Tell us about what you do....

mommyB

2 boys and a girl
Reaction score
I thought I would start a thread so we can talk about our job and what we do. Whether you have your dream job, or in school (what for?) or if you are still searching for that perfect career.

I am a make-up artist, I went to school 7 years ago to learn everything there is to know about make-up, skin, and colours. I also studied theatrical and special effects make-up. I work as a beauty advisor and do freelance make-up on the side.

i am a nanny, p/t. i am in love with makeup as well. i have done photoshoots. i want to be a freelance mu artist. only time will tell. i did my own wedding makeup and will be doing other's.
i also love photography.

Im a support worker for adults with learning disabilitys. I work in a group of a few bungalows where all the clients have challanging behaviour.

I am an accountant, sorry not very exciting :) I do love my job though xx

I work in a toy shop. As far as retail jobs go, it's bloody fantastic! The people are lovely, and the atmosphere is great.
Still retail though unfortunately! I've basically dossed all through my education because I knew I only wanted to be a stay at home mum, and nothing else I persued was good enough lol.
I have a few things I'd like to do on the side, like sell little crafty things or be a child minder (loads of kids, including my own. Best job ever?!) and OH earns a fair amount, so we should do fine :)
This is such a good idea for a thread! What does everyone's OH do?

I work for Thomascook in a newly established area, I used to work in sales but have been moved to customer help desk. :blush: Not so exciting.. but I get cheap holidays :haha:

I am student of geography , and some interesting elective subjects as well as the additional ehtonology :)

I'm currently finishing up my degree after a teeny tiny mess up last year and desperately looking for a job as I don't get any student loan as I'm only doing 1 module. I can't wait to have a job, any job, even if I hate it. Nothing can be as hard as being out of work when you want to work and need the money. I don't know what I want to end up doing really but am in real need of some kind of work experience as I currently don't have any, which is probably where all my problems stem from!!

Beca :wave:

Recruitment. Yawn! Really want to go back to uni to finish my midwifery training, but think it will be after we have children xxx

I work for Thomascook in a newly established area, I used to work in sales but have been moved to customer help desk. :blush: Not so exciting.. but I get cheap holidays :haha:

We get free/cheap holidays too as OH works for Virgin Atlantic :D Handy, no?!

I only work in a pizza takeaway :\ I finished college a few months ago but I have no idea what I want to do next so working there will do until I figure out what I actually wanna do!!

I work in a Solicitors as a Legal Secretary and Receptionist but I can't say I really enjoy it. My dream job would be a stay at home mum but don't think we could manage on just my OH's wage so after we have our first I'll probably have to come back to work. Its the only thing thats worrying me about TTC because I know I won't want to come back.

I'm at college doing an Access to social science course this year and have applied to uni to do a degree in Psychology starting next year (I really really really hope I get in). I want to go into clinical psychology and do something along the lines of working in mental health.

Im a student accountant, however I will not be doing a job in accounts... I'm hoping to do midwifery at some point.

xxx

I work in research and development for the largest (American) non-profit organization that does the recovery, processing, and distribution of donated human organs and tissues.

Basically I get to play in the lab all day and wear scrubs--it's great!

(quick note: just know that if you are an organ donor you can save seven lives, but if you also choose to be a tissue donor as well you can enhance and restore the health of over 200 people!)

I am a student nurse at the moment, only 9 months til i qualify. I love it so much, i defo made the right career choice. x

I work for a software company doing sales/accounts admin. Not the best job but my colleauges are great and we have a good laugh.

Would love be be a stay at home mum and be able to home school them as well but I'm going to have to go back to work at least part time. I'd love to be a childminder as well fuffy!

I'm a student doing GCSE's. After A Levels I'm off to Uni to train as a teacher- hopefully for reception age kids :happydance: I can't wait! I did work experience in a reception class and loved it! I've also arranged to spend a month or two helping out in a local school this summer as I finish early for study leave.

I'm a student.. currently working towards my bachelors degree in Childhood Education & English. I also work part time at a car dealership and part time at an afterschool children's program.

I love working with kids and in 2012, I'll have my degree to be a teacher finally!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->