Temp drop after BFP:(

Suggerhoney

♡Praying for a miracle rainbow baby at 43♡
Reaction score
Hi ladies I’m 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant and today when I took my temp it had dropped. It has been around the 37.4 or 5 mark and yesterday was 37.6c but I was awake all night so don’t know if that was accurate. Today it’s 37.1c. Also did a cheepy test and noticed the line is getting lighter. The 2 lines on the last cheepy were both the same but today the test line is lighter. I’ve also done a frer and yesterday and the day b4 my test line stole the dye from the control line so the control line was barely visible and the test line was very very very dark. But today The control line is dark again and the test line is just slightly darker but no where near what it was like yesterday. I’m 39 and I’ve had 3 mc in the past. Has this happened to anyone else but they have been ok? I really don’t want to lose this baby and I can’t have a scan or bloods done because they don’t do that here.

They do recommend that you stop doing bbt after getting a positive as it can cause more stress etc.
Regarding the tests you might be experiencing the hook effect now, also each test has different amount of dye in them, when I was testing I always dipped 3 and each 3 was different strength. I know it's hard after losses, but all you can do is try and stay positive, if you have had 3 mc your gp should send you for a early scan. Big hugs xxx

Hi hon no early scan for me because I've got children but I've also had 3 mc. I'm waiting to get an appointment with my high risk pregnany consultant soon and hoping she will want to do a scan around 7 weeks.
I had never heard of the hook effect but been watching videos on it and it said to dilute ure urine with water.
So with trembling hands I thought ok let's see if this is what is happening. So I added 3/4 water to 1/4 unrine and I cudnt believe it when the the test line came out very very dark. So the hook effect is a real thing. I thought it was gonna come up barly there faint. I feel so relieved.
Also my breasts are still very tender and was feeling pee green queezy all day yesterday.

So the 1st test was from 2 days ago and the bottom one with SMU today. I know it's still a good positive but I cudnt understand why I wasn't getting a dye stealer any more 20190216_084522.jpg

So I diluted my urine with 3/4 water and 1/4 urine. To see if it was the hook effect 20190216_084843.jpg
Top one is FMU and bottom line is diluted urine. My line stealer is back.
Also worked with a cheepy 20190216_085224.jpg
This one is with SMU20190216_085852.jpg

And this is the diluted one.
Why have I never heard of this hook effect b4.
So I think it's safe to say this is the hook effect? 20190216_085224.jpg

Ignore the bottom pic. Not sure why that posted again

Tests are looking fab hun, your gp should refer you for a scan, I've got 4 children and I could of gone to the epu for my early scan because of my previous losses, I just declined as it holds alot of bad memories for me

Ps I think it's time to step away from the tests, your definitely pregnant O:)

They do recommend that you stop doing bbt after getting a positive as it can cause more stress etc.
Regarding the tests you might be experiencing the hook effect now, also each test has different amount of dye in them, when I was testing I always dipped 3 and each 3 was different strength. I know it's hard after losses, but all you can do is try and stay positive, if you have had 3 mc your gp should send you for a early scan. Big hugs xxx
Tests are looking fab hun, your gp should refer you for a scan, I've got 4 children and I could of gone to the epu for my early scan because of my previous losses, I just declined as it holds alot of bad memories for me

Ps I think it's time to step away from the tests, your definitely pregnant O:)

Thank you hon
Yeah I can totaly understand that bless you. I always started bleeding with my MC. Had no bleeding what so ever and my breasts really are so so sore today.
Hopefully I'll get a scan around 6 and a half or 7 weeks.
U only get early scans here if ure bleeding or in severe pain. I don't have either so they will not scan me. They also don't do blood work to measure levels here. The first blood test you get is around 8 to 10 weeks.
I've just got to sit and wait and hope to get a scan at 7 weeks if not I'll have to wait till 12. I have to call the booking centre at the hospital on Thursday and then they will book me an appointment to see the high risk preganacy consultant and I'm hoping she will want to do a scan. Like she did with my DD.
Yes I think I need to step away from the tests to. But it's the only thing I've got as reassurance untill I get a scan.
So it's hard

oh my god where in the UK are you?!?! I can't believe that they won't offer you a scan at the epu because of recurrent miscarriages, I had 3 children before all of my losses and I was under them for each pregnancy thereafter. I tend not to have betas now as I find I stress more.
Hopefully the high risk consultant will offer you a scan, I don't see my consultant until after my 12 week scan, if they won't scan you early, have a look on Groupon/wowcher as they sometimes have offers for early scans xx

Thank you hon. I'm sure my high risk preganacy consultant will want to do a scan she did with my DD at 7 weeks. Hoping that will be the same because 7 weeks is only a week and a half away so not to long.
If not I'll check out that thing you said hun thanks. Do you just type in Groupon wowcher? I mite have a look to see how much they are. I'm in the south west of England sweety.
Been feeling really really queeezy all day today as well as the sore boobs they feel so swollen and getting vainy now so I think that's all good signs.
There was a tiny bit of Apple crumble left but it had gone all mushy and just the sight of it made me wrech. And that sort of stuff doesn't bother me normoly so I know it's pregancy. I had to cover it up with foil and get my husband to sort it because I just cudnt look at it. My nanna thinks I'm further along thank what I think so Be great if I am. But I'm pretty sure when I O I felt it and had a positive opk. Oh well 6 weeks Wednesday yay.
I remember being just 3 weeks 4days and even the 5 week mark seemed forever away but here I am almost 6 weeks. I mustn't wish my pregnancy away because it goes by so so fast. B4 you know it you have had baby and ure missing ure bump hahaha.

It's just the first trimester is so scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->