Telling the MIL...?

lucy_smith

Reaction score
I am honestly crapping myself about telling her! Anyone else? Anyone tell her and it not be as bad as expected?
This is probably going to be one of the hardest bits for me !

i didnt tell her because I was shy but my boyfriend(now fiancee) told her at the time when she was driving him home from work. She was soooo thrilled because this would be her first grandchild! Neither of us were afraid to tell her exactly but i can remember being super shy about letting anyone know because i found out i was pregnant so early and wasn't for sure if I should wait a few months, but I didn't. we ended up telling EVERYBODY by the time i was 6 weeks. We just couldn't contain the excitement.

Yes dreading my mil finding out only because I know she will slag me off and make comments on how we don't need anymore children. She's a selfish witch despised the fact we had our boys because it meant we would no longer be able to fly over to France to visit her and with each child we have the less she will see of her son.

It really gets my goat as a) she choose to move there no one forced her and b) our lives should not be dictated by what makes her happy/not happy.

My fil and his wife know and they are happy. My mum is the next person I tell and I think she will have mixed feelings more for the worry over me losing another then anything but hopefully she will be happy for me too.

But regardless what family/friends think we are over the moon and this baby is wanted by both me and hubby and when we tell our children I know they will love knowing they have another sibling on the way x

It just depends on your relationship. My MIL and I have a decent relationship, so she was really excited. Also, having my son now makes me think of him when he's older and having kids- I'd want to know and not be left out of something so important like that. I'd be more hurt feeling like they were not wanting to tell me (and you wouldn't want it to get to her some other way). But the timing just depends on when you're comfortable telling people.

with my first she apparently guessed and confronted OH when he was backed into a corner then told the whole of his family before we where ready to tell anyone

she never greatly liked me and although she see my son we have no relationship so im not fussed as I wont be telling her someone else will

I am part way through the MIL and FIL. They know, as of yesterday, but aren't currently talking to my partner and I.

I hope it goes better for you <3 I think even if it is hard at first, it will probably get easier.

My MIL, who is the opposite of the stereotype and a wonderful woman (I got lucky in that category it seems), made the creepily accurate prediction of two new grandbabies by next christmas at Christmas dinner. My soon to be SIL who is also preggo and I kinda looked at each other like "who told her??" I swear she has a 6th sense about this stuff and we're trying to wait til early February to announce

My MIL took it great and was crying. It will be her first grandkid. Any reason you think she won't take the news good? Also, my hubby told her but I was there...

my mil hates me so I'm dreading her finding out. dh can txt her or something :haha:

Same here Ella but the feeling is mutual as I hate my mil too. No love lost there. Hubby will probably chicken out and tell her over facebook or text as he doesn't want to tell her either lol x

Lol baby tots, definitely no love lost between us either, can't stand the woman! :haha: luckily DH doesnt feel too differently

My husband told her. I don't talk to her much. She lives a few states away and couldn't even manage to make it to our wedding.

I kind of wish we wouldn't have told her. Apparently she's taken it upon herself to tell whoever she wants and post it on people's facebook pages. She's officially out of the "first-to-know" club.

Nobody on my side of the family has done that...and if they have, they're all at least smart enough to keep a secret and not to be sending me congratulations messages like he seems to keep getting.

We told my MIL on Christmas. She only has one grandchild (our daughter) and is SO eager for more! We did think twice though...we told her at 6 weeks with our very first pregnancy and even after telling her to keep it quiet, she told EVERYONE from extended family to old neighbours! That pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 8 weeks and she felt terrible so I'm pretty sure our secret is safe with her this time around.

We left it late to tell, it worked out we told her on the Thursday, water broke on the Friday and baby came on the Monday! So 4 days notice, but baby is a 27 weeker. She took it way better than expected:wacko:

Good luck guys!

she always told me that she doest want grand children and that she didn't want me popping any out.
it ended up being fine :) they are so excited (which i didn't expect) but I'm so glad they are on board!
i don't think they understand how much it means to me that we have there support! !
they had it in there head that because i have endo and they know how bad it is that they didn't think i could have children so maybe thats why she has been that way. so they are surprised shock but super happy for us :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->