Tender Episiotomy After 6 weeks?

sera

Reaction score
Hey Ladies
Just wondering who had a episiotomy and how quick did it take to heal?
Mine is still quite sore, like achey... When i go to the toilet it even aches to just sit on there. . feels like pressure and this is very wierd and mabe a lil tmi but sometimes i feel like i have "air" up there... i dont know how else to describe it...
Anyway its very uncomfortable and i am also abit worrie about "doing the buisness" with my husband as i dont want to hurt myself or cause that area to be more tender... I havea 7 week checkup but just wantd to check if any of you ladies have or are experiencing what i have...
cheers!
xoxo

Yup i am still experiencing this. i gave birth on 3rd jan and it feels tight and sore still and i have to be dead careful on washing/wiping down below as its so sore. i cant remember how long it took for my scar to heal with my son.now i have cuts on either side of my mini moo. i must look like a train wreck:wacko:

Hi Hun, I would mention the air thing to you doctor while for there for the check up. I also had an episiotomy but I only had mild discomfort and a little itchy feeling when it was healing other than that I had no issues. Not too sure about you doing the business as it took OH 5 months to even consider doing the tango in the bedroom. X

Yup, felt very sore for about 7 weeks. Even now I feel very sensitive, like a bruise feels.
It's healed well though, so I know it's just a waiting game now...:sleep:

im into week 6 now and it still hurts sometimes, well stings, but i was in agony till about 4 weeks, it got infected but thats healed up now part of one of the cuts down there is still a bit open, and still has a stitch in it, we tried to "do the deed" last night lol but as soon as we tried i felt the open cut start to stretch so that was a no no

i have my check in a week and a half if its still open i will ask about it then

I had my son on the 13th Oct and had to have an episiotomy, if i remember rightly it took about 8-9 weeks to heal although i got an infection half way through...I had :sex: after about 7 weeks and it was completely fine (going for no.2's for the first few weeks was like sh*tting glass so having sex was easy!) x

Ouch - Mine was really tender still at 6 weeks, but more internally ... I had a coil fitted at around 8 weeks after and I was nearly clawing the walls because it was so uncomfortable, so when I went back to check 6 weeks post coil fitting I was crapping myself that it was going to be as painful as the fitting, but it thankfully wasn't, so it was about 10-12 weeks ish before it felt normal. ... or should I say, the new version of normal!

Mine was sore for a few months TBH so I wouldn't worry about it being tender after 6weeks. It still hurts when it comes to sex but only at first, then it feels better x

Hello lovely :)

I had an episiotomy too. I have to say that it's healed very well, and it's actually my tear that causes me the most discomfort.

But I do still get a pressure feeling down there. It's not necesarily where they cut me, more towards the front, but it gets really bad when I'm on the loo.

It's improved a bit in the past week, and I've found that doing my pelvic floor helps. I'd never bothered before, but someone else on here who had the pressure feeling suggested it, and within a week I felt a huge difference (that and I took anti inflammitory painkillers!) but I'm off those now and it's much better :)

thanks for the replys ladies! so what would this "air" feeling be then? could i be swallen occasionaly ? its so annnoying!!! I had it the other day when was going for a walk and it was driving me nuts!!! :(

I had Daisy 7 and a half weeks ago and even though it appears to have healed well mine is still uncomfortable at times. Where I had the internal stitches feels weird and sore the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->