Tell me about your vagina! :-/

Popples1

Reaction score
I need some help. I accept that things will never look exactly the same and as I'm not in the habit of flashing my vagina at strangers, I'm ok with that.

However, I've recently noticed that it feels a bit odd. I'm constantly aware of 'down there' and it feels a bit like I've always got a tampon string hanging out/rubbing if you know what I mean. I'd love to hear what is 'normal' for other pp ladies. When I look, it's a confusing mess of lumps and bumps but there is definitely something fleshy towards the back that sticks out a bit :nope:

FYI - I had a natural birth with a 2nd degree perineal tear and two labial tears (at least I'm symmetrical I guess!). It was almost 8 months ago now - am I stuck with this vjayjay forever?!

A lot of my friends had c-secs so I don't have that many people to compare with. Hoping you ladies can assist!

I had the tampon string feeling too, and also had a 2nd degree tear. I have to say I don't feel it often now but I do still feel it on occasions and do feel a bit different down there.

I had a second degree tear inside and now I have what feels like a little pocket at the opening. It has made sex a bit painful. I also have some weird textural stuff going on and it feels like little ridges. I have not dared to look.

I had the tampon string feeling too, and also had a 2nd degree tear. I have to say I don't feel it often now but I do still feel it on occasions and do feel a bit different down there.

That's a relief to hear. It's so annoying! I've only noticed it a lot recently so was worried I'd broken something when we DTD the other day! I'm seeing my GP next week to check everything is ok but I can't remember what it all looked like before so it's difficult to compare. Maybe it's something to do with our stitches?

I'm not as far on as you but I have the tampon / string feeling. Really weird. Also had a second degree tear. I've thought it was scar tissue around the stitches?

Everything looks normal to me though, but there is no WAY I'm up for sex now or anytime soon - it doesn't seem to want to stretch at all, I'm hoping it'll get better as it heals.... That said, there's no improvement since I first inspected the damage about a month ago!

I also have this bruised feeling and I can't decide if its my clitoris or if its a bruise from the catheter (lovely home birth then ended up in hospital because the placenta was stuck in behind my overfull bladder which didn't seem to want to let me wee!!). It is very unpleasant.

Good idea to get checked out - will be interested to hear what your gp says. I'm planning to wait another 3-4 weeks before going...

X

Glad I'm not alone although sorry to hear you're still a bit bruised and battered. I guess these things take some time to sort out. I'm hoping my GP has some suggestions - I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime I tried a teatree oil bath and applied some Aloe Vera gel today just in case it's some sort of infection or irritation. Gah, the things we do for our beautiful babies!

I'm only 6 days pp and haven't looked down there but I felt it in the shower. I'm terrified to know what it actually looks like. Everything feels really weird and very swollen. I had a forceps delivery with an episiotomy. The swelling seems to be going down now because I can finally walk with my legs together instead of waddling worse than when I was 9 months pregnant. I can get up and sit down without being in pain since last night which has been nice.

OP- google prolapse. Its nothing serious and is common but sounds like you *might* have it one.

OP- google prolapse. Its nothing serious and is common but sounds like you *might* have it one.

Thanks pp :flower:

I did do a bit of reading and I can't feel anything inside but I can see something a bit odd. I've been ramping up (read: starting to do them again after forgetting for ages!) the pelvic floors just in case it is a prolapse. The whole area looks a bit red & swollen though so I'm wondering if it's some sort of infection of something. I'll report back after my GP appontment for the benefit of any other ladies with troubles downstairs!

I'm only 6 days pp and haven't looked down there but I felt it in the shower. I'm terrified to know what it actually looks like. Everything feels really weird and very swollen. I had a forceps delivery with an episiotomy. The swelling seems to be going down now because I can finally walk with my legs together instead of waddling worse than when I was 9 months pregnant. I can get up and sit down without being in pain since last night which has been nice.

Ha - I didn't look down there that early either. The most I got was a glance whilst wiping and that was enough to put me off - it was so swollen and bruised. I'm sure you'll improve rapidly. I think I felt loads better after 2 weeks although I still got some painful throbbing and heaviness when I'd walked too far for a few weeks after that. Congrats on your brand new baby by the way! :)

I had a second degree tear and a few other smaller ones. The ridges I think are the stitches and the midwife said they should soften over time.

I had a look but to be honest I don't know what it looked like before. I do feel a few more bumps but I remember two midwives stitching me up going 'that bit goes there' as it was a bit complicated. For two weeks after it was stingy down there and felt like it was pulling when I stood up straight but the midwife said to try and keep up straight to help it stretch and it did get better by the third week.

We had sex 6 weeks pp and it was a bit stingy, I bleed a little for a week. I had my checkup around then and the dr said I had tore a little bit again, it might happen again but would be less likely each time as the muscles stretched.

We started again at 8 weeks and it had been great. A few positions are slightly more uncomfortable but it is getting better. Hubby says it feels the same for him but I think he'd say that regardless as he knows I'm a bit sensitive about it.

Ahh, I see ridges too. They must have done a decent job because I've struggled to figure out where the stitches are. Either that or it's so complicated down there I can't tell what's what!

I had my son 12 weeks ago and suffered an internal 2nd degree tear - still not healed properly and GP said the other day that I'm starting to get some extra scar tissue around the area. Not tried to DTD yet as I hadn't started on any form of contraception so will attempt this week perhaps if I can bring myself to do it. Partner is being very understanding thank goodness. GP said to wait another few weeks and if not healed with refer me back to a gynae and poss get re-stitched. In regards to other pain, when I have a wee I get a pain for about 10 seconds afterwards then goes, it's gradually getting better with time so give things chance. In regards to the look down there, as you said I have alsorts of lumps/bumps going on that I'm not sure if they were there before or not and only just this last week has the tampon feeling gone. GP said no prolapse and feelings totally normal. If you had a prolapse then you would know about it is what my GP told me. X

Thanks - it sounds like we are quite similar. GP said it looked like thrush so I'm taking treatment for that and things do feel a bit better but not 100%. I still have the tampon feeling a bit. No prolapse though which is reassuring! The GP also said to get DH to romance me before we DTD, lots of lubrication and a few glasses of wine. I think she's my new favourite doctor! ;)

I have this too. I had a second degree tear and quite a few stitches when dd was born. When the midwife checked my stitches at home she said I had a skin tag which is where you have a little bit of excess skin where the stitches meet. I have attributed the tampon feeling to that. I do notice it less and less as time has gone on but I guess if it is bothering you maybe see if you have it removed (it's possible-I googled it obsessivly at first!)

I also feel a bit weird and gapey down there ......sigh! Sex is no where near the same as before and still hurts 😞

Only reason I am not too worried is we are planning to ttc no 2 in jan so I figure i might as well get the second (and final) baby out the way and then see how things are. No point getting it fixed just for it to happen again! 😯

I have this too. I had a second degree tear and quite a few stitches when dd was born. When the midwife checked my stitches at home she said I had a skin tag which is where you have a little bit of excess skin where the stitches meet. I have attributed the tampon feeling to that. I do notice it less and less as time has gone on but I guess if it is bothering you maybe see if you have it removed (it's possible-I googled it obsessivly at first!)

I also feel a bit weird and gapey down there ......sigh! Sex is no where near the same as before and still hurts ��

Only reason I am not too worried is we are planning to ttc no 2 in jan so I figure i might as well get the second (and final) baby out the way and then see how things are. No point getting it fixed just for it to happen again! ��

I feel the same! I want to TTC towards the end of next year so theres no point doing anything drastic until after that!

I think I have skin tags too but I can't quite figure out where my stitches are. I wish I'd looked just after they'd been done but obviously with a newborn you have better things to do :haha:

I'm 5 weeks pp, I had a 2nd degree tear and I definitely feel different where the tear was (Perineum). I also feel like my lady parts are 'longer' or a bit more gapey since birth...anyone else? I don't know what it looked like before birth mind you!

I'm 5 weeks pp, I had a 2nd degree tear and I definitely feel different where the tear was (Perineum). I also feel like my lady parts are 'longer' or a bit more gapey since birth...anyone else? I don't know what it looked like before birth mind you!

Yep, definitely longer and more gapey here!

Popples1 it's horrible isn't it?! :-/ bleugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->