Temping, what do I do!?

Sunny.X

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I've heard a lot of talk about 'Temping' what is this and what do I do? I'm willing to try anything that will indicate that I'm ovulating. This is my first cycle using ovulation tests and I'm finding it difficult and very confusing :wacko: :shrug: Perhaps if I do both then I'll have more of a clear indication.

Please could someone explain what it is I've got to do and what I need. Thank you, baby dust to you all. Xx

well first you buy a bbt thermometre. every morning at the same time you take your temperature before you do anything else. so no getting out of bed or having a drink ect. then you use something to chart your temps. i have a chart in my signature if you click that and join that you will get full informative lessons for free.
Good luck :)

Thank you for reply. I've just purchased a baby thermometer, is that ok to use? Do I take temperature from in my ear? And, so I take it, my temperature will go up when I'm ovulating? Sorry for 101 questions. I really appreciate your help! Xx

i use bbt ones on ebay, and i chart vaginally, was temping orally but am finding vaginally better accuracy, dont think you can temp by ear as the readings wont be accurate enough could be due to air, sickness anything and i beleive its meant to be lower temps to

You need a thermometer that goes to two decimal places as the shift in your temperature is usually too small to detect on less sensitive thermometers.

I highly recommend fertility friend as a recording tool, plus it gives all the information you need and even a course of charting your way to conception which has lessons on temping, opks and lots of other things.

Thank you. Yes, I got the app last night. Hopefully it'll help :)

Hi guys, I've started my temping as well! Hope I'll remember to do this every day! What do you do not to forget?

Good luck to you, Hun. Hmm I don't really know. I wouldn't forget because I'm too obsessed, I have baby on the brain minute I wake up till the minute I fall asleep. Maybe just try leaving your thermometer under your pillow or on your bedside table? X

Thanks Sunny. X, good luck to you as well! I'll set my alarm for temping, let's try that :) How is your app, is it handy?

you need a bbt thermometre and you can take it orally or vaginally

Thanks Sunny. X, good luck to you as well! I'll set my alarm for temping, let's try that :) How is your app, is it handy?

It's ok, I'm finding it quite tricky to get hold of. I've been charting my temp though and that's not too bad. How's your temping going!!? Hope you've not been forgetting :haha:

It's been ok for the last few days, hope it'll stay the same:) I need to upload it in here to get some views on it.

I'm going to offer you an alternative viewpoint on temping..

You said you have babies on the brain from the minute you wake up and that you're 'obsessed'. I found myself in a similar situation and I have to say that temping only made things much much worse for me. I got myself into such a tizzy over having the 'perfect' chart and I stressed over my temps. It got to the stage, very quickly, that I was dreaming about temping and sleeping very badly.

Obviously you might find this more of a comfort (I did at first too) and maybe it will help you. But temping is not an exact science and it does NOT confirm ovulation. Personally I recommend throwing away the thermometer and saving your sanity.

Hi redlemonade, for now I find temping quite comforting, at least I know what's going on with my body. Having the data saved may be handy even when you go to the doctor.

I'm glad you find it comforting! I hope I didn't come across rude or anything before! To each their own ;)
Good luck!

Thanks a lot redlemonade! Though I've found out that temping is not enough to know when your ovulation is, I need to update stuff like mucus, cervix or others.

I can't recommend the book 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' enough. It's all about charting and will explain everything you could ever need to know. It's fab! I love charting although I did get a tad obsessed the first couple of months that I did it - I just think it's fascinating :)

Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"