like I do, it means one on one time with the baby when the kids are at school.

Also I'm turning 40 this December. I was 38 my whole last pregnancy. No issues whatsoever with my age.
Good luck ladies!!

@NDH Ahhh..., you sooo gotta test!! This month's testing thread is already becoming so exciting!! I literally had to google what "condom slippage" means. lol. If you're pregnant, with no period PP and a "oopsie", then it's definitely a sign from God!!
We've always said we're done at 6 unless God intervenes. I don't know when I'll get a chance to buy a test

Thanks NDH, I appreciate that. Glad to hear age was not a factor for you. I do actually homeschool ^_^ O was very intimidated by the thought of taking on four schoolers at once, but it occurred to me that the baby will start K when my oldest graduates, so all that will shift is the curriculum of the one kid (which will be an easy transition).

How are you feeling btw? I’ve had some mild lightheaded-ness and some odd sensations in my neck but it’s hard to sort out of these are health issues, anxiety, or pregnancy lol

If you don’t have time for test shopping you could always get some delivered ;)

Another homeschooler here!
And I felt done when I was pregnant with our youngest… that’s shifted over the last 6ish months and now I desperately want another!

Yay homeschoolers! Do any of you deal with nay sayers in your lives? Mostly people are fine but my biggest critic is my Mom, who is a retired public school teacher. She is not rude or anything but asks me every now and then if I’ll be sending the kids to public school. She just did this again about my oldest and if he’ll do high school in public school. She said she was discussing it with a friend. I flat out finally said “our kids will never go to public school”. For the record if any of them wanted to I’d consider it but none of them do. Anyway I just don’t know what to say to get her to accept it.

I love my mom to death; she’s just very obviously not on board with some of our lifestyle choices. We left the busy suburbs (now it’s a city up there really, so much growth) to be country folk and homesteaders. I quit my job to be a SAHM.

I was terrified to tell her I’m pregnant but ripped that bandaid off yesterday to get it over with!

@gigglebox I had a similar experience because i left a great, high paying career that i worked so hard for. My dad didnt understand me wanting to be a sahm and the wife i felt called to be. We’ll be homeschooling also. My dad doesnt understand that nor that i resigned from work. We also bought land; raise sheep and chickens (hopefully cows soon); and grow an orchard.
The world changes a lot and parenting decisions have to keep up with that.

Has anyone gotten a vvfl on a wondfo and it turn out to be wrong? Is wondfo known for bad lines like what happens with frers?

I am furious with these pregnancy tests! I took one this morning with fmu and its vfl in person (a bit harder to capture with the camera) so i used one of the blue dyes that i hate and another wondfo. I think they just have bad lines even though they’re negative.

IMG_4072.jpeg

IMG_4075.jpeg

@gigglebox my parents are horrible about homeschooling, it’s really hurt our relationship a lot. It’s been pretty devastating. They cannot let it go and i don’t seem to be able to get through to them no matter how calmly and frequently I ask them to stop. They’ve said some horrible things I can not forget.

In-laws are quiet (probably don’t approve but are always respectful) and my sister is amazing even though she’s strongly pro-public school. She and I are polar opposites socially, politically etc but we are BFFs and it’s never an issue.

Yay homeschoolers! Do any of you deal with nay sayers in your lives? Mostly people are fine but my biggest critic is my Mom, who is a retired public school teacher. She is not rude or anything but asks me every now and then if I’ll be sending the kids to public school. She just did this again about my oldest and if he’ll do high school in public school. She said she was discussing it with a friend. I flat out finally said “our kids will never go to public school”. For the record if any of them wanted to I’d consider it but none of them do. Anyway I just don’t know what to say to get her to accept it.

I love my mom to death; she’s just very obviously not on board with some of our lifestyle choices. We left the busy suburbs (now it’s a city up there really, so much growth) to be country folk and homesteaders. I quit my job to be a SAHM.

I was terrified to tell her I’m pregnant but ripped that bandaid off yesterday to get it over with!

Sounds like we are cut from the same cloth! My parents are also both retired teachers (my mom kindergarten and elementary and my dad high school science). There's been a little pushback, but not a whole lot actually. I told them when I was 16 I'd be homeschooling my kids when I had them so they had 10 years to prepare. Though the homeschooling they had in mind was "school at home" sit in a desk and do all the same work you'd do at school, and my mom tried to convince me to send my older two to kindergarten for quite some time. I know they didn't really get it for the longest time, though they did try to be supportive which I appreciate. But they've definitely come around over the past few years. My mom even acknowledges that school can no longer prepare kids for the future and it's full of so much bureaucracy that so much actual teaching happens anymore and kids are so much better off being taught critical learning skills and helping them figure out what they want to do and then what they need to achieve to make that happen.

We spent 4 years homesteading with goats and chickens on a little rented farm, but moved back to Canada from almost 4 years ago and had to give it up and haven't been able to find a homestead we can afford to rent, let alone buy, since we moved back. *Sigh*.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->