TERRIBLE first US

Maleficent11

Reaction score
I had my first US ever this morning. They did a vaginal US, which my cervix did not like. Could only see the gestational sac, which measured 5w2d. Couldn't see a fetal pole or anything else. The nurse said it could develop into a baby or it could be a chemical pregnancy that won't develop. I met with my OB after, and she reassured me to keep my head up. I was scheduled for another US 8 days later.

Then, I go to work. Twenty minutes later, I had a significant amount of blood. I freaked out, left work, went back to my OB's office. The bleeding slowed a lot by the time I got there. She said she would only be concerned if I was bleeding as much as a pad an hour. She also said no more vaginal US, and she wanted to check my hcg levels today and 48 hours later.

I am so disappointed and scared now. How can people go through this much stress to have kids. I was worried about a miscarriage, but this is so disheartening!

It's hard to see anything before 6 weeks. Your cervix may have just been irritated. Keep your head up!

I hope you get the news you want. It is a very stressful time, but try and keep busy

X

I agree with the above, it's still really early days don't lose hope yet Hun. Wishing you all the best :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->