Temp Adjusting

smurphy90

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I'm still pretty new to charting and I was wondering how many people adjust their temps and how many do not.

I've read on various other forums that some women find it accurate and some do not. I've tested it in the past and it was 0.01-0.03 degrees different (I was able to sleep for about five hours before and after the 1st temp, each time.) So I used the temp at my regular time, since the difference was small between it and the calc.

Today though, I woke up 3 hours before my temp time. Took my temp, got up for a minute, and then went back to sleep. When I temped at my regular time, my BBT had gone down by 0.1 degree (C)? I try not to convince myself that changes in my room will affect anything, but I'm wondering if my DH opening the window in our bedroom when we originally got up would have caused the drop. When I woke back up at my normal time, the room was really cold. Second "problem": When I used the adjusted temp, it seemed high. It was higher than any temps I've gotten this cycle (and I'm only one cycle into temping)... but they were always accurate for me before. I'm not sure which temp to use today. Currently I have the adjusted temp on my chart, because they've been accurate every single time in the past, and I'm guessing the open window messed with that (it was only 4 degrees outside, after all.)

Sorry for the tangent.

SO... do you adjust or not? Do you risk your chart looking super jagged by temping at different times, or adjust it? Any advice for my temp today?

Baby dust, everyone!
:dust:

Hey there, ultimately once your past O the temps don't matter too much. I would probably use the non-adjustable temp and note the open window. Your chart looks great, FX

I have all three noted right now, and I chucked "sleep deprived" in for today, so that the circle is empty, to more easily see that it's questionable. Adjusted just seemed statistically like the most realistic one of the bunch since historically it's been spot on. But I do have the early temp written down, and will likely change it to that if tomorrow's temp makes more sense with that. Or before... idk. At least all of them are noted. haha

I know one temp at this point doesn't matter much. I'm mostly just super curious since a decline or incline at 14 dpo can sort of start indicating pg vs. af. I know that's definitely not always the case, though. No knowing until AF or a BFP show anyway, though. I stupidly forgot to do an HPT this morning, at 14 dpo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->