Temping Question!!

Wish2BMom

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm on my 2nd try at temping and ran into a situation this morning. I'm on cd6 and have been temping at around 4:30am every morning, after about 5.5 hrs of sleep. But I had a very broken sleep during that time last night, but still temped. I had a better sleep from 5:30-8 and temped again just to see how close they were and here are the results:

4:30 - 97.7
8:00 - 98.3

I've been between 97.7-98.2 since cd1, all taken at or around 4:30am.

Which one should I use? The one with broken sleep but same time as the other days or the one with the better sleep?

Thanks for reading and any help!

The earlier one imo. It being lower shows you were more at rest and the higher one shows your body was more active on some level and also you said you normally take it around 4:30 so you should try to stay consistent and note your chart you had interrupted sleep. I sometimes will jot down any other temps in the notes section on the day for later reference just in case i come in handy later on. Also sometimes when I wake up much earlier than my normal time I still take my temp and just adjust it later when I wake up again. Hope that helps!

The earlier one. It's important that the times are consistent, so I'd say it's closer to accurate than the 2nd one. I have a problem with broken sleep, too...quite often actually...the way I handle it is to record my temp in FF and in the specifics I check "sleep deprived." This prompts FF to record it as an open circle so that you can know at a glance that it might be slightly inaccurate because of your sleep pattern. It's the best that you can do.

Hi there, I would use the temp with the better sleep and adjust it to your normal temp time. I used to do this sometimes whilst charting and found it helpful as it avoided having random high temperatures here and there. Your bbt dips then starts to rise as the night goes on, which explains why you're warmest just before you wake up. I wouldn't worry too much about exact temps during AF.
GL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"