Telling people

~RedLily~

Reaction score
i found out today that im 4 weeks pregnant not quite sure how to tell people because im only 19 so not sure how they will react especially my parents...any suggestions??

Not sure what you should say but wanted to wish you luck. xx

congrats! i was 19 when i fell pregnant too, i just came out with it. they could see how happy i was so they were happy for me! :flower: good luck!

Well I suppose their first concern would be the stability of the parents' relationship, if there is one. You didn't mention this so not sure? If you plan to keep the little one, then I would say, just show them that you have thought through how you are going to take care of the baby, & don't cry when you tell them! You may be young but once you have decided whether to go through with it, focus on the positives & embrace the fact that you will be a younger mum!

And if you decided that abortion is an option you'd consider, remember that the most important thing is your happiness.

Whatever you choose should be the right choice for you, not other people!

i think be honest with your parents or close ones and tell me, i'm sure as long as your happy your parents will too. lots of luck. xx

i found out today that im 4 weeks pregnant not quite sure how to tell people because im only 19 so not sure how they will react especially my parents...any suggestions??

Congrats!!! Tell them the truth because it will set you free. If you lie it makes it hard for them to get over the fact that you are BFP. So just be honest, they may be upset but in the end they will get over it. HTH, and good luck!

You should try post in the teen pregnancy section. Other teens that have gone through the same thing will give you the best ideas on how to approach telling your parents and other people and they will be able to give you better support if some people react negatively to your news.

Good luck and all the best xxx

Well I suppose their first concern would be the stability of the parents' relationship, if there is one. You didn't mention this so not sure? If you plan to keep the little one, then I would say, just show them that you have thought through how you are going to take care of the baby, & don't cry when you tell them! You may be young but once you have decided whether to go through with it, focus on the positives & embrace the fact that you will be a younger mum!

And if you decided that abortion is an option you'd consider, remember that the most important thing is your happiness.

Whatever you choose should be the right choice for you, not other people!

I am in a relationship...although not for as long as i would have liked. I'm keeping it, there was never any question about that.

Haven't told parents yet, I know its putting it off but think i would rather go to the doctors first get everything confirmed even though I've taken 3 tests still doesn't seem real.

Thanks everyone for your help and support x

Congratulations sweetie and hope everything works out ok when you decide to tell. I'm sure it will :hugs:

Hi Kirsty, 1st of all conratulations :flower: x
i was 19 when i had my first baby, that was 20 years ago lol
im sure (even if its a shock at 1st) that your parents will be really supportive, as long as you happy & healthy thats the main thing..

Hope it all goes well for you :hugs: x

Congratulations! I got married at 19 and although people thought we were too young at the time, we knew it was right for us and it worked out great. I am sure they will be supportive, you are an adult and hopefully they will respect that - good luck :) x

Thanks everyone!!!

I told my mum, she's been soo AMAZING about it. i knew she wud be ok with it but was still very nervous about telling her but she's being really supportive and positive.

Congratulations!

Im glad that you're mum is being real supportive and positive.
Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->