tell me your favourite quotes.....

Ok time to lower it even more;

'If you are what you eat I am cheap, fast and easy' Someone who I used to work with shared this little gem lol

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”*- Steve Jobs

“My life is my message.” – Gandhi

“If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn

“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” ~ Deepak Chopra

“Every second you spend thinking about someone else’s dreams you take time away from your own.” – Yogi Ramen

“What the mind can conceive, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill

“In the beginning you will fall into the gaps in between thoughts – after practicing for years, you become the gap.” – J.Kleykamp (Regarding meditation)

“History shows us that the people who end up changing the world – the great political, social, scientific, technological, artistic, even sports revolutionaries – are always nuts, until they are right, and then they are geniuses.” – John Eliot

Another favorite by Wayne Gretzky is:

You miss 100% of the shots you never take

“Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama

“Man’s mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes

"life is like toilet paper your either on a roll or taking s**t of some A**hole"

Just reading back this thread as I really like some of the quotes. Any more to add so they can inspire me :) x

"Don't take this shit to heart or you'll die with a heart full of shit".

My daddy told me these.:blush:

You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation, trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened. Or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on - 2pac

To avoid criticism; do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

I know its short but i love this one

"If you got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all"

And this is one of me fav ones

"Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are"

'I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky but why, why can't it be mine?'
Pearl Jam - Black <33333333

So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday.

The notebook :D

"When each day is the same as the next, it's because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises." -The Alchemist

"Words can sometimes, in moments of grace, attain the quality of deeds." -Elie Wiesel

Don't remember where all of these come from:

'Practice random kindness, and senseless acts of beauty'

'When a child is born, the world lights up with possibilities'

'Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart' (Winnie the Pooh)

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.&#8221; (Oscar Wilde)

'Thus though we cannot make our sun
Stand still, yet we will make him run'
and
'But at my back I always hear
Time's winged chariots drawing near
and yonder all before us lie
Deserts of vast eternity' (both from 'To his Coy Mistress')

Here's some more of my favorites.

I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

&#8220;I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much.&#8221;

&#8220;Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.&#8221;

~All by Mother Teresa

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
~ Marilyn Monroe ~

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
~Maya Angelou

I love reading quotes.

This isn't a quote but I like this.

&#8220;When God Created Mothers"

When the Good Lord was creating mothers, He was into His sixth day of "overtime" when the angel appeared and said. "You're doing a lot of fiddling around on this one."

And God said, "Have you read the specs on this order?" She has to be completely washable, but not plastic. Have 180 moveable parts...all replaceable. Run on black coffee and leftovers. Have a lap that disappears when she stands up. A kiss that can cure anything from a broken leg to a disappointed love affair. And six pairs of hands."

The angel shook her head slowly and said. "Six pairs of hands.... no way."

It's not the hands that are causing me problems," God remarked, "it's the three pairs of eyes that mothers have to have."

That's on the standard model?" asked the angel. God nodded.

One pair that sees through closed doors when she asks, 'What are you kids doing in there?' when she already knows. Another here in the back of her head that sees what she shouldn't but what she has to know, and of course the ones here in front that can look at a child when he goofs up and say. 'I understand and I love you' without so much as uttering a word."

God," said the angel touching his sleeve gently, "Get some rest tomorrow...."

I can't," said God, "I'm so close to creating something so close to myself. Already I have one who heals herself when she is sick...can feed a family of six on one pound of hamburger...and can get a nine year old to stand under a shower."

The angel circled the model of a mother very slowly. "It's too soft," she sighed.

But tough!" said God excitedly. "You can imagine what this mother can do or endure."

Can it think?"

Not only can it think, but it can reason and compromise," said the Creator.

Finally, the angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek.

There's a leak," she pronounced. "I told You that You were trying to put too much into this model."

It's not a leak," said the Lord, "It's a tear."

What's it for?"

It's for joy, sadness, disappointment, pain, loneliness, and pride."

You are a genius, " said the angel.

Somberly, God said, "I didn't put it there.&#8221;

&#8213; Erma Bombeck, When God Created Mothers

Please add more, ladies. I love reading new ones that inspire others.

"weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them." a
A.A. Milne.

I live this and a ton of winnie the pooh quotes.

A few from some of my favourite writers about keeping sight of what's important and getting through tough times.

"Once you fully apprehend the vacuity of a life without struggle, you are equipped with the basic means of salvation." - Tennessee Williams, The Catastrophe of Success

“A little too much anger, too often or at the wrong time can destroy more than you would ever imagine. ‘Behold how much wood is kindled by how small a fire, and the tongue is a fire’ – that’s the truth.” - Marilynne Robinson, Gilead.

"So everything is necessary. Every least thing. This is the hard lesson. Nothing can be dispensed with. Nothing despised. Because the seams are hid from us, you see. The joinery. The way in which the world is made. We have no way to know what could be taken away. What omitted. We have no way to tell what might stand and what might fall." Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

"There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it." Annie Proulx, Brokeback Mountain

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->