Tender on right side of bump?

Nanaki

Mummy 2 two boys, an angel and a girl!
Reaction score
Hi ladies.

I am writing as I don't know if any of you ladies have this.

I went to midwife for my 38 weeks appt for a short appt to discuss what is my plan to have a baby due to previous confusion but I am sticking to home birth. Everything is good apart from when midwife asked me to lie down and have a feel the baby also listening to her heartbeat. When she touched on my right side of bump and it's really hurt. Her face seems concerning but do it again to check if it's same place and yes it is.

She tells me that if I start to labour, keep eye on it due to contractions if it's normal then carry on as normal but if contractions seems not right and the area is hurting and I have to head up to hospital. :-( she also said it could be because I have a small bump and the baby is putting pressure on it.

She wrote down on my pregnancy book to say there is tenderness in right side.

I did a bit of Google to see what comes up with, some of it says appendix? Some days it's normal as down to the baby.

The pain still there but that's when NOT to touch.

Many thanks for your time to read xxx

Has it only just hurt since she had a feel? Or have you had discomfort there for a few days?

Is this where the baby kicks a lot? It could just be from the pressure. I am tender in tjhe exact spot the baby always kicks. I imagine anyone would be sore if they are constantly kicked in tbe same place.

I never notice it is there until the midwife touched it. The right side where the baby's back on it and her feet are on left bump.

Now it's still there and my young son's head rest on my right and it hurts still.

Could just be baby lying at odd angle etc but if it doesnt go id ring up hospital about it and get it looked into. So that your minds at rest for your homebirth.

Thanks MummytoAmber. I will ring up the hospital to put my mind to rest and ready for homebirth. X

The whole front of my bump is tender to the touch...I never thought much of it though...it only hurts if I bump it into something or if my 5 year old comes up and rams her face into it to kiss it lol.

I get the occasional tender spot if baby's been particularly kicky in a small area.

I went up to hospital on Thursday evening to have it check out and out of blue the baby's hb is all over place, what a mischief little girl she is and midwife had me on drip to try and calm the baby down which it has. Plus my Bhs/contractions are irregular at the moment and they kept me in overnight to see if anything to process but nothing happen yesterday morning.

At the moment I could go anytime and wish it is time for me for this weekend lol and I had enough! :haha::haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->