Teething and literally no sleep...how long does it last?

iwanta8a8y

TTC #3 ;-)
Reaction score
As the title says really. My little man is teething and he is literally screaming in pain most of the night - and day!!

How long will it last this bad? He won't/can't sleep bless him - which means I'm not either!

I take it you found some teeth cutting in! Nolan's bottom 2 teeth took about 2 night each, but now his top 4 are coming in and none have cut through and it has been 5 days! I hope they cut through soon! Have you tried any pain relief yet?

Usually a few days in a row when the actual tooth is cutting through.

I find amber teething necklaces tend to take the edge off

It's not that obvious but I can see something yeah. I have been using bonjella and astons teething powders and also giving him calpol too.

Poor little bubba!

My LO had two teeth come through a few weeks ago and it was AWFUL for three days!

I found the Calprofen helped better with painrelief.:thumbup::thumbup:

Calpropfen / Nurofen is loads better for teething! :)

Depends on the child really as to how long it lasts. My LO was not too bad, about 2 nights per tooth until her molars and canines started.
That's a whole other story though.. :rofl:

Hope he feels better soon x

Anbesol put on just before bed is brilliant along with calpol or nurofen

Just like to say you're not alone - we've been up the past couple of nights teething to! Have every gel/medicine (except calprofen - will try that!) toy available, just got an Amber teething necklace as a last resort. Xx

I also found Nurofen was far better while lo's 2 bottom teeth came through. While the first one was coming through we had 2 nights of him waking ever 45 minutes! zzzzzz

feeling your pain hun. zakk is teething (finally!) and although so far ok at night in the day is screaming in pain.

i was loosing my marbles yesterday. cold teething rings from the fridge seem to keep him going for bits of time and just regular pain relief. have some nurofen in the cupboard will try that next round!

will be watching this thread to see how long the really nasty bit lasts! each night i go to bed with trepidation! but so far he has been ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->