**Terrible Milk Spots. Please help!**

holidaysan

DS + Bump
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

For the past week my son has quite a bad case of milk spots on both he's cheeks. Have been told by the dr that they will clear up on there own. They just look so awful and sore. They look as though they pop and then dry up and some have gone dry and scaly. They do seem to have gone a bit better but still look bad.

Ive been applying Aqaous? cream to them throughout the day. Is there anything else i can use? such as sudocrem?

Ive read online that sudocrem has cleared them up quite quickly for some people but don't want to put anything on his face that is gonna irritate him.

Has anyone else had this problem and what worked for your LO? Any advice appreciated. :flower:

My LO had bad milk spots as well. I used a little olive oil on them if they looked dry but nothing else, they went after a couple of weeks and she now has lovely skin.

Hi Hun. We tried sudocream but it didn't work. Omar's turned into face Eczema & he needed hydrocortisone once a day for 3 days to control it. His face is still sensitive & we have to use mustella Stelatopia moisturising cream twice daily xx

Eta: we tried aqueous & oilutum gel but both didn't work. The mustella is the only moisturiser that worked for us

Hi Hun. We tried sudocream but it didn't work. Omar's turned into face Eczema & he needed hydrocortisone once a day for 3 days to control it. His face is still sensitive & we have to use mustella Stelatopia moisturising cream twice daily xx

What did the eczema look like hun?

Very red, scaley cheeks. They looked like burns & they were inflamed. When he started to had milk spots they were only tiny dots with White heads, then they started to become inflamed & the redness & scales spread all over his cheeks

Amara had bad milk spots, and her's did clear up on their own. I was so worreid about them to start with but they just went.

I know sudocream does dry the skin up, so probably best to stear clear of this and stick with what you are doing, and they will go, aslong as you dont pick them.

:flower:

Very red, scaley cheeks. They looked like burns & they were inflamed. When he started to had milk spots they were only tiny dots with White heads, then they started to become inflamed & the redness & scales spread all over his cheeks

This is what my LO's sounds like. Think a trip to the Dr's is in order. Did it clear up quick with the cream?

It started to get less inflamed after the 1st use of the hydrocortisone. After 3 days there was no inflammation & it cleared after 5 days. He still have break downs esp when he's teething as the drool inflames his cheeks. Now we stick to mustella twice a day. xx

My LO had them right up until i stopped BF.as soon as i stopped they cleared up with in a couple of weeks.i no its prob not much help to you

My 2 week old has the same. Took him to the coca today and he said they will clear on their own. I am putting aqueous cream on and hoping they dnt stay for much longer, he's had them for 9 days now and doc said they could be there for 2 weeks!! :(

My 2 week old has the same. Took him to the coca today and he said they will clear on their own. I am putting aqueous cream on and hoping they dnt stay for much longer, he's had them for 9 days now and doc said they could be there for 2 weeks!! :(

Your doing exact the same as me. Ive been told they can last for months! I really hope not as they look awful. My LO has had them for about 8 days now.

My LO had them until she was approx 10 weeks, I cant really remember them going, It was like they dissapeared over night.
I just left them well alone.

Are they actually milk spots or baby acne? Baby acne is a result of your hormones. They can be red and also whiteheads. My LO had them from about 3 weeks. I was told to use only water on then which I did and they have totally gone. Creams etc can just aggregate them.

DD2 is 4 weeks and her baby acne is bad. If it's my hormones what can I do? I feel bad

Hey everyone,

For the past week my son has quite a bad case of milk spots on both he's cheeks. Have been told by the dr that they will clear up on there own. They just look so awful and sore. They look as though they pop and then dry up and some have gone dry and scaly. They do seem to have gone a bit better but still look bad.

Ive been applying Aqaous? cream to them throughout the day. Is there anything else i can use? such as sudocrem?

Ive read online that sudocrem has cleared them up quite quickly for some people but don't want to put anything on his face that is gonna irritate him.

Has anyone else had this problem and what worked for your LO? Any advice appreciated. :flower:

Hi, my little one had what sounds like this really bad (they werent sure if it was baby acne or milk spots etc) but his poor little face was terrible and the doctor told me to put aqaous cream on it but I found this made it worse. I started to wash his face regular throughout the day and heaps when he was in the bath at night with just warm water, I also didnt put anything else in his bath and it cleared up pretty fast. I also changed his bibs etc regularly and tried not to let him get too hot. I also changed his washing powder (thought that I would just change everything in the hope something worked for him and something did!!). :)

When my LO had this the HV suggested rubbing olive oil or breastmilk on her face. I used breast milk and it worked great.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Ive just been washing it with plain water and applying Aquaous cream frequently. It no longer looks dry or scaley and is clearing up fast. The health visitor told me to just use cool boiled water and no cream. Havn't listened to a word she's said though as she full of sh*t. Would rather take the advice of the pharmacist and DR as all the advice she has gave me from day one has been wrong!

My little one had baby acne fat week 3, (now week 5), and it clears up on its own. It looked inflamed and sore but didnt bother Leo at all. Breast milk works. I asked the Pharmacist for aqueaus cream, and he refused to let me have it as it just want needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->