Tell everything and risk it all?

xxembobxx

Reaction score
Looking forward to a HB but I'm having problems with breathing.
It might be a normal pregnancy symptom but I do have a condition which sometimes (rarely) escalates into a lung problem :shrug:
I'm due lung testing after baby is born as the consultant thinks pregnancy might confuse the results but in the meantime I'm getting concerned how I'm going to labour.
Breathing is a struggle at least once a day now and I'm wondering whether to mention anything to the MW's and risk not having a HB.
They bring oxygen anyway don't they? So if there were any problems they could sort it out easily.
Anybody else wondered how honest you should be with MW's so a HB isn't under threat?
I just don't want to make a big fuss and find out it's just a pregnancy symptom and I'm being a fusspot :blush:

Didn't want to read & run!

The key is that they can't really stop you having a HB. It is YOUR decision. They MIGHT prefer you not to have one, but even if that is the case, it is still your call. You might agree with their advice or you might not.

It's a tough call. You need to do what feels right for you. I'm not sure but I think I would prefer to my caregivers to have all the facts and be able to tell me EXACTLY what they could do to help if I had problems at home AND at hospital... I'd want to have an open discussion with them so that I could make an informed decision either way. But if you distrust your care givers, that is really difficult....

Good luck, whatever you decide :flower:

Exactly you cannot be stopped form having a HB, yes teh MW does have oxygen.

Have you thought about doing some hypno (natal or birthing) to get some good breathing techniques to help you a little?

late pregnancy is awful for the lungs they get so squished and the diaphragm cannot do its job properly so you can get wheezy and short of breath very easily.

I would often feel very oxygen hungry.

What the other ladies say. It's best that your MW has all the facts so she can provide you with adequate care. At the end of the day she can't stop you from having your HB and you would want her to be as knowledgable as possible about any issues or concerns that you have so she can help you during your labour. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->