Teething?

MummytoOscar

& one in the oven <3
Reaction score
This may seem like a silly question but here goes...

Oscar has 2 teeth that have just appeared at the front of his lower gums. He was fine before they appeared but now that they are clearly visible when he cries/smiles he is not a happy chappy.

I have used teething rings (cooled), gels and when he gets really stressed Calpol. Every toy he gets his hands on goes into his mouth. But I don't like the idea of giving him Calpol regularly.

I am wondering if there is another reason for him not settling and causing his crankiness etc. As I would have thought that now the teeth are visible surely the worst is over (when the teeth cut through the gums)? I don't want to just assume that it is the teething when it could be something else.

Is it normal for lo to still be in discomfort with teething after they have appeared? Any suggestions of anything else that might help? I hate seeing him so upset :sad1:

My one hasn't cut any teeth yet, but I swear by Nelson's teething granules - seem to put an instant stop to any crankiness and discomfort!

Haven't heard of those but am willing to try! Where could I get them?

Tescos do them and so do the pharmacies. They are Homoepathic and suitable from birth! Ashton & Parsons are meant to be quite good powders too - although I haven't tried these.

Yea go for ashtons and parsons hun, loads of mums ive spoken too say they are magic, i have them in the cupboard just in case! Wow 2 teeth already, well done oscar!

I was wondering this too. Colton's had one cut through, and when he cries I can see the one next to it right under the skin. Expecting it to come through any day now. He still cries sometimes like they are hurting him, which I expect is the one about to cut through. But I thought the same thing, once they come through they should stop hurting. I'm hoping the one hurries and pops up so they wont bother him as much anymore!

Anbesol liquid worked pretty well for our two's first lot of teeth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->