Terrible hip pain. SPD?

missy1

Reaction score
I am 20 weeks and for the past few days I am getting a terrible sharp shooting pain in my right hip. Mostly when I bend over. Or if my weight is on my right leg and I reach for something. It makes me cry out in pain it is so severe. I didn't have this in my previous pregnancy. To any SPD sufferers does this sound like SPD? Is there anything can be done about this? I'm concerned because I'm only half way through the pregnancy and my bump's not that big yet so dreading what it's going to be like further on :-(

I've had pain like this in my hips since about week 24. It's not got a huge amount worse so don't panic - i don't think I've got spd, the midwife calls it pgp. I've been to a couple of sessions of physio which have really helped, I'd recommend mentioning it to your midwife ASAP so she can get you on the waiting list. From me mentioning it at my appointment to getting my first physio session only took about 3 or 4 weeks so I was pretty impressed! Hope you find a way to manage it. Mine flares up with too much housework or walking so try to keep the weight off as much as possible and see if that helps

:hugs:

One of the weird things that helped me through was swinging my arms when I walked... it makes your hips lock in place... you look ridiculous, but there's no pain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->