Temperature question. (32 week premie)

xMissxZoiex

Leo, Wyatt, Owen & Milo
Reaction score
My little boy is 10 days old he was born at 31+5

He isn't in a an incubator he's in a regular cot, his temperature seems to sit at 36.4 the nurses say they'd like it to be between 36.5 and 36.8.

They put him on a kambed and his temp went up to 36.9, so the turned it down and he went down to 36.6 so the put it back up and he went up to 36.8!. Now they have completely taken him off the bed and I'm waiting to go and get his temp done again at 6.

I'm so confused, surely he's sitting just under the line, he doesn't feel cold he always feels nice and toasty. He wakes for his breast feeds every three hours and suckles like a champ!

Any experience with low temps??

Also is your NNU so anti hats??? Surely if it keeps them warmer they can only be a good thing???

My LO was born at 35 weeks but was at least a week behind size wise. He was tall but had almost no body fat.

The SBCU nurses at my hospital wanted his temp to be 37 degrees. He was in hot cot that started at 39 degrees and then was gradually turned down. After a few days they turned it off and I wasn't allowed to take him home until he could maintain at least 36.8 on his own.

He was under a tonne of blankets and had hats, mittens and booties along with his vest and baby grow. Once the hot cot was turned off they started gradually reducing the many layers of blankets, but he kept the hat on. I think I had hats on at home for at least two weeks.

They lose loads of heat from their heads so it doesn't seem to make sense that they'd be anti-hat?

My son was born at 33+5, he spent I think 10 ish days in the incubator. They didn't take him out until they were fairly certain he could maintain his body temp.

They liked hats, he always had them on. No other clothes sometimes, but a hat!

His temp was 36.4 again, it seems to be his average temperature. I've put a hat on him when he is in my room with me, I always thought hats were the first thing a new born wears would be a hat...

my nicu put a hat on l/o and when he went into intensive care the first thing they did was hat xx

It's so frustrating, I'm home sick now and everything is ready for his discharge but his temp is out by 0.1 :brat:

I feel for you. We were only in for 5 nights but I HATED it... esp when OH had to go home and I was all alone :(

Rio was 32 weeks. They wanted his temp to be 37. He always sat at around 36.9 and always had a hat on in NICU. They were the opposite, they didn't like baby to not have a hat on.

I'm beyond frustrated now! His temp has been good all day today but he is still on the heated mattress. I feel like there is no end in sight!.

I take him to be checked at 9.30 so let's hope it's still looking good!

Our little one was born at 31+6 last June and after the incubator was on a heated mattress for a week hovering in the low 36 degrees. I often came in to find him in two hats and 3 blankets. Poor thing ended up getting a sore bottom from the heat but once he managed to stabilise his temp he never dipped again. So close now, hopefully tomorrow he'll smash it and can come home! :) xx

He did really well over night, his bed has been set to 35 and he is maintaining 36.6 even went upto 36.7 hopefully the day will bring more good news! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->