TERRIED. BFP this morning!! ectopic or loss.

Super news Hun, really pleased for you xx :happydance:

i am so pleased for you africanqueen congrats x

Hi ladies. I am new here and just moved here from the LTTTC forum:haha:
I am very newly pregnant but with very low HCG numbers. Ist Beta HCG on 14 dpo was 23.79, 2nd beta on 16 dpo was 44.02. I am not sure wat to think and am very worried about an etopic pregnancy. What shud I be looking out for if it is an etopic? Should I have scan done so early on to know whether this is a viable pregnancy. Is there any way to treat an etopic pregnancy without a surgical removal? My doc has asked me to repeat the beta test every 2 days. I am very scared and confused. HELP!!

i had an ectopic, i miscarried naturally (lap and dye recently showed my tubes are blocked, so it just couldn't pass...yeah, great mood lifter, not).

never felt anything, they only found out it was ectopic bc my HCG levels didn't drop fast enough after the mc.

my HCG levels were on the low side to begin with but doc wasn't worried and didn't
think follow up 2 days later was necessary.

there is a way to remove it without surgery, they inject you with methrexate (something along those lines, i can never remember correctly),
it also means you can't TTC for 3 months

Thanks for ur reply tinybutterfly- So basically that means that with such low HCG numbers it cannot possibly be a viable pregnancy? If u miscarried naturally then u can go back to TTC in the very next cycle?

Hi looknomore... Hcg levels can vary from pregnancy to pregnancy.

I was told when I had my mc to wait a cycle to ttc to get the lining in my uterus built up. I had a very early mc... My Dr. make a comment that it was better to wait a cycle..(the next af bleed as CD1, not the mc bleed). I hope you are doing well. Did your Dr. mention ectopic?

:hugs:

looknomore, i am sorry u are going thru this worry hun.
All i will say, is dnt worry about anything happening right now. Even if it were ectopic it would be sooo tiny with those hcg levels that they would never see anything in the tube or uterus so a scan would be waste of time at this stage. I had my scan 2 days ago with hcg probs over 1000 and they still could see nothing.
They will monitor your hcg levels and when they reach around 1500 they should scan u to see what is what. Just remember that some uterine pregnancies start with very low numbers and end up being viable pregnancies so try not to panic and continue with the beta tests and all will be ok xxx

Ladies. Thankyou thankyou so much for your support and prayers. 3rd beta is 128 :happydance: Have to repeat it after 2 days but doc sys it looks promising

looknomore... that is great news!!! Keep us posted! I have my fingers crossed for you!!!!

africaqueen... How are you feeling???? THinking about you often!

Looknomore that is FAB news!!

I am doing ok thx mommytotande :)
I am still scared of thursday's possible scan results but i am coping ok so far.
I have another beta scheduled for the morning so will have results back by 4pm and this will give us a good indication of how the scan will go... praying they have risen nice and high. Thanks for thinking about me. Il update tomorrow xxx

My 4th beta is 195..inc of only 50%..so thats not good..

Africaqueen..all the best for ur beta and scan

My 4th beta is 195..inc of only 50%..so thats not good..

Africaqueen..all the best for ur beta and scan

Is may not look too good, but just keep in mind that some normal pregnancies go to term after starting out with very low rises.
Have they said what they will do next? xxx

I'm so sorry AQ :cry: Thinking of you and sending strength and love for your recovery and - when you're ready - preparing for Plan B xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->