Telling your OH

anticipating

Reaction score
I am a mom of two aged 17 and 10. Three and a half years ago, I met my soul mate and he has no children of his own. We moved in together two years ago and have been NTNP for the most part. Now, I am really sure I am going really BFP on Thursday. Anyone out there been in this situation before? I am looking for really creative ideas of how to tell him. Ideas?
:happydance:

I actually didn't tell my husband. I just stopped doing things that may affect the baby (working with bleach, lifting anything heavy, drinking caffeine, etc.) and waited for him to notice. I recognized when he started to question things, and it was kinda funny watching him struggle to find the courage to ask. :haha: He was adorable, though. He finally just asked me why I wasn't doing those things, and I said, "Well, honey, why wouldn't I be drinking caffeine?" He went, "Are you pregnant?" and I said I was. He was quite pleased at himself for being so clever as to notice.

my friend she got a congrates ballon and a baby grow and the positive test. And waited for him to come bk from work and find it. My hubby saw a faint test when i first started to get a bfp as we were on treatment and lttc. So i couldnt really suprise my dh. But u could always google ideas xx

Ummm I rang my husband from sainsburys carpark after I poas in their loo! #lifechanging moment :haha:

I actually didn't tell my husband. I just stopped doing things that may affect the baby (working with bleach, lifting anything heavy, drinking caffeine, etc.) and waited for him to notice. I recognized when he started to question things, and it was kinda funny watching him struggle to find the courage to ask. :haha: He was adorable, though. He finally just asked me why I wasn't doing those things, and I said, "Well, honey, why wouldn't I be drinking caffeine?" He went, "Are you pregnant?" and I said I was. He was quite pleased at himself for being so clever as to notice.

If I waited for him to say something, I might be waiting a long time. He wouldn't know how to approach it or even notice unless I leave 'subtle' clues around. Baby magazines and web searches history. I could just leave the test on the counter by "mistake". He has never been around a pregnant woman. He is a youngest child and both his niece and nephew are adopted due to his SIL fertility problems. So, he really is in for the ride of his life.

guess I'll have more time to think of a way. :bfn: this morning. 15 dpo and have been spotting for two days so I guess I am having my normal routine and its just that the :witch: is running late AGAIN! I normally spot for a couple of days and then bleed for a day or two and spot for three more. Maybe I am too irregular to figure out when is best for me to TTC. Good luck to you all and lots of :dust:

Ummm I rang my husband from sainsburys carpark after I poas in their loo! #lifechanging moment :haha:

Same, but was at morrisons!!

With this one we had people staying and I called him into the hall and saved the test in front of his face ... I'm very romantic!

Same, but was at morrisons!!

With this one we had people staying and I called him into the hall and saved the test in front of his face ... I'm very romantic!

Haha a beautiful moment! OT but oooooo - you live in Cornwall? Super jealous!

It's nasty here at the moment! Normally lovely though!x

Ours was a bit of a surprise... We had decided to NTNP after September's pack of BC was gone. I thought it would take a while for my cycles to regulate and since my husband has low testosterone, I anticipated that it would take several months for us to BD enough to catch an egg. Instead we caught the first egg on only one BD!

I wasn't expecting a positive when I POAS but I did it just to be safe as I was going to be drinking and smoking at a wedding and reception. I tested the day of the wedding on an $0.88 cheap test from Wal-Mart. I gave it two minutes and tossed it because my OH was on his way home. A couple hours later he left to run and errand and I fished the negative test out of the garbage so I could see if there was an evap...

To my surprise the evap was full of color instead of being gray so I was a bit concerned that I had misread the information packet... I pulled out my back-up test and and peed on it while I was getting dressed for the wedding... Shockingly a 2nd line popped up in the alloted time frame. My DH was trying to get me ready to go out the door so I quickly threw the test into a baggie and put it in my purse.

The wedding and reception were at the same location so I sent a text of the test to my best friend right before the wedding to get a second opinion... At this point I'm quietly freaking out because the OH and I didn't really expect this to happen so fast. Between the wedding and the beer-filled reception, I ask my DH if he wants to walk around the pond with me while we wait for the food line to become shorter... We each lit a cigarette and took a walk.

When we got about halfway around we stopped and I told him that this may be my last cigarette... I told him I had taken a test before we left and I handed it to him. He says: One of these lines is lighter than the other, does that mean no? I told him the fact that there's two at all means yes. I told him I would have waited longer to tell him, but I had been talking about getting hammered at this reception for weeks and I didn't want him to blurt out: Why aren't you drinking? in front of my family and neighbors who were in attendance...

We left the wedding early so I could get a FRER from Wal-Mart that I would trust more... When I got home I peed on it right away. In about 30 seconds the 2nd line appeared! I took it straight to my OH and handed it to him. His response? Yay for super sperm!

we had been trying for about 7 months I had an old IC left over from the previous month and decided to use it expecting another bfn, but when I saw the line come up I called him at work saying I can even see it when I hold it away from light LOL.. he didn't believe me he made me do 4 other tests including a digi before he could accept it! :p x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->