Tell us about what you do....

As of today (as i got the job i had a interview for this afternoon) i'm now back selling holidays as a self employed agent - love it - cant wait to start
i'm also doing part time study at home to be a wedding planner

xx

Before having Joseph I was working in admin for the local government. I'm now a stay at home mummy and will be until number 2 goes to school (hopefully). I have no idea what I want to do after, although I would rather not go back to admin! x

I am a RN and work with people with blood cancers like leukemia and work in bone marrow transplant. Its hard work, challenging and rewarding. My only down side is the mortality rate is fairly high so regularly have to tell families that some one has died and thats the horrible part of my job. I am thinking about becoming a public health nurse here which is similar to a health visitor, I need to learn to drive first.

I'm a primary school teacher and have a class of 28 4-6 year olds. Do other bits and pieces with the older ones too. Responsible for the ICT and Art in my school and do our year groups Maths. Would like to move into an area of special needs; would love to do child counselling but would cost alot of money to retrain entirely.

im a student until may 2010 :D studying english, i hate it :(
also working part time in mens fashion at harvey nichols. i really dont know what i want to do... apart from be a mummy.. xxx

I am currently studying for an access course so I can go to uni next year to train to be a social worker.

Why do you study something that you don't like?

im a student studying english history and psychology but switching to social work or nursing next year. Im also a part time waitress
:)

I love reading about what everyone does, such a wide array of careers, and soon to be careers. Someone mentioned about what your other half does. My hubby is an auto mechanic.

Is an auto mechanic a car mechanic? Sorry if that sounds dim lol :p
OH is the successful one of our relationship, he's an aeronautical engineer :) *SO proud!*

I'm an assistant manager in a real ale pub owned by a micro-brewery. I'm also on the verge of finishing my NVQ Level 2 in Team Leading which is actually below my managerial level but I did it seen as it was free (another notch on the old CV)!

I like my job most of the time but have been in the industry for over 6 years and am used to quick promotion. I have kinda peaked now for the forseeable future with this company (no full manager jobs coming up) and will admit to being a bit bored with the routine.

DH is a brewery operative at the brewery that owns my pub and he loves it. :D

I'm in my last year of a social work degree so hopefully as of June 2010 i will be a qualified social worker, working with children :) x

God I wish I had a job I love. Feeling really mopey about it tonight for some reason! Need to snap out of it lol.

I feel the same, I only work in a pizza takeaway. I know I'm only 18 but I really feel like I should be doing more but I don't know what I wanna do! :nope:

I'm 21 next June and STILL have no idea! :( And I don't get free education anymore, even if I do miraculously decide on a career path! It's annoying because it's 18 months until we TTC so I don't have time to go to uni or anything, and although I'd love a good job that I love, TTC comes first for me. Also, if I went to uni we couldn't afford to move out, and I just feel like we can't live with our parents anymore. I dunno, I was never offered careers advice at school (though OH was, oddly enough!), and I don't know where to go to gt it now :(

I am a mental health/health services researcher. Right now I'm finishing my PhD in nursing. I work with families living with dementia. It can be long hours and pressured sometimes but I love it.

my ohs the smart one...hes still in uni doing biomedical sciences so hell be a really successful doctor...hes a barman atm though!

I'm a SAHM :cloud9:

But when we finish having children and they are a bit older i will go back to uni...i used to study law but i've decided that i want to be a midwife :)

At the moment i run a baby group and am an under 5's committee member :lol: Oh also i'm going to study to become a BF counceller :)

Ooooh also i'm thinking about either
1) Buying a shop to start a deli in the town near me
or
2) Starting up a nursary/day care

Currently I am working at my parents accounting office but as of next September I will be going back to University to finish my degree and then apply for teachers college.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->