Teething?

fruity

Reaction score
Never having had a baby before i am not sure but think maybe my LO is teething. She's 13 weeks now and for the last week or so she has been dying to chomp on things. She's had a touch of nappy rash which she's never had before. She has a wee rash on one side of the face near her jaw and when I rub my finger on her gum I can feel 3 jagged bits at the back. I know it sounds like teething but isn't she a bit young? She is being really grouchy and isn't sleeping during the day now despite giving her calpol.

If it is that does anyone know what I can give her? I know that the powders have lactose in and she's allergic to that.

babies can start teething any age and it sounds like shes teething to me poor thing.

aston and parsons (think thats the name) teething powder works best for zane when hes teething really bad

edit: didnt see she was allergic to powder :( id talk to ur hv about it but u can always try teething toys but she might not use them being so young

good luck

Have you tried Bonjela teething gel? it can be used from 2 months

The ingredients are

The active ingredients are lignocaine hydrochloride 0.33% w/w and cetalkonium
chloride 0.01 % w/w. The other ingredients are ethanol 96% (33.45% w/w), glycerol, hypromellose 4500, sodium cydamate, banana flavour and water

HTH

Hi girls,
Thanks for your replies. Yes, we have tried the baby bonjela but it makes her gag. It tastes horrid. We are persisting with it and will ask the HV for something else on Wednesday but she is really suffering.

I think Leyla's teething too but she's not got the hang of putting a teething ring in her mouth and they're a bit big for her :( I've heard that those link toys are great for younger babies as they're smaller so we've got her some for christmas... seems mean to make her wait though

my lil girl started teething at about 3 months (still no teeth and shes 6 months aarrgghh lol) i use the powders, ashtons and teetha ones. I also use calgel as bonjela makes my lil girl gag to

Other than that she just chews on EVERYTHING!! brought some teething rings from mothercare and they are brilliant!! i fond with most teething toys they are big and she cant chew them properly, these ones from mothercare are great as she can put them in her mouth and chew right at the back

My little one is teething already and she is only 9 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->